Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stadium shock

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
That's way too many places to spread our firm out, protecting our plot from other mobs trying to come down and take the piss

Will there be look-out posts for our spotters for instance?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Supporters' bar always part of the plans. Still is. Plans at the architects at the moment. Real ale on the agenda. Locally brewed at that, hopefully. Up to we who drink it to make sure that it is profitable to the club - what an onerous task! If by any chance it isn't, it wouldn't be sold any more. Simple. More when things progress. Difficult time for me at the mo but finger has been on the pulse all the way through on this one.

Who will be DJ'ing?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
no a decent social area is not just about alcohol its a place to meet eat and avoid the crowds before and after the game and watch the sky game etc.:US:
How will having a decent social area allow you to 'avoid the crowds'? Assuming a 12000 crowd you could have 6000 trying to get on a train with Jim D to get to the pubs near Brighton and Lewes stations and another 6000 trying to 'avoid the crowds' by all trying to buy a pint at full time.

I'm NOT criticising, as others have said it's brilliant that we're having this discussion when we could be talking about our forthcoming ground share with Crawley after the rejection of Falmer and John Catt getting us kicked out of Withdean. But I don't think it's going to be a as 'pleasant' as strolling up to the station to catch your train (Jim) or staying and having the equivalent of a quiet pint in a country pub while the hordes stream by outside.

Tell you what though, I can't wait to find out.

Whats in the pie?

How will having a decent social area allow you to 'avoid the crowds'? Assuming a 12000 crowd you could have 6000 trying to get on a train with Jim D to get to the pubs near Brighton and Lewes stations and another 6000 trying to 'avoid the crowds' by all trying to buy a pint at full time.

I'm NOT criticising, as others have said it's brilliant that we're having this discussion when we could be talking about our forthcoming ground share with Crawley after the rejection of Falmer and John Catt getting us kicked out of Withdean. But I don't think it's going to be a as 'pleasant' as strolling up to the station to catch your train (Jim) or staying and having the equivalent of a quiet pint in a country pub while the hordes stream by outside.

Tell you what though, I can't wait to find out.
30 YEARS AGO CRYSTAL PALACE:nono: HAD A GREAT SOCIAL CLUB CHEAP SIMPLE FOOD AND BEER A GREAT PLACE TO MEET,ONE DAY I THOUGHT BRIGHTON MIGHT HAVE A SET UP LIHE THIS;30 YEARS ON 90 MILLION POUNDS LATER AND NO ONE IS THE WISER WHAT WE ARE GETTING?:US:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I think there'll be quite a few ex-pats making the journey for the first official game at Falmer. I'll be there, so if you can find me in amongst the 22,000 supporters, I'd be more than happy to buy you a pint. :thumbsup:

It's definitely in the diary. In the meantime I'll have to make do with the Wycombe game when I'm back at Xmas to get my annual fix.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The club have a choice;

If they want to sell decent ale and food, I'll be there!
If they don't, I'll continue doing what I've been doing for the last 12 years.

Let's see what the club cares about, money or the fans?
I just don't get it.

I can understand why people wouldn't want to come to Withdean, but if you want "decent ale and food", why not just go to a pub?
It would be nice to have quality catering at the stadium but even if it's the same rubbish as every other ground in the country it doesn't really matter. That's not the point.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I just don't get it.

I can understand why people wouldn't want to come to Withdean, but if you want "decent ale and food", why not just go to a pub?
It would be nice to have quality catering at the stadium but even if it's the same rubbish as every other ground in the country it doesn't really matter. That's not the point.
I agree, it's just that, as I understand it, one of the things that the club are hoping for is that fans will stagger their journeys home and not all rush for the trains and buses at once (in much the same way that we won't all arrive at the same time). In order for us to stagger our journeys home we need something to keep people back, i.e. to make people WANT to stay on for a bit. Standing up in a draughty concourse to drink a plastic beaker of chemically-enhanced lager at £4 a pop isn't an attractive propositon for most people, hence the need for facilites that will be better than the bog-standard fare on offer at other clubs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
30 YEARS AGO CRYSTAL PALACE:nono: HAD A GREAT SOCIAL CLUB CHEAP SIMPLE FOOD AND BEER A GREAT PLACE TO MEET,ONE DAY I THOUGHT BRIGHTON MIGHT HAVE A SET UP LIHE THIS;30 YEARS ON 90 MILLION POUNDS LATER AND NO ONE IS THE WISER WHAT WE ARE GETTING?:US:
I can see where you're coming from and I don't disagree, but you still haven't explained how having one will help me, you and everyone else 'avoid the crowds'? If it's good everyone will want to go to it! Especially if it's the stand-out place at the stadium.

Take my cash please

I can see where you're co3ming from and I don't disagree, but you still haven't explained how having one will help me, you and everyone else 'avoid the crowds'? If it's good everyone will want to go to it! Especially if it's the stand-out place at the stadium.

IT WORKS LIKE THIS,SKY GAME ON AT 12PM ARRIVE AT STADIUM SPORTS BAR JUST BEFORE 12 COULD HAVE A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOING THE SAME,MIGHT BE 30 OR 40 ON MY TRAIN TRAINS CAN HOLD LOTS OF PEOPLE! SPEND TWENTY OR THIRTY POUNDS ON FOOD AND DRINKS FOR ME AND THE KIDS,AFTER GAME POP BACK INTO CLUB BAR WATCH RESULTS SPEND ANOTHER TENNER! AND JUST LIKE THE GOLDSTONE 30 AFTER FULL TIME STREETS AND TRAINS ALMOST CLEARED OR WIFEY COULD PICK US UP IN THE CAR! BINGO! I'M HAPPY ALBION HAVE ANOTHER £30 TIMES 25 GAMES=£750 TIMES 500 FANS=£375,000 EXTRA IN THE POT. IF ITS DONE WELL YOU COULD DOUBLE THAT FIGURE PLUS IN GROUND CATERING PLUS 1200 CORP PLACES IT ALL ADDS UP.:falmer:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Odd, the word "Hot" seems to have slipped into that post.

Why, you... why, you...

face_punch.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think the main issue that needs to be raised it why return of the rev has a sub-title at the top of each of his posts.

That's the REAL question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here