Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs, why

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Why are Albion fans hoping it will be THFC in the big opening game ?. This is the club that caused the worst crowd scenes ever at the Goldstone and were involved in the infamous Saints match.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought most of us were incredibly underwhelmed that it is likely to be Spurs?

I am anyway.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Agreed. Would hate to see a 'big' London club here for our opening game.

I remember huge crowd problems with Spurs, West Ham & Chelsea.

No thanks.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be gutted if it was Spurs - but would give the chance to throw some abuse towards Redknapp

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Spurs ? Would hope we could do better than London's third team.

This. Although I'm not sure who I would want to play though.

I'd rather play Doncaster or Palace - someone with a bit of MEANING. Won't happen though because a) they're not glamourous enough and b) they're both in our division next season.

Failing that, at least a fancy foreign side would be mildly exciting. Spurs is just MEH.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd rather play Doncaster or Palace - someone with a bit of MEANING. Won't happen though because a) they're not glamourous enough and b) they're both in our division next season.

Failing that, at least a fancy foreign side would be mildly exciting. Spurs is just MEH.
All of this. I hope Donny is the first LEAGUE game at the Amex, and if the club can influence the opening fixture, I hope this is exactly what they do.

A fancy foreign side like PORTO would do me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Well documented on here that I don't like Spurs, going back to the 'Klinsmann' pre-season friendly at the Goldstone when their arrogant, thug-like fans were walking around outside the North Stand with their THFC flags threatening Albion fans. If the white scum do come down I wouldn't have thought the side would include too many big names in any case. Not that Spurs have anyone you'd watch if they were playing in your back garden in any case.

:thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are Brighton fans really hoping for this, or are there 2 or 3 on here hoping for this. Some even say it is a done deal, well good for them, if they know something that the club has not seen fit to share with the rest of us. I shall remain patient until something official is announced, if it's a Premier team then that will be good, if it's Spurs I shall get no more excited than if it was Wigan.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Maybe it is a bit more in depth than "just a friendly" might be to do with a link up of the clubs, i.e Tottenham being a feeder club for us? I dunno just saying...

Lush

Mods' Pet
Aren't we getting a bit ahead of ourselves here? As excited as we all are, we're a League One side going into the second tier of English football, in a frankly superb but still £22K-ish stadium.

I'd be thrilled with Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here