Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spurs at the amex 30th july

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Desperately disappointed as I was expecting to see the Uruguay World Cup winning team of 1930.

Or perhaps Brasil 1970 with samba girls.

What is going wrong with the Albion? Spurs? When did they last win the double?

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
Heard it from a first team player it's defo spurs.
Desperately disappointed as I was expecting to see the Uruguay World Cup winning team of 1930.

Or perhaps Brasil 1970 with samba girls.

What is going wrong with the Albion? Spurs? When did they last win the double?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Did you not read my response earlier? It's not about the wonderful players spurs have, BTW, what exactly have they won in the years since we left the goldstone?, its all about us moving to a new stadium which we have waited for for years and opening it with a fixture that means something to the club and the fans. Spurs means f*** all and has no significance. Poor choice

so who exactly would be of significance? Chelsea, Arsenal or ManU, your acceptable premier league teams? maybe they are busy. how about Villa, community shield connection. Palace, Doncaster? we'll play them in the following weeks. Southampton, same. you expected and Italian or Spanish club? what significance do they have?

As you say, its not about their players, its about about us and our new stadium. but the best team possible with the best players possible will improve the occassion. having only gone through the top 5-6 clubs in the country to get an acceptance, i consider that pretty good.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I will also be in Amsterdam watching Sussex, glad I'm not going to be missing a top team at The Amex.

Sep 1, 2010
I think some people on here are suffering from spoilt kid syndrome. Ironically, i bet half the people moaning about the Spurs fixture end up going. Someone here mentioned Plymouth getting Barcelona last year and Leicester getting Real Madrid this year, would be interesting to see how many first teamers turned up or will turn up for that one, hardly any i reckon. At least Spurs are likely to put out a half decent side against us

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
top opposition, better than i expected. i'll be there.

its funny, a few years ago people wet themselves over getting Spurs in the FA a few years back. now, despite them having just been in Europe, with half dozen top players (Bale, Modric, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Pienaar, Pavlyuchenko) and possibly a future England captian (Dawson), they are not good enough for us? get a grip on reality, even if they send the B team it will be the best players we've seen in a friendly for a long time.

I think you're doing a disservice there to Aberdeen...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Leaving aside the "Oh God / Oh good it's Spurs!" debate - what are the ticketing arrangements going to be? Will all areas be open or is this going to be one of the limited capacity ramp-up events?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Leaving aside the "Oh God / Oh good it's Spurs!" debate - what are the ticketing arrangements going to be? Will all areas be open or is this going to be one of the limited capacity ramp-up events?

It's slated as a ramp up, I recall 17,500 being the capacity at the presentation I attended.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
After the Brighton vs Aberdeen fixture I am sure the police are well CHUFFED with this.

Get ready for a load of North Londoners to descend on the city for the weekend.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Seriously how can ANYONE be disappointed with a team from this years champions league? Ungrateful bastards.

Spurs are FULL of international players. What the HELL did you expect!? Barcelona? Madrid?

To get a TOP prem team to come to the Amex is excellent. It will be competitive and we will actually TOUCH the ball compared to if Arsenal came down.

They have the player of the year, England strikers, England wingers and defenders, the flair of Van Der Vaart, the hilarity of Gomes, the trickery of Modric and probably Englands next manager at the helm.

Get a reality check.
Its because the first game should be about the fans so a diffrent kind of opponent was required:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Did you not read my response earlier? It's not about the wonderful players spurs have, BTW, what exactly have they won in the years since we left the goldstone?, its all about us moving to a new stadium which we have waited for for years and opening it with a fixture that means something to the club and the fans. Spurs means f*** all and has no significance. Poor choice
Totally agree as many on here are not registering the POINT!
Our fans should be turning upto a game that means something to the fans as a whole,so now we have fans talking about the spurs superstars:wrong:

Christ some people just don't get it:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here