Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Africa v England, 3rd Test, Cape Town

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
can someone who has been watching advise me as to whether the Saffers scoring is due to:

- pitch is now beingcompletely flat,
-crap bowling, or
- great batting.

KP how are YOU feeling?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
can someone who has been watching advise me as to whether the Saffers scoring is due to:

- pitch is now beingcompletely flat,
-crap bowling, or
- great batting.

KP how are YOU feeling?

- the ball is still doing a bit but not all that much (most of the wickets that fell in the first two innings were with the new ball or due to bad shots, so it's basically a good track)

- there was some dodgy field placing. Amla scored runs with ease through third man. England didn't bowl badly but they suffered from having just four bowlers

- Smith had a scratchy start but started playing really well.

SA have a new ball in the morning but unless they take 8 wickets for about 20 runs, I can only see two results in this game. England's best chance is for Smith to bat on until mid-afternoon and hang on for four sessions.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did anyone hear ex Sussex captain, John Barclay (now pres on the MCC) on TMS during the lunch interval today. He is well worth a listen when he is on the radio. Aggers reminded him of the time Barclay came up to him during a game at Hove and asked him ever so politely if he could see his way to get himself out within the next over otherwise he would have to bring Garth Le Roux on..... his voice helps make him such a great story telling Englishman.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did anyone hear ex Sussex captain, John Barclay (now pres on the MCC) on TMS during the lunch interval today. He is well worth a listen when he is on the radio. Aggers reminded him of the time Barclay came up to him during a game at Hove and asked him ever so politely if he could see his way to get himself out within the next over otherwise he would have to bring Garth Le Roux on..... his voice helps make him such a great story telling Englishman.

So, another day off then swanning around on forum boards and guffing up on TMS... some of us had to work today or the country would be in a right mess

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So, another day off then swanning around on forum boards and guffing up on TMS... some of us had to work today or the country would be in a right mess

Fitting a kitchen old boy but they put the radio on for me. I do love TMS.
Barclays book is called 'Life beyond the Airing cupboard' by the way.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This looks easy - nothing in the pitch at all.

Perhaps a win is not entirely out of the question after all - still improbable - but there are no demons once the new ball has been seen off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here