Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

some dating advice!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
it would be an interesting experience to have a gf who actually liked football and also supported the albion..... I am sure there are lots of cons to this but cant think of any at the moment.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
What a charmer!

I am usually pretty sane, just thought (through my wine hazed eyes of last night), that NSC has a lot of varying people of different ages who could offer some advice. I usually come on to NSC to read the threads, find out anything i've missed about my team, sometimes contribute and have a laugh at some of the comments. I dont crave attention so please dont feel you need to shower me with your insightful and flirtatious as,bs and cs.

Thanks!

:D

so whats the private message count up to at the moment??

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
it would be an interesting experience to have a gf who actually liked football and also supported the albion..... I am sure there are lots of cons to this but cant think of any at the moment.

Con 1: she comes with you to every game.
Con 2: when you split up, you still see her every Saturday.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A knowledge of football, Albion as your fav team & do you drink pints?

You should have no problem in male company and maybe you should mingle a bit more after games when plenty of chaps & chapesses join for a pint/pie & some banter.

Relax, don't try too hard and the rest should sort itself.

(Oh, and WSL after the game!)

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
I decided to try internet dating earlier this year, and I think it's a very good way to get to know new people. My advice would be not to set expectations too high, meet lots of different people, as this will help to build your self-confidence, and when you are feeling relaxed and the time is right, it will happen for you.

I met a lovely lady a few months ago via a dating site, and I am really happy now, far more than I would have believed possible this time last year.

Good luck !

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I decided to try internet dating earlier this year, and I think it's a very good way to get to know new people. My advice would be not to set expectations too high, meet lots of different people, as this will help to build your self-confidence, and when you are feeling relaxed and the time is right, it will happen for you.

I met a lovely lady a few months ago via a dating site, and I am really happy now, far more than I would have believed possible this time last year.

Good luck !

That's a lovely story! I'm going to give it a go next year, nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I wouldn't go telling these freaks on here you're single and looking. This place is a rape buffet.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
OK so you are going to laugh at me now and I deserve it as been out for a few drinks with the girls but want some advice. Split up from a year ago and am in mid 30s so a bit out of practice at the whole meeting people nightmare. Think I am ready to go out occasionally and meet with someone but where do you start? Has anyone tried the whole dating at 30+ scene and what awaits me! What a bloody nightmare. Hopefully someone will be able some real advice (with perhaps some NSC banter thrown in for good measure!!!!) Dont know where to start.

Do you have children ??

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
How many PM's have you received or is it just mine you are not replying to ??? :moo:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Good luck !

With the realisation that I'm soon hitting 30 and have never even lived with a partner let alone thought about marriage I though I'd try online dating earlier this year, and this is good advice. I agree, dont set your standards or expectations high and meet as many people as you can, you might click with someone you expect it least. Or you'll end up with a funny story. And in the mean time it gives you experience/confidence with meeting people for the first time. I've been on a LOT of first dates in the last year so now completely comfortable just meeting up with anyone, unfortunately I just haven't clicked with anyone yet, but I think that's more down to me. I've been talking to someone though recently that could be me in female form, not a fan of football though but that's okay. I'm not sure how I'd feel about dating a fellow Albion fan.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
OK so you are going to laugh at me now and I deserve it as been out for a few drinks with the girls but want some advice. Split up from a year ago and am in mid 30s so a bit out of practice at the whole meeting people nightmare. Think I am ready to go out occasionally and meet with someone but where do you start? Has anyone tried the whole dating at 30+ scene and what awaits me! What a bloody nightmare. Hopefully someone will be able some real advice (with perhaps some NSC banter thrown in for good measure!!!!) Dont know where to start.

Im sure your a lovely lady so just be yourself and
remember the golden rule !!!!
DON'T talk about your ex !!!! Good Luck xxx

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
21454039.jpg

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Actually isn't today the 3 year anniversary of the sad-off between Robot Chicken and 1066 on brightongirl's profile page that I refereed :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here