Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

Albion fans who live in toliets like Hassocks, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath get their (as much as £6) train fare for nish - hopefully me and the club won't have to subsidize this anymore. I'm sure there is some shite non league team they could go and watch instead if they are that miffed.

How do we get there for nothing? I'm sure I paid 50 quid for something?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a joke Barber is turning out to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The condition and lack of compression in the engines of some of the buses provided over the last couple of years, leads me to believe that the supporter contribution will be to get out and push occasionally.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its all very well trying to blame Paul Barber but he was brought in by TB to sort this out and make the Amex either break even or perhaps a profit. I can't see TB bringing him in to make these tough measures which might even result in lower crowds unless they really had to be done so I suspect things must be worse than most people think. We wouldn't be making the cutbacks we are just to get the £8M loss down, these are measures to reduce running costs permanently. Even getting to the prem and getting big TV money won't turn a profit necessarily!

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Calm down, dears.
We'll have to wait to hear what the club announces, but the B&H Buses website still says that regular buses and trains are included on match tickets (except the friendlies and the Newport cup game). So the only possible extra "contribution" would be on the special buses. And taking the example of the poster who takes less than half an hour on the special bus but an hour and a half on the regular service, surely people in that situation wouldn't begrudge having the option to pay a bit more to have the special service, if the service would otherwise be scrapped?
As for those that expect travel to be included in a £12 (sorry: £13 or £13.50) ticket price - I think that's an unrealistic expectation. Next you'll be asking for free bus travel to the DS matches that STHs get free entry to.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

Calm down, dears.
We'll have to wait to hear what the club announces, but the B&H Buses website still says that regular buses and trains are included on match tickets (except the friendlies and the Newport cup game). So the only possible extra "contribution" would be on the special buses. And taking the example of the poster who takes less than half an hour on the special bus but an hour and a half on the regular service, surely people in that situation wouldn't begrudge having the option to pay a bit more to have the special service, if the service would otherwise be scrapped?
As for those that expect travel to be included in a £12 (sorry: £13 or £13.50) ticket price - I think that's an unrealistic expectation. Next you'll be asking for free bus travel to the DS matches that STHs get free entry to.

You've missed the point..We are ALREADY having to pay £50 EXTRA for travel....you may have money to burn but most of us don't!

Secondly, we have increased the travel subsidy element of the season ticket prices from £30 to £50 for adults, and from £15 to £25 for concessions, making it still less than £2 for the majority of adult fans to get to and from the Amex for each of our matches. This increase helps to reduce the club's costs to support the stadium travel plan.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A day saver only costs £3.70 on the bus and cheaper on a phone app.
You sound like those Palace fans who are trying to say we're going bankrupt.

The ultimate insult.

How else do you explain all the changes to agreed funding of transport that seem to be slipping out under the radar.

Maybe some of us are genuinely concerned as to the financial state of the business we fought so very hard to save from the jaws of oblivion?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Has the season started already? I must have missed it. Follow that headless chicken!!!!

The ultimate insult.

How else do you explain all the changes to agreed funding of transport that seem to be slipping out under the radar.

Maybe some of us are genuinely concerned as to the financial state of the business we fought so very hard to save from the jaws of oblivion?
And some of us are genuinely concerned about how the club is managing its customer relations.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
t. I can't see TB bringing him in to make these tough measures which might even result in lower crowds unless they really had to be done so I suspect things must be worse than most people think.

I'm sure in one of his interviews before he was suspended Poyet said something along the lines of "with FFP next year this club has problems, beeg problems*"

*He actually said somthing like "wi FFP neh year thi clu hass probleh, beeg probleh"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm sure in one of his interviews before he was suspended Poyet said something along the lines of "with FFP next year this club has problems, beeg problems*"

*He actually said somthing like "wi FFP neh year thi clu hass probleh, beeg probleh"

Phil is a racist Phil is a racist...la la la la laaaaa la.

I am outraged and appalled!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think Mr Bloom has perhaps started opening that pile of letters from Wonga.com and has told Barber to generate as much money as possible.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
And some of us are genuinely concerned about how the club is managing its customer relations.
This is the point I cant get my head around to be honest. The club (TB) is obsessed with stopping rumours and unsubstantiated speculation, then does absolutely nothing to counter this relevant and important announcement from the bus company. I suspect he may have been too busy sunning himself in his 'cost-cutting' five star luxury in the Madrid suburbs.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Shirley that HAS to mean that, while the travel is subsidised 'heavily' by the club, the 'supporter contribution' will come out of the extra we have paid by way of season ticket price rises ???

That's how i read too.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
In a nutshell.
It won't be long before I am priced out of going to matches at all. I'm already in the cheap seats in the north, on a concessionary rate, cutting down on away games, not sponsoring a player & generally cutting back.
Players wages keep going up.
Chicksen for Bridge is a start.......what do you reckon £3k weekly wage instead of £10k?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here