Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternate Provider
Alternative. Alternate means every other one.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What a shambles, think the pikey caravans are being converted as we speak but they are still awaiting the delivery on new wheels

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
It all appears to make sense from where I'm looking. The Albion contract-out for a fee the running of the special buses to B&H Buses and then B&H Buses subcontract-out much of it and take their cut for the pleasure. If the club can do a deal direct with those operators that were previously B&H Buses subcontractors and it saves then club money then all is well surely. Cut out the middle man is a logical money-saving option especially if the middle man offered no substantial benefit to the service.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ah yes, I was trying to remember Compass. They are the ones that run to mid sussex and borders yes?

Based in Durrington near Worthing they run bus and coach services (some of the routes are subsidised by local council authorities) , school buses and free supermarket buses.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just had it confirmed by Paul Barber. The special buses WILL run - and will be heavily subsidised by the club - but will involve a supporter contribution.

He said the new service will be better and that, once finalised, details will be communicated to supporters on the club's website.

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just had it confirmed by Paul Barber. The special buses WILL run - and will be heavily subsidised by the club - but will involve a supporter contribution.

He said the new service will be better and that, once finalised, details will be communicated to supporters on the club's website.

Fans are already contributing though - unless he means through that, or a £2 return ticket - something like that.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
compass travel used to do a lt of the buses on matchday, my money's on them.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
The fact is that because of the lack of parking on match days public transport links are absolutely vital, especially we are charged a supplement on our season tickets for it.
If these services aren't replaced the club will have some explaining to do.
Personally as a someone who hates queuing I'm one of those miserable ppl who leave a few mins early so I can get a train without a long wait, I don't like doing that so I was hoping that the transport situation would actually improve rather than deteriorate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fans are already contributing though - unless he means through that, or a £2 return ticket - something like that.

It could mean that the supporter contribution is already accounted for by the price rise in season tickets and matchday tickets and there will be further increases in the future to reduce the subsidy which the club is shelling out.

Am I expected to make a "supporter contribution" to the round of applause that will no doubt ripple outwards from some quarters on NSC?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Re: Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Providers

Breach of contract by the club?

I have not slagged Barber once since he joined us, I may have to review that policy.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Shirley that HAS to mean that, while the travel is subsidised 'heavily' by the club, the 'supporter contribution' will come out of the extra we have paid by way of season ticket price rises ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Shirley that HAS to mean that, while the travel is subsidised 'heavily' by the club, the 'supporter contribution' will come out of the extra we have paid by way of season ticket price rises ???

That is how I read it too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Read it again, it covers the cost of a bus/train journey to the ground and return unless they are changing the words again

Which begs the question, is there train travel for the Newport game? Does anybody know what is actually going on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here