Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Spectacular' signing?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Brendon Rodgers will want to look at him first as he fits the pass and move style he wants to play. If by some miracle it was to happen then it would be at the end of the transfer window after Rodgers has had a chance to look at him in training and pre season matches before making a decision.

I'm sure you're right there. I'm not certain I'd class it as a miracle though. Maybe a 6 month loan would be more realistic than a season long one. That'd give BR a chance to see how he gets on and get his fitness back at the same time.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Joe Cole would be amazing, and there's no reason why it couldn't happen, he was at Lille last year and we must be almost as attractive a proposition

I'm sorry.

Are you talking about Lille?

Lille who are in the champions league?
Lille who were french CHAMPIONS?
Lille who had Eden Hazard, Debuchy, Tulio de Melo, Bonnart, Marvin Martin, and Mavuba?

That Lille?
You think we are as attractive as THAT Lille?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
After the Andy Carroll debacle this morning this site managed almost 6 hours before another ridiculous name was posted.

That has to be a record surely?

I would certainly imagine so. Don't see that record being broken until September, either.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's not going to be former Albion triallist Manny Ledesma who has just signed a three year deal at Middlesborough

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I'm sorry.

Lille who had Eden Hazard, Debuchy, Tulio de Melo, Bonnart, Marvin Martin, and Mavuba?

That Lille?

Well perhaps we are a lil bit like them, I wish.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm sorry.

That Lille?

Exactly what I was thinking. A reality check is urgently required for some people.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
burt-reynolds-black-white-8x10-photo-autographed_a37acf128ffe1b8c9f98ce04eedbc903.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not going to be former Albion triallist Manny Ledesma who has just signed a three year deal at Middlesborough

rather ironic that we had him on trial and said no so he went to Walsall and did well so much so that Middlebro have signed him. I would think that it indicates that Gus has a certain type and standard of player in mind and he didn't fit that criteria.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm sorry.

That Lille?

Yes, that Lille. Isn't the Championship the 5th biggest league in Europe? Yes Lille are in the Champions League, but it's a shit league and to a Londoner with a wife and a couple of kids in this country we have to be almost as attractive an option these days.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So has anyone actually HEARD anything with any legs?

All these people who are apparently ITK and not one person on here has mentioned a name they've heard from a source :lol: Like when Bridge / Bruno / Vicente signed, nobody knows anything do they?!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I saw RVP at Shoreham Airport earlier.

Is it a sign?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brendan Rodgers worked with Cole at Chelsea so he already knows what he is about.

Anyone seriously thinking we've got a chance of signing him is living in a dream world though. There are 15 premiership teams and plenty of big European teams who would be ahead of us in the queue IF he leaves Liverpool despite Gus' hypnotism.

Feb 12, 2012
rather ironic that we had him on trial and said no so he went to Walsall and did well so much so that Middlebro have signed him. I would think that it indicates that Gus has a certain type and standard of player in mind and he didn't fit that criteria.

Ironic? No. I think you will find that his first spell with Walsall was not that successful althought he did better in his second spell hence the interest from Middlesboro. He has a history (at QPR and in Italy) of not being consistent. I think Gus felt we had enough strength in midfield wide players, Noone, Buckley, Lua Lua, and now Vicente, to think that he did not provide enough to make a difference. So... no irony there then. And yes, Gus has a standard of player in mind.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can we finally put the Owen rumour to bed now?

"@themichaelowen: I see the Twitter rumour mill is at it again! As I've previously said, my next club will either be abroad or in The Premier League."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here