Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium application and car park application recommended for approval

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
From a layman's point of view the East Stand should be quite simple to do-all they have to do is bolt on the pre-cast concrete bits and add the seats. All the other internal bits were taken care of during the initial build if I recall correctly. I'm pretty sure that all of the bits that would normally take time (as in other clubs' expansions) are also already in place-the base layers for the corner seats were laid along with the rest of the stadium. We were all amazed at how quickly the slip form terraces were built. It'll be a doddle...so long as the little crane things don't knacker the pitch!

Was at the Amex a few weeks ago for work purposes and after i was finished i blagged a cheeky tour and look round, I was taken round by a member of staff not a tour guide and they told me on the sly that all the materials had already been ordered in expectation of a positive planning approval. Therefore no delay on that side and should easily be completed in the close season

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Holy crap, I agree with the Complete Badger.

Are some people in danger of excessively high expectations here? I've queued for bloody AGES for trains at Charlton, at Selhurst, at Millwall and other London clubs (I say London clubs specifically as they, with the Tube & train network & fewer fans driving, are the nearest equivalent to us. If you've ever been to the O2, or to Wembley Arena say: how long does it take you to get out then? The Amex queues are no worse really.

Nearly all the queues are gone within half an hour of a game ending these days, and frankly I don't think that's bad at all. Certainly not worth moaning about, apart from when specific cock-ups occur like after Tuesday's game.

How about, instead of expecting to be on a train IMMEDIATELY after a game, as some people seem to think is their right, you plan for it to take half an hour. Then you can relax, perhaps enjoy another pint, or just stand in the queue without getting stressed. Yes, sometimes you might NEED to get away, but presumably so does everyone else in the same boat, therefore the only people responsible for the queues is...er...you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
By the way, in case I haven't made it clear already, the 49 bus from Moulsecoomb to Brighton is still empty after every match.I realise it's not suitable for everyone, but there are alternatives out there.
The reason I think it leaves fairly empty is the fans belief that Moulsecoomb is still twinned with Moss Side.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Three points:

1. I seem to remember reading somewhere that it would take apx 6 weeks to do the necessary works and install the extra seats in the summer.

2. I don't have any problem with the current transport arrangements - bus to Lewes for pre-match drinks, bus/train or if problem taxi to the game from Lewes - couple of in-ground drinks after the game and train back to Brighton - simple.

3. As I recall there were some first/second season teething problems with transport during the first couple of seasons at Withers - I distinctly remember on several occassions having to wait for a considerable period of time (usually in the freezing cold) for an after-match bus back into town.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I don't really care about the transport. Let's face it, there are a few of you who are desperate for it to fail so you can say 'I told you so'. Who gives a shit about council documents and scaremongering? The FACTS are that getting to and from The Amex has got steadily better over the entire season, just as it will again next season. There is the odd hiccup like Tuesday, but generally it's now far easier than most stadiums in this country. You have a choice of modes of transport and a great place to be pre and post match. If you leave a 22,000-seat stadium at 4.50pm on a Saturday of course you will queue, but that happens at every venue in the world. All that matters is we will have the best stadium in this country with a capacity of up to 40,000 in just three months' time.

Nail on head. Anyone who expects to walk from their seat onto a train with little or no wait obviously hasnt visited similar sized stadiums so heavilly dependant on trains and buses. However frustrating, people need to expect a wait and make plans accordingly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Was at the Amex a few weeks ago for work purposes and after i was finished i blagged a cheeky tour and look round, I was taken round by a member of staff not a tour guide and they told me on the sly that all the materials had already been ordered in expectation of a positive planning approval. Therefore no delay on that side and should easily be completed in the close season

Nothing sly about it.

Martin Perry said it on the Albion Roar a couple of weeks ago.

Work expected to be finished (subject to approval, of course) on or around 18th August.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
edna k is right, as well as the other esteemed users who say that it's comparable to visiting any other bigish ground. I used to frequent wembley. 90,000 people, 40,000 of whom queue for the train back into london. Same waiting time as the amex. At least when I go to the amex by train I stay behind for a little to have some drinks.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Getting close now, planning decision on AMEX II next Wednesday !

Do we know when the training ground application gets decided?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Points worth picking out is that it looks like a CPZ will at least be consulted on with residents with Albion taking the full cost approx £150k to get it running and £60k a year after.

Those parking in residential areas are currently costing the club £80,000 a year in fines.

The Club are spending £200,000 on some minor platform improvements.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Interesting; there have been approximately 30 letters of objection and around 3400+ letters of support. Whilst this is obviously good, we really should have had 30k. Can't believe so many season ticket holders didn't write in support. I would mind betting that 3000 of those 3400 were as a direct result of NSC as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here