Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And I wonder if people are going to have to pay to catch the buses who is going to collect it ? It is a MASSIVE MELEE getting on without everyone stopping to pay and arguing about it

Bring back travel vouchers!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Supporter contributions

de_cafe_racer_pedal_school_bus.gif

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Before someone invented sun cream, was skin cancer more prevalent amongst humans than it is now?

I've been wondering that for a couple of hours. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Wouldn't evolution eventually reduce people with a high risk to skin cancer.

Interestingly, the appendix has stopped getting smaller in humans as surgery means appendicitis rarely kills any more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wouldn't evolution eventually reduce people with a high risk to skin cancer.

Interestingly, the appendix has stopped getting smaller in humans as surgery means appendicitis rarely kills any more.

It has been discovered in recent years that the appendix is in use in new born infants but then they grow out of it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we are in a bigger pile of financial shite than they are letting us know!

If they say we can now organise other busses, but will charge £10 a return trip, as I keep saying, the customers are the only people who can finance this business, therefore why would they not do this?

What needs to happen is the management need to say.." look we are in shit creek, we need money to keep this business going and TB will not finance day to day, therefore we will charge for every little thing we can". " transport costs us a fortune and we have underestimated the way we can recoup any money at all, therefore you will be charged for using it! Sorry and all that but we have no other way of raising cash"

Simples

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The removal of the existing buses is forward thinking. If we ever get another home boxing day game we will all be regular walkers to the amex so the lack of any public transport won't hamper us know n getting there

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think we are in a bigger pile of financial shite than they are letting us know!

If they say we can now organise other busses, but will charge £10 a return trip, as I keep saying, the customers are the only people who can finance this business, therefore why would they not do this?

What needs to happen is the management need to say.." look we are in shit creek, we need money to keep this business going and TB will not finance day to day, therefore we will charge for every little thing we can". " transport costs us a fortune and we have underestimated the way we can recoup any money at all, therefore you will be charged for using it! Sorry and all that but we have no other way of raising cash"

Simples

A day saver only costs £3.70 on the bus and cheaper on a phone app.
You sound like those Palace fans who are trying to say we're going bankrupt.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The sickening part of this whole debate is that we are probably talking about charging Joe Public an extra couple of quid here and there to eat into out losses. This from a company that is paying it's players between £10,000 and £20,000 a f**king WEEK!

Imagine how great football would be if these lads 'only' earned say £3000 a week? Cheaper ST's, cheaper shirts, cheaper food etc.

.. and relax.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Me thinks this is heading towards the transport subsidy being scrapped and the stuff that can't be passed on (traffic stewards for example), being incorporated into the ticket price.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
You'll all need to get the new Lobster Card and jump on the revamped 4 section bendy buses that are no longer needed in the capital. The cost of the new Lobster Card will be announced as £50, which has already been collected, so in effect will be free.
You will then need to top up your Lobster Card(web fee £2), and swipe your card on entry to the bendy. Each journey will be £2 plus £1.50 swiping fee.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
This is copied & pasted from the Club Charter.

A Travel Levy of £50 per season, per adult, for 23 league games will be applied to all season
ticket holders; travel for cup games may also be included in the match ticket price.
The concession price is £25 for under-18s and over-65s. There will also be a levy added to
2013/2014 matchday ticket prices for both home and away fans.
The benefit to all ticket holders will be inclusive, subsidised bus or train travel within the
dedicated zone, subsidised coach travel across all the various coach operators or use of the
Club's park & ride scheme.

The club has a history of changing the charter to suit its needs, for example when they changed it to reflect the increase of replacement season tickets from 10 to 25 quid, and the issue of paper tickets from 3 to 10 quid, only AFTER they were informed that this was contrary to the charter.

The clubs charter was altered today to suit the no transport to the Newport game, with no discussion, and more worrying nothing to show it was altered.

It's not worth the paper it is written on.

Articles of the Club anyone?

Point proven.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The sickening part of this whole debate is that we are probably talking about charging Joe Public an extra couple of quid here and there to eat into out losses. This from a company that is paying it's players between £10,000 and £20,000 a f**king WEEK!

Imagine how great football would be if these lads 'only' earned say £3000 a week? Cheaper ST's, cheaper shirts, cheaper food etc.

.. and relax.

THIS - Been saying for ages on here because of players ridiculous wages even with 30k crowds the club would make losses unless tickets, food drink and and all the other things we buy are priced to the point where some people can't afford to go!
Even then we would need to be in the prem or on a cup run!

The only clubs that make money are the ones with a strict wages structure and sell players for profit whilst still having some playing success. Having a brand new stadium might have some matchday savings but the rest of the time it costs more to run day to day and players wages must be the root problem. People here are moaning about having to pay £2 more to get to the game but also expect us to sign a spanish flair genius next week on £15k a week which is the same cost as the bus fare every two weeks if we had a 30k gate every fortnight.

Players wages need to come down

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

.. and relax.

In a nutshell.
It won't be long before I am priced out of going to matches at all. I'm already in the cheap seats in the north, on a concessionary rate, cutting down on away games, not sponsoring a player & generally cutting back.
Players wages keep going up.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

Simples

You start with 'I think we're in the shit' then reel off the rest like its fact!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does seem yet another negative from the club...

Also, pls spare a thought for those of us who get the coach to the Amex and are now charged £60 extra over the past 2 seasons for... nothing!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Albion fans who live in toliets like Hassocks, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath get their (as much as £6) train fare for nish - hopefully me and the club won't have to subsidize this anymore. I'm sure there is some shite non league team they could go and watch instead if they are that miffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here