Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So the next logical step would be to say you have to pay £x towards your rail ticket or £x to the B&H bus journey ?

How much is the booking fee ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

Ok, since my rant earlier I'm now convinced that the club are legally on very shaky ground on the basis that in March, we received the season ticket renewal email which stated...

...we have increased the travel subsidy element of the season ticket prices from £30 to £50 for adults, and from £15 to £25 for concessions, making it still less than £2 for the majority of adult fans to get to and from the Amex for each of our matches. This increase helps to reduce the club's costs to support the stadium travel plan.

By adding a FURTHER levy to travel costs at this stage, contradicts the email sent out in March by saying that it will cost LESS than£2 and therefore, is very misleading and unacceptable to NOW inform supporters, 4 months after the proposal to existing season ticket holders that they will be expected to pay FURTHER travel costs.

If a levy has been added to a season ticket, then the club may now be obliged to offer a refund of the travel subsidy to one not wishing to use public transport.

Now, this, as I alluded to earlier and i believe creates a conflict with the conditions of planning permission for the stadium.

Forget about the clubs finances for a minute, what has happened here has opened a can of worms and there are also other issues here, such as misleading information, advertising and also a lack of transparency. In fact if we were talking about a financial product being sold, the provider would be facing accusations of mis-selling.

It remains to be seen why club allowed B&H Buses to break this news on their website first and also why are we just 3 weeks before the first home league game and only finding this out now. However, it does not bode well for the relationship between the club and those very people who it needs to get to games to spend money to avoid falling foul of Financial Fair Play.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No it doesn't. A "financial supporter contribution" would mean nothing else but an extra cash payment. The term "supporter contribution" could mean ANY form of contribution not just financial. It is quite an ambiguous statement. Like someone saying "The temperature reached 30 today". Which means nothing.
I hate to be pedantic but you can't assume it is more cash from that statement, though it will most likely turn out to be that.

What other type of contribution could a supporter provide then ? Packet of Rolos ? A football ?

No it doesn't. A "financial supporter contribution" would mean nothing else but an extra cash payment. The term "supporter contribution" could mean ANY form of contribution not just financial. It is quite an ambiguous statement. Like someone saying "The temperature reached 30 today". Which means nothing.
I hate to be pedantic but you can't assume it is more cash from that statement, though it will most likely turn out to be that.
Maybe they'll ask the Hangleton Bus users to put on a frock and entertain the away fans at half time?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The bus company certainly won't see any reimbursement from the council for any free travel given to older people and disabled bus pass holders. This is no different from last year, incidentally.

The OAP pass can be used on scheduled buses like the 25 & 29.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ok, since my rant earlier I'm now convinced that the club are legally on very shaky ground on the basis that in March, we received the season ticket renewal email which stated...

...we have increased the travel subsidy element of the season ticket prices from £30 to £50 for adults, and from £15 to £25 for concessions, making it still less than £2 for the majority of adult fans to get to and from the Amex for each of our matches. This increase helps to reduce the club's costs to support the stadium travel plan.

By adding a FURTHER levy to travel costs at this stage, contradicts the email sent out in March by saying that it will cost LESS than£2 and therefore, is very misleading and unacceptable to NOW inform supporters, 4 months after the proposal to existing season ticket holders that they will be expected to pay FURTHER travel costs.

If a levy has been added to a season ticket, then the club may now be obliged to offer a refund of the travel subsidy to one not wishing to use public transport.

Now, this, as I alluded to earlier and i believe creates a conflict with the conditions of planning permission for the stadium.

Forget about the clubs finances for a minute, what has happened here has opened a can of worms and there are also other issues here, such as misleading information, advertising and also a lack of transparency. In fact if we were talking about a financial product being sold, the provider would be faces calls of mis-selling.

It remains to be seen why club allowed B&H Buses to break this news on their website first and also why are we just 3 weeks before the first home league game and only finding this out now. However, it does not bode well for the relationship between the club and those very people who it needs to get to games to spend money to avoid falling foul of Financial Fair Play.

That is the crux of the matter and legally binding, they may have to refund the travel tax now

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
What other type of contribution could a supporter provide then ? Packet of Rolos ? A football ?

No. I reckon it'll be a human sacrifice. One supporter from each of the special buses gets randomly selected to be immolated in a Wicker Man style ritual at half time.

In other words a genuine "Supporter Contribution". With real supporters.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

It could turn out that Paul Barber will tell us not to worry about the "supporter contribution" as this is all taken care of from the levy already being applied to give the impression he has saved us all a bit of cash by not paying a top up fare on the Special Buses.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That is the crux of the matter and legally binding, they may have to refund the travel tax now

Now you've gone and done it Ernest ........ calling Beach Hut.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No. I reckon it'll be a human sacrifice. One supporter from each of the special buses gets randomly selected to be immolated in a Wicker Man style ritual at half time.

Are they stripped to the waist and then forced into wearing a Palace shirt before being barbercued ???

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The club maintained they followed all the correct legal procedures in the matter of GP's removal from office, but when it comes to the supporters, who pay for all of it, we are being drip-fed grains of truth and innuendo. It is a proper poor show to be sure :ohmy:

The ARS?

That's asking a lot of Ernest. I was content with just hinting that he might be prepared to wear a frock.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374092565.534364.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here