Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stadium shock

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The disadvantage of bright is that once it's put into the container it has a limited shelf life whereas cask conditioned can be stored for far longer.

assuming the process involves pasturisation or whatever is done to Lager, i dont see how the shelf life will be anything less than that, which is a bloody long time.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
We've got a blank sheet of paper, and a glorious opportunity for a football club to finally offer some decent ales. The fact that other clubs don't offer anything other than what you've listed is another issue.

this is the point. why would you settle for being like mk dons when we can set an example, and create a venue that everyone wants to visit?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I dont get this ale shelf life bit. Some pubs have ales where a barrel lasts for ages surely, maybe weeks I dont know, surely you guage it and have a rough idea of what you have to get delivered once every 2 weeks? I dunno

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Do you have a beard mayhaps? have you ever referred to a landlord as "Mine Host"?

:lolol: no beard, dont say mein host, or indeed sidle up to some barmaid saying 'my problem is my wife understands me'.

I've also not vomitted up all over a pub, picked a fight with a group of innocent passers by or urinated on a war memorial.

These generalisations can be such fun :p

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
assuming the process involves pasturisation or whatever is done to Lager, i dont see how the shelf life will be anything less than that, which is a bloody long time.
That's the whole point - there is no treatment of the drink, no chemicals. That's why they taste different, individual - all the live stuff that is killed off in mass produced lager and bitters put in kegs is either removed (by careful pouring) or left in.

That's why breweries in the 70s stopped selling real ale in their pubs and replaced with the chemical stuff. It takes a lot less skill to manage a pub with keg only and is easier to stock control.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
:lolol:
I've also not vomitted up all over a pub, picked a fight with a group of innocent passers by or urinated on a war memorial.

These generalisations can be such fun :p

Really?, you really must try harder. We pass this way but once and all that.

*respect for using the correct german "mein" in this context as well, although that makes me rather worried that,in fact, you have said this to some Amos Brierly type Landlord as you greet him from the Pub vestibule as you shake the rain from your Barbour and stamp the mud off your hiking boots whilst pulling a well thumbed CAMRA guide out of a tweed pocket.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's the whole point - there is no treatment of the drink, no chemicals. That's why they taste different, individual - all the live stuff that is killed off in mass produced lager and bitters put in kegs is either removed (by careful pouring) or left in.

i was rather thinking of the "bright" form which is presumably as dead as a lager, or are you saying its just filtered?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
i was rather thinking of the "bright" form which is presumably as dead as a lager, or are you saying its just filtered?

It's not filtered, just poured/syphoned with the residue remaining in the original vessel.

There are many lagers which are brewed/stored this way. What makes the fosters and the carling different from the chimay and the cains steam lagers is that the latter set dont have chemicals pushed into the liquid to stop the fermentation, kill off the yeast and to enable the drink to last longer. It's like the difference between marrowfat peas and buying them just out of the shucks

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If they do ale, I drink

if they don't, I drink and just console myself by looking at our lovely new stadium

Im sure Ill be ok.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
yeah i want to arrive early and sit on the floor with my kids drinking from plastic glasses just a short warft from the urinals!

I hope this is not the scenario we face at Falmer, espescially as Martin Perry has stated that a significant amount of time is going to be spent on designing, decorating and kitting out all concourses.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
If they do ale, I drink

if they don't, I drink and just console myself by looking at our lovely new stadium

Im sure Ill be ok.
I'm sure you will - provided you find someone to buy you a drink rather than you having to put your hand in your pocket

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If the only beer on offer is Smith's, Carlsberg or the like I will not drink at the ground. If there is something decent there, I may well turn up beforehand, have some (decent) food, and then carry on afterwards - all giving the club more money.

we can even bid for world cup games

I hope this is not the scenario we face at Falmer, espescially as Martin Perry has stated that a significant amount of time is going to be spent on designing, decorating and kitting out all concourses.

:tantrum: its a concourse! i want to eat drink and meet! just have to spend in town,well done brighton! :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here