Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium application and car park application recommended for approval

Are you able to choose your tax year? I wonder if the club have a different tax year which ties in with the football season?

You normally choose your financial year when the company is set up - my company's runs from 1 April-31 March. I think for football clubs it seems to be 1 July-30 June, unless you're Portsmouth of course.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This made me giggle in the Falmer School objections:

The Stadium should pay to build sustainable transport to its events, such as putting in a tram.
How much money do they think the club have to provide a tram!!!

Ticket holders should be required to provide they have travelled to the Stadium on the train/bus/park and ride, by showing valid tickets to gain entry. This would stop them parking in the nearby estates.
What about people that live locally, will I have to get on a bus just to get in the ground even though I live in Coldean?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
The report is 168 pages long and we are not altering the footprint of the stadium or surrounding area at all! What a complete waste of time and effort. Just a barely disgused ruse by the council get screw more cash out of the Albion, thieving gits! Pretty much all s106 agreements are nothing more than blackmail. No different than the some herbert on Merseyside offering to "mind your car for a quid". So, there will be a bit more traffic and a few people won't be able to park outside there house for a couple of hours every now and then. Big deal, they don't own the f88king road. As a withdean resident we usually had cars parked outside our house on match days and as long as they didn't block the driveway nobody cared.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Has anyone got those mocked up pictures handy, the ones showing how the stadium will look with the corners filled in and the extra tier on the East?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The report is 168 pages long and we are not altering the footprint of the stadium or surrounding area at all! What a complete waste of time and effort. Just a barely disgused ruse by the council get screw more cash out of the Albion, thieving gits! Pretty much all s106 agreements are nothing more than blackmail. No different than the some herbert on Merseyside offering to "mind your car for a quid". So, there will be a bit more traffic and a few people won't be able to park outside there house for a couple of hours every now and then. Big deal, they don't own the f88king road. As a withdean resident we usually had cars parked outside our house on match days and as long as they didn't block the driveway nobody cared.

About 110 pages of it is a list of people who have objected/supported.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ones that have missed the start of games from perceived or real problems with the transport system.

But haven't such delays been caused by problems with the trains, e.g. signalling problems or someone running across the tracks. Surely this is completely irrelevant. Most people who are late will be late because they haven't left enough time to get there. I realise it's difficult for some people, with work, etc, but that's tough tits. I'm pretty sure 95% of people have managed to get to the ground on time for every kickoff.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
About 110 pages of it is a list of people who have objected/supported.

But my point is that we are not changing anything really. From the outside it will still look exactly the same, so why the need to jump through all these hoops. It's to make useless planning officers feel important and to con some more money out of the club, and ultimately the fans, as we will be paying for these unnecessary parking schemes through ticket prices.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But my point is that we are not changing anything really. From the outside it will still look exactly the same, so why the need to jump through all these hoops. It's to make useless planning officers feel important and to con some more money out of the club, and ultimately the fans, as we will be paying for these unnecessary parking schemes through ticket prices.

Once you've stopped your whining, and read the report, you'll realise that this report is about everyone having their say into what effect a 37% increase in capacity is going to have. That includes the things outside the stadium that are just as relevant.

The footprint of the stadium is only one part of the many considerations.

So we are to be taxed half a million quid to fund parking stewards and cones?
All of this because of the selfish few,why not just fine the dozy parkers?

Sorry, I haven't read the Council Officers reports to the Planning Committee so I don't know from where your £0.5m "tax" originates?
A few points/thoughts:
1) Compliance with the S106 clearly described by D'beep previously is essentially a condition of the stadium planning consent.
2) Those currently parking their cars in Moulsecoomb and Coldean on matchday are probably not committing a parking offence; if they do, they will probably get ticketed.
3) Those currently parking their cars in Moulsecoomb on matchday seem to have put the club in breach of the S106 which is likely to lead to a substantial fine. This should hardly be a surprise to anyone although I think the Club, as with many things, could have better publicised the potential impact on BHA of on street parking in this area.
4) Coldean is not covered by the current S106 in the same way as Moulsecoomb but the continuing on street parking here probably hasn't helped.
5) I wouldn't be surprised to find that they'll be a formal residents parking scheme (permits even?) in place on matchdays in both N Moulsecoomb and Coldean from next season.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Those currently parking their cars in Moulsecoomb on matchday seem to have put the club in breach of the S106 which is likely to lead to a substantial fine. This should hardly be a surprise to anyone although I think the Club, as with many things, could have better publicised the potential impact on BHA of on street parking in this area.

They have to be fair... online and the the programme several times, but people choose to ignore it

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The Club are going to trial a shuttle bus from town to the Keep. I think that could be quite popular and I would consider using it.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
5) I wouldn't be surprised to find that they'll be a formal residents parking scheme (permits even?) in place on matchdays in both N Moulsecoomb and Coldean from next season.

I bloody hope not or I will have to stop letting my mate park on my drive on matchdays. I'm not paying for a permit. I'll keep the drive he'll have to fend for himself!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I bloody hope not or I will have to stop letting my mate park on my drive on matchdays. I'm not paying for a permit. I'll keep the drive he'll have to fend for himself!

According to the report the Club would be paying for all the administrative costs including any permits, I presume they would be free to residents.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Nope, I've definitely never heard that the club could be fined.

I don't think they mentioned fines specifically but did state it would have a negative impact on the clubs planning application. Negative is an understatement given the figures being quoted!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here