Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs tx on general sale what the f***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only a idiot would book a holiday for that weekend ????

With all due respect f*** off.

Some of us do not see football as the be and end of it all.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think it would be more of a worry if we could't find 4000 non STH holders to take the tickets. As a non STH myself I will try and take every opportunity to get to a game and if there aren't several thousand others like me then what does that say about any future capacity increase at the stadium

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BY HAVING OVER 30,000 POSTS IT IS A BIT ODD THEN NOT TO WANTING TO SEE THE OPENING OF THE NEW STADIUM :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it would be more of a worry if we could't find 4000 non STH holders to take the tickets. As a non STH myself I will try and take every opportunity to get to a game and if there aren't several thousand others like me then what does that say about any future capacity increase at the stadium

I think there more interesting point will be the gate for gillingham. There will obviously be sth who wont go due to working away/ holidays etc, but it will gauge the demand for general fans. I wonder how many of those who would go every now and again actually bought a season ticketvand how many will look to get a match day ticket.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BY HAVING OVER 30,000 POSTS IT IS A BIT ODD THEN NOT TO WANTING TO SEE THE OPENING OF THE NEW STADIUM :)

A spurs friendly is no interest to me whatsoever. I want to see thevstadium full against donny. I have seen many friendlies going back to the 70's and 80's against Liverpool,spurs, Bucharest, standard leige, etc etc and they arem basically crap training games.....simples

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unless the club have sorted out the ticket site that, unbeliveably, shows every game as sold out I imagine they will lose thousands of ticket sales for games that are not sold out.

Maybe they've done it? If I had anything to do with the club that would have been in the top 5 things to sort quickly after the 1st game last week, and I'm hoping better business men than me are running the club..

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
As far as I am aware the spurs game has a 17000 capacity I'm presuming that the away allocation is included in that,1500 at a guess.
So after 14 years without a home & 18000 season ticket holders for the new season how on earth is there 4000 tickets still up for grabs.

This is the opening of our new stadium the start of a new era.Why has this game not sold out?

After forking out £40 for the new shirt, £17 on the gills game, £30 on travel vouchers then saving another £30 to be loaded onto my ST. I think I'll give the friendly a miss thanks. Not everyone here is made of money, and not everyone here see's football as the be all and end all in life.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was waiting for Donny. However it's my Aunts 60th and she's invited me down for a meal and the game afterwards. Seemed crazy to turn that down! I can understand why people are waiting for the Doncaster match though - normally I would be too!

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
It's not about the match, or the opponents. It's the occassion. Having spent more time than is healthy fighting for the club, risking arrest and doing things which when you look back give rise to a wry smile, this is a time to savour. It's a time for those who played for and love the club to parade and experience the future. Many of those ex-players will have supported the struggles and deserve to have their names heartily sung by the faithful. Maybe they could have reduced the prices slightly, but when you think of the petrol money burnt driving up to Gillingham every week it does seem a small price to pay.

So, I'll be there to celebrate a festival of all things Albion, to get the emotions out of the way before the real business commences and to say thank you to those who have made this happen. That, and quite frankly after 14 years I'll take any excuse to go to a place which we can finally call home.

Football and the Albion mean more than just the league, or competitive fixtures, this is one occassion when the 22 players kicking the ball is of secondary importance.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
A spurs friendly is no interest to me whatsoever. I want to see thevstadium full against donny. I have seen many friendlies going back to the 70's and 80's against Liverpool,spurs, Bucharest, standard leige, etc etc and they arem basically crap training games.....simples

Exactly.
But this time being charged the full whack, for a training game.
The opposition is not Barca. Just an over-hyped selling club who win a league cup every decade or so.

Went to last Sat's game at £10, which was my opening look.

Doncaster will be the real thing. Not the crafty money-making exercise vs alsorans.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's not about the match, or the opponents. It's the occassion. Having spent more time than is healthy fighting for the club, risking arrest and doing things which when you look back give rise to a wry smile, this is a time to savour. It's a time for those who played for and love the club to parade and experience the future. Many of those ex-players will have supported the struggles and deserve to have their names heartily sung by the faithful. Maybe they could have reduced the prices slightly, but when you think of the petrol money burnt driving up to Gillingham every week it does seem a small price to pay.

So, I'll be there to celebrate a festival of all things Albion, to get the emotions out of the way before the real business commences and to say thank you to those who have made this happen. That, and quite frankly after 14 years I'll take any excuse to go to a place which we can finally call home.

Football and the Albion mean more than just the league, or competitive fixtures, this is one occassion when the 22 players kicking the ball is of secondary importance.

Couldn't agree more. It's a showpiece, a day to be enjoyed in a relaxed atmosphere before the real stuff begins.

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003

This

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Wot a lot of saddos !

14 years, no home, those who dont go to the Spurs are part timers im araid.
its your chance to show your REAL support for Gus and the board for bringing us
the BIG time again. cmon, buy your tickets and get there for the 30th.......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wot a lot of saddos !

14 years, no home, those who dont go to the Spurs are part timers im araid.
its your chance to show your REAL support for Gus and the board for bringing us
the BIG time again. cmon, buy your tickets and get there for the 30th.......

Hahahahahahahaha

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As non-STHs we're not confident of getting Donny tickets so we're taking every opportunity to go the Amex - so Spurs tickets have been duly booked. Now just got to hope they can sort out some one-off travel vouchers otherwise I can see us driving round Coldean/Moulscoomb looking for somewhere to park (as there's no way we're paying the city's rip-off bus fares).

TBH if I was a STH I'd probably wait for Donny and experience a full Amex; however some want to do that and some want to build up to it by going to the ramp-ups. There's no 'right' or 'wrong' approach and I can't believe some people are being accused of not being 'real' supporters just because they want to wait.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Exactly.
But this time being charged the full whack, for a training game.
The opposition is not Barca. Just an over-hyped selling club who win a league cup every decade or so.

Went to last Sat's game at £10, which was my opening look.

Doncaster will be the real thing. Not the crafty money-making exercise vs alsorans.
Exactly how I viewed it. The SSC final may have been development squad versus Eastbourne but it was a competitive fixture and still gave me a good chance to have a proper look round the place. And it didn't cost me the £45 (for me + daughter) to go either.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Exactly how I viewed it. The SSC final may have been development squad versus Eastbourne but it was a competitive fixture and still gave me a good chance to have a proper look round the place. And it didn't cost me the £45 (for me + daughter) to go either.

SSCF and the Doncaster game are the ones to watch. They'll be plenty of celebrating (in front of 22,500!!!) at the Doncaster game, with special guests. Get there early.

The £30 a head Spurs money making training exercise, is missable. I've been to similar events at e.g. Ajax. Won't live in the memory, with a few 1,000 cockneys singing repeatedly and very slowly "Oh when the Spurs, go marching in".

Doncaster will be the biz.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
I will be there and am thoroughly looking forward to it.

That said, near £30 plus my Daughters ticket is a bit steep for a "Friendly" as a reward to the loyalty of fans who have followed from Goldstone to "Spit spit" Gillingham to Withdean to here. Was happy to pay £10 last week to see the Might OGH write himself into more history.
Will probably drink at pub over road if poss cause £3.80 a pint is also steep and whilst the Ground is fantastic I don't like the "Rip off the fans cause they are trapped" feel, as if I was at Wembley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here