Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spineless no-marks leaving anonymous negative 'Reputation' comments

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
What a load of bollocks, if you have got anything positive or negative to say, you should say it directly or inbox that person. Mods, this rep thingy is bollocks. Please dont neg rep me :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can you tell me who posted the bit about "sadly I missed out" then please? Very pretty please with a cherry on top! :lol:

As I have said many times, I personally don't like this rep thing, and particularly the 'anonymous' version we have at present.

I don't, and I doubt any mod does, want to get involved in moderating rep comments. Life is too short.

I will say that the same person is responsible for these two gems... "Stunning bit of crumpet." and "very attractive lady. I missed out sadly".

I will leave it to them to PM if they wish to reveal their identity.

If you, or anyone else, are really concerned about rep comments, please report them to the mods by reporting your post in thread concerned.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
As I have said many times, I personally don't like this rep thing, and particularly the 'anonymous' version we have at present.

I don't, and I doubt any mod does, want to get involved in moderating rep comments. Life is too short.

I will say that the same person is responsible for these two gems... "Stunning bit of crumpet." and "very attractive lady. I missed out sadly".

I will leave it to them to PM if they wish to reveal their identity.

If you, or anyone else, are really concerned about rep comments, please report them to the mods by reporting your post in thread concerned.

Mr Serious!I expected that answer anyhow - albeit in a more joke fashion. Never ze mind anyhow...Thanks :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I only use it to positively rep people. Might be worth binning it though.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I don't really know how this rep thing works. I post from my I pod because the p.c is so slow, and can't see the rep stuff. I viewed n.s.c via safari and saw I had one green bar, god knows what that means. And it's probably for the best I can't read any comments about me.
I'm very sensitive you know ;-)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The fact Megatron and the mods can see whos using it provides them with a nice little ego trip, has nothing to do with running the board(badly as usual).

some people dont like posting due to the barroom mentality, as if this is going to encourage newbies to post. Oh well, dont want to whine really. At least those who are seriously butthurt by it can console themselves with the knowledge that, Palace are shit, we are brilliant and NSC figures in the grand scheme of things as much as a boil on the arse of a deranged baboon.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The fact Megatron and the mods can see whos using it provides them with a nice little ego trip, has nothing to do with running the board(badly as usual).

some people dont like posting due to the barroom mentality, as if this is going to encourage newbies to post. Oh well, dont want to whine really. At least those who are seriously butthurt by it can console themselves with the knowledge that, Palace are shit, we are brilliant and NSC figures in the grand scheme of things as much as a boil on the arse of a deranged baboon.

I can assure you it is no 'ego trip' wading through some of the dross that gets inflicted on NSC on a regular basis.

What makes you say 'badly as usual' and what would you change?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
simple.

If you showed who left comments it would..

1. Save you wading through all the dross like Stasi officers at your listening posts, it becomes to an exstent self regulating
2 Stop some people having anonymous pops at others, its rather gutless.
3. Allows third parties to see if its just mates bigging each other up.

Transparency leads to more accountability.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
simple.

If you showed who left comments it would..

1. Save you wading through all the dross like Stasi officers at your listening posts, it becomes to an exstent self regulating
2 Stop some people having anonymous pops at others, its rather gutless.
3. Allows third parties to see if its just mates bigging each other up.

Transparency leads to more accountability.

If you read my post you would see that I entirely agree with you. Perhaps you should direct your comments at the administrators, not us ever so humble mods?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If you read my post you would see that I entirely agree with you. Perhaps you should direct your comments at the administrators, not us ever so humble mods?

I think thats what this thread and half a dozen others are trying to do. Glad we agree, i'll refrain from smiting you today.:)

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Everyones taking it far too seriously, I've had tremendous fun venting 15 years of pent up aggression on posters that have annoyed me and reading some of the comments on their profiles.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Either make comment makers common knowledge or remove the whole thing. The veil of anonymity needs to be removed, then it might be worth doing because there would be less abuse. I would be interested to know the source of some of my pathetic reputation comments, though it is probably possible to guess with some degree of accuracy.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Im finding it amusing how Das Reich, HBB et al are on positive reputation. Theres either something sinister going on, or certain people have changed thier ways :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here