Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spurs at the amex 30th july

seansullivan75

May 8, 2011
Unbelieveable attitude some of us have got!! Never bloody happy some of you -- get a life! Top premiership team, new stadium, new kit, pots of cash, premiership looming --- get on the happy bus with everyone else -- you're sounding like Man Utd fans who were born in London!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
In f***ing Malia :angry: (Rather be in Malia, mind)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wouldn't have thought that prices would be higher than a league game.

I thought these would be around the same price for a league game anyway if you have to buy a matchday general sale ticket

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I expect its the young uns who are happy with this fixture, surely we could of had some thing that meant a bit more too the club.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Modric would have moved on by then.

I remember an idenditical friendly in about August 1994 at the Goldstone.

Man of the Match was a 19 year old unknown Sol Campbell.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
top opposition, better than i expected. i'll be there.

its funny, a few years ago people wet themselves over getting Spurs in the FA a few years back. now, despite them having just been in Europe, with half dozen top players (Bale, Modric, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Pienaar, Pavlyuchenko) and possibly a future England captian (Dawson), they are not good enough for us? get a grip on reality, even if they send the B team it will be the best players we've seen in a friendly for a long time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought these would be around the same price for a league game anyway if you have to buy a matchday general sale ticket

You could be right, I don't know. However, I would have thought £30 for a friendly very steep. If it was down to me, it would be £20 tops. Especially if it is a ramp up event.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Absolutely astonished at some of the comments on here! Delighted it's Spurs but didn't really give a shit who it was as it's the FIRST proper game at our NEW HOME. Whingers please stay at home and play with some razor blades.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
top opposition, better than i expected. i'll be there.

its funny, a few years ago people wet themselves over getting Spurs in the FA a few years back. now, despite them having just been in Europe, with half dozen top players (Bale, Modric, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Pienaar, Pavlyuchenko) and possibly a future England captian (Dawson), they are not good enough for us? get a grip on reality, even if they send the B team it will be the best players we've seen in a friendly for a long time.

Did you not read my response earlier? It's not about the wonderful players spurs have, BTW, what exactly have they won in the years since we left the goldstone?, its all about us moving to a new stadium which we have waited for for years and opening it with a fixture that means something to the club and the fans. Spurs means f*** all and has no significance. Poor choice

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Happy with Spurs although I will be on holiday!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
f***ing moaners, never happy with your lot are you?!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Spurs are FULL of international players. What the HELL did you expect!? Barcelona? Madrid?
Plymouth got Barcelona last year and Leicester have got Real this summer - not expecting those but wanted to put that out
was expecting a Spanish side , or at least not a side we had played very recently

yes of course I will be going mind.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Judging by some of these ridiculous comments, I think some were expecting a world all star 11: Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Kaka. Get Pele and Maradona to play for old times sake.
Spurs will be a great game, providing they actually play their first team. Looking forward to it.

There will be plenty of opportunities for STHs to not bother (or be late putting in their applications for tickets).

Just as well ... because, as the last of the ramp up events, there won't be enough tickets available for every STH. Hopefully, it will also be a good test of how the on-line ticketing system can cope with big numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here