Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs, why

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is to give the Sussex based Spurs fans a chance to watch their team, other than a Carling Cup game whereby they beg people to buy tickets.

I don't really care who it is as long a we don't have to pay some ridiculous fee to get them agree to a game.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah. I want a fancy foreign side or a BIG Premiership side. In either case I want to see (assuming I go!) a fair few 'name' players and not just a 'Man U XI' for example. Even if Spurs were at full strength there's only about three players worth watching.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Aren't we getting a bit ahead of ourselves here? As excited as we all are, we're a League One side going into the second tier of English football, in a frankly superb but still £22K-ish stadium.

I'd be thrilled with Spurs.
For a normal pre-season I'd agree with you, but we're talking about the first 'official' game at the Amex.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Aren't we getting a bit ahead of ourselves here? As excited as we all are, we're a League One side going into the second tier of English football, in a frankly superb but still £22K-ish stadium.

I'd be thrilled with Spurs.
You're wrong Lush. If it had only cost £22,000 to build, we'd have ended up with something as shit as this:
Selhurst+Park+4.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd like Doncaster, Crystal Palace or a decent foreign team.
We seem to have Chelseas links though

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Meh, not the worst I've heard

guess the City game won't go ahead if they make the Champions League...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yep, the worst kept secret at the club.

I can also tell you 100% that I won't be going. Actually I genuinely wonder how many people will bother with it.

I probably would if they were playing their 1st team, but it is going to be a mixture of reserves and fringe players really isn't it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No-one is hoping it is Spurs, we just know it is Spurs.

6th August (or thereabouts) will be my first Amex game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am going because I want to see the Albion.

Was that aimed at me?

I want to see the Albion too. The friendly could be against a full strength Barcelona team and I still wouldn't be there. My non-attendance at the Spurs game has nothing to do with it being Spurs.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What the HELL do people EXPECT if a team from this years Champions League isn't GOOD ENOUGH?

It would be a great choice. Brighton will still get a TOUCH of the ball (compared to if Barca etc played).

We get to see international quality players managed by (probably) the next England manager against one of Gus' old teams.

Gomes (brilliant to watch for comedy)
Bale (wanted by everyone)
Dawson/King/ Gallas all international centre halves.
Modric, VAN DER VAART, Lennon, Defoe,Crouch, Pienaar
+ Any new summer signings.

Seriously, some people need to get a reality check. The opening of Brighton's stadium is not the biggest puller to EVERY team in the world. Getting Spurs would be competitive yet still let us see some fantastic footballers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here