Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Africa v England, 3rd Test, Cape Town

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm slightly surprised at the negativity here. I agree with Simster that we're on course for parity at the halfway stage of the test, in which case I favour England. All of the bowlers are chipping in with wickets and most of the batsmen have had starts and shouldn't feel intimidated by the Bok bowling quartet.

AND we have Swann bowling in the 2nd innings, Harris is mediocre by comparison...

Sort of agree with this: I think it depends on how much our tail wags. If we're 40-odd behind on first innings, it could be a tough ask but if we get close to parity, I think England should be favourites. We have a spinner, SA don't.

Interesting to note that the top 4 in the batting averages are all SA-born (although I don't think it's fair to bracket Prior and Strauss with Pietersen and Trott - the former two were educated here, the latter two chose England as a career move and spent time qualifying as 'English').

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Two wickets without adding a run this morning, Prior still hanging on in there whilst others do shit around him... 241/9

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
crap and crap again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two wickets without adding a run this morning, Prior still hanging on in there whilst others do shit around him... 241/9
And now Prior's FIRST ball from Morkel is edged over the head of 2nd slip. :lolol:

But second ball is glanced down leg side for four more. :clap2:

Uninteresting fact of the day: First Duck of Jimmy Anderson's test career.

First GOLDEN Duck of Jimmy's Test career. He was out for 0 in one of the Ashes Tests (forget which one).

From cricinfo;
By the time he bowled England to victory with 9 for 125 against West Indies at Chester-le-Street in May 2009, he had completed 48 Test innings without ever being dismissed for a duck. Though that particular record ended on 53, his batting still went on to provide one of the defining moments of his career, a final-day stonewall in the first Ashes Test at Cardiff, when he and Monty Panesar kept Australia at bay for the final 40 minutes of a dramatic contest. It was an escape that gave England the momentum to claim the series 2-1.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Prior looking accomplished and doing his best to protect Onions from Morkel, while LEATHERING two more fours.

26 behind...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
the_richies-600x400.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here