Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Lee Westwood

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Amy Williams

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
also no mention to Red Bull ( Ok they are Austrian financed) but they are a british team ( milton Keynes) and have Chritian Horner as the chief of the team and a British mechanics and engineers

They recognise themselves as an Austrian team who are based in the UK, which is a load of shit tbh. Remember couple years back when they complained that the British anthem was played when they won instead of the Austrian.

It gets shitter and shitter every year, miss the days when it was Sports Review of the Year, where you could relive the years sport good or bad, instead its just bland interviews.

All the potential winners were pretty bland this year, Ennis is hawt tho.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anybody found McCoy's personality yet ?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
No mention of any Motorcyle racing, Espically Hutchy at the Isle of Man TT were no one could touch him

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How did McCoy win that by so much? Was there some sort of online campaign for him? Also, the voting volume looks incredibly low.

EVERY slip printed in Ladbrokes for the last week has featured the promotional message at the bottom, telling people to vote for McCoy. I think I'm right in saying it included the telephone number you needed to call. They've been massively promoting him all week, with messages on screens and the (idiots) in the Ladbrokes Live commentary constantly talking about him. The tagline, "He's no doubt won for you, now win it for him" has been replayed far too many times aswell. I'd imagine the other bookies were similarly backing him.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How did McCoy win that by so much? Was there some sort of online campaign for him? Also, the voting volume looks incredibly low.

Wasn't there a suggestion last year that Giggs winning was part of some sort of far east betting scam?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I voted for ENNIS because I thought it was 'Sports Personality of the Year on whose face you would most like to unload'

Phil Taylor got my second face, errr. vote.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just been reading in the paper that the people behind racing on TV have also been backing him. So in a very low vote, the Sports "Personality" of the Year has been decided by a lobby group. Not unheard of but devalues what has become an over-blown and uninteresting event. As a kid it used to be a highlight of the sporting year - now it's a joke.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
self-styled baddest man on the planet

That is/was what Mike Tyson called himself, not Haye.

How did Mrs Doubtfire get Coach of the Year last night?

He captained the team, but he surely didn't actually COACH them in any real sense. Either Holloway or Flower would have been much more deserving of that one IMO.

How did you vote for Haye (or anyone) - voting didn't open until 7pm tonight...

In the poll at the top of the page....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So in a very low vote, the Sports "Personality" of the Year has been decided by a lobby group. Not unheard of but devalues what has become an over-blown and uninteresting event. As a kid it used to be a highlight of the sporting year - now it's a joke.

Yeah, but that's when BBC had lots of sport on telly.

Staggeringly low votes for Swann and Haye. Swann has got a good Twitter following so I thought he'd get some votes on the back of that - although I can't really see why he was on the shortlist. But Haye shouldn't have been anywhere near there, his vote reflects what a ridiculous choice that was.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As the title says it weas Sports PERONALITY of the year not achievement and David Haye has sold his sport well and is a personality who has appearred as large as life on TV a lot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I suppose McCoy won for the simple reason that there was no real Personality who really excelled in sport this year. That meant voting was diluted and opened the door for the racing industry to block vote in its man.

It would be interesting to do a "Vote within a Vote " for who would win Personality of the year among the winners from 2000 -2010, I would think that McCoy would be lucky to get 8th place against this lot ?

2000 Steve Redgrave
2001 David Beckham
2002 Paula Radcliffe
2003 Jonny Wilkinson
2004 Kelly Holmes
2005 Andrew Flintoff
2006 Zara Phillips
2007 Joe Calzaghe
2008 Chris Hoy
2009 Ryan Giggs
2010 Tony McCoy

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As the title says it weas Sports PERONALITY of the year not achievement and David Haye has sold his sport well and is a personality who has appearred as large as life on TV a lot.

Yes, that's a fair enough comment but how do you explain the less-than-charismatic winner (and various winners in the past). No-one can doubt his achievement ... but personality?

It does seem like a strange hybrid award: if it genuinely is for Sports Personality - then make that the award. If it's a reflection of performance and achievement, then make that the award but at the moment it's both or neither.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very strange winner especially by such a huge %. Personally feel Jessica Ennis deserved it but hey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here