Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spurs at the amex 30th july

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We do seem to be getting rather full of ourselves now. Even a team that has been in the top 5 in the Premiership for the past three years isn't good enough for some. Personally I'm really looking forward to it.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We do seem to be getting rather full of ourselves now. Even a team that has been in the top 5 in the Premiership for the past three years isn't good enough for some. Personally I'm really looking forward to it.

Me too mate, we are the champions of the third tier and have got a team who played in the champions league this season. Happy enough with that tbh

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
How can people call this a disappointment?

Christ on a bike...

because it's BORING

I wouldn' give a shit if it was Man u or Arsenal, its still boring. friendlies are boring.

Someone like Donny or Palace might be vaguely interesting

or a world XI captained by Zidane might be worth going along for

but a regular premiership side....yawn!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seriously how can ANYONE be disappointed with a team from this years champions league? Ungrateful bastards.

Spurs are FULL of international players. What the HELL did you expect!? Barcelona? Madrid?

To get a TOP prem team to come to the Amex is excellent. It will be competitive and we will actually TOUCH the ball compared to if Arsenal came down.

They have the player of the year, England strikers, England wingers and defenders, the flair of Van Der Vaart, the hilarity of Gomes, the trickery of Modric and probably Englands next manager at the helm.

Get a reality check.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I think because spurs haven't won anything of late & fact we played them in cup a few seasons ago is why I feel a bit disappointed. But given football today & all the really big clubs would be overseas in Asia or America I think the club should be commended for getting a top 5 side down here. But then Harry was probably more easily persuaded than some others I guess!! Would have liked to see fulham perhaps given bz connection if Chelsea arsenal lpool or utd couldn't make it. Or rangers or Celtic but then they're also global clubs likely overseas. Not bad but as others have said I'm not wildly enthused either.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Seriously how can ANYONE be disappointed with a team from this years champions league? Ungrateful bastards.

Spurs are FULL of international players. What the HELL did you expect!? Barcelona? Madrid?

To get a TOP prem team to come to the Amex is excellent. It will be competitive and we will actually TOUCH the ball compared to if Arsenal came down.

They have the player of the year, England strikers, England wingers and defenders, the flair of Van Der Vaart, the hilarity of Gomes, the trickery of Modric and probably Englands next manager at the helm.

Get a reality check.

Exactly. And not forgetting PFA player of the year, Gareth Bale.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Amazing the negativity with this fixture.

Bale, VDV, Defoe,Modric,Lennon etc etc etc oh how dissapointing...you mugs.

Im well looking forward to this.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It will be a big game for Spurs!! Next best thing for them seeing they have no Champions league next year!

How many of you are gonna call me a JCL I wonder?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Get a reality check.

Absolutely.
Brighton, let's be honest, are a small-time outfit from the provinces that have just won promotion from Division 3. That is hardly Big Time by any measure. Today was our 'victory parade' and just shy of 5'000 people turned up. So quite why people are demanding that the very top teams in the UK or Europe should grace the opening of a 22'500 seater stadium is bit bemusing. At present, we're so far down the football foodchain compared to Tottenham, we barely register.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here