Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SPURS Tkts - £37 for kids

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uncle Buck said:
and Guppy would probably appear from somewhere....

Last time he appeared was on the train from Brighton to Shoreham after Ipswich away.

I was totally pi$$ed and to say it was a shock is an understatement :eek:

Oct 5, 2003
Beachy fair point it is a rip off yet Spurs know the supply/demand situation - could always go to Sheff utd away only a fiver for kids and £ 10 Adults and you might even see BHA sneak a draw whereas Spurs away i reckon we be lucky to get away with a 5-0 thrashing!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does he still get half fare at the cinema?

Without doubt he is the most unpleasant person I have ever met.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Ernest said:
Well there f***ing well should be a policy where season ticket holders get priority for ALL games :angry: :angry: :angry:
Ernest you are irrational and illogical.
The tickets for the Spurs game should go to fair weather fans.
It's not as if we need season ticket holders' money is it!
Lets encourage fans to attend away games only.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
i,m pissed about paying £35 to watch palace villa in 2 weeks time.£37 for kids to go to spurs well out of order.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: SPURS Tkts - £37 for kids

Beach Hut said:
My application went the night it was announced by post.

Yorkie posted hers through club shop next morning

Correction; I was in Rotherham at a family funeral. I can confirm that you told me you had applied because you sent me a text telling me they were on sale.

As I was in Rotherham for 4 days with the inlaws I wouldn't have stood a chance of getting a ticket but for a very good mate of mine who thought about applying for me.
He wrote down my AMS details along with his own and drove to the club shop and put it through the letterbox (sending me a text to say that he had done so) Ned isn't going because he is working on the 8th Jan.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
mona said:
Ernest you are irrational and illogical.
The tickets for the Spurs game should go to fair weather fans.
It's not as if we need season ticket holders' money is it!
Lets encourage fans to attend away games only.

Why is it irrational to repay those who have invested in the club?
Are you mad?

The club would be dead without these people...or is that what you want.:shootself

Paxtonlad

Nov 13, 2003
Spurs fan here.

Just a quick point on these £37 tickets for kids.

Spurs have long operated a policy whereby half price tickets for kids and OAPs are only available in certain areas - namely the Paxton Road (or North) stand (opposite the away end) and the section of the Park Lane (or South) stand reserved for away supporters.

The extra 1000 tickets BHA received are for the West lower. There are no concessions for the West lower for Spurs fans so the same must be true for away fans for similar seats (FA rules). Nothing that Spurs or Brighton can do about it, I'm afraid.

As to the price, £37 is about average for Spurs. The cheapest adult tickets are £25 (even then, only for some games and in certain, small areas of the ground) and the most expensive season tickets in the West stand upper tier work out at over £60 a game!

Incidentally, I read in other threads that BHA claim that they were offered 7000 tickets for this game. That seems unlikely and I think there has been a misunderstanding somewhere. I think it more likely that, in trying to convey the difficulty Spurs had in allocating more than 4500 tickets to away fans, someone might have said that the only other option would be to give BHA 7000 tickets. But I don't think that Spurs would seriously have considered that option as it would have meant very few tickets left for Spurs fans who are not season ticket holders.

Since there are 37,000 Spurs members (next level down from the 23,000 season ticket holders) and many more non members who buy tickets occasionally, allocating 7000 to BHA when 5400 was their entitlement would have left a lot of very angry Spurs fans without tickets!

Finally, I was interested about your discussion about allocation for away tickets. Personally, I hate the first come, first serve lottery. THFC now operates a loyalty scheme, with points allocated for games attended (home and away). Therefore season ticket holders who also go to most away games will never find themselves missing out on away matches where there is high demand.

Personally, I think that's how it should be.

Anyway, happy Christmas and new year to you all - but not too happy on 8th Jan, okay?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
£60 for year on year mediocrity. No wonder you get through so many mangers i wouldn't be happy paying that for a side that is afraid to win anything.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
£60 for year on year mediocrity. No wonder you get through so many mangers i wouldn't be happy paying that for a side that is afraid to win anything.

You are Victor Meldrew aren't you!:wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well mine finally arrived - one day despatch from BHAFC ticket office after it's long journey there.

Like the Murphys I'm not bitter as I'm going :p

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do Brighton really give a sh.t about supporters to quote my sons who go to most away games and applied on the day after the draw (Monday) and havent yet received one NO THEY DO NOT. We are just mugs who keep the club going as has been said many times Directors , players managers come and go the only ones who stay are the fans, buit even that wears off eventually.

Incidentally I received mine within a few of days of applying so I have no complaint.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am disappointed with the outcome of the Spurs tickets and feel I deserved better.

Demand far outstrips supply however this will change when Falmer is built.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
BensGrandad said:
Do Brighton really give a sh.t about supporters to quote my sons who go to most away games and applied on the day after the draw (Monday) and havent yet received one NO THEY DO NOT. We are just mugs who keep the club going as has been said many times Directors , players managers come and go the only ones who stay are the fans, buit even that wears off eventually.

Incidentally I received mine within a few of days of applying so I have no complaint.

:drink: or would you prefer bitter?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beach Hut said:
I am disappointed with the outcome of the Spurs tickets and feel I deserved better.

Demand far outstrips supply however this will change when Falmer is built.

Why we are playing away how will Falmer affect the ticket allocation or am I being thick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here