Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

some dating advice!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
OK so you are going to laugh at me now and I deserve it as been out for a few drinks with the girls but want some advice. Split up from a year ago and am in mid 30s so a bit out of practice at the whole meeting people nightmare. Think I am ready to go out occasionally and meet with someone but where do you start? Has anyone tried the whole dating at 30+ scene and what awaits me! What a bloody nightmare. Hopefully someone will be able some real advice (with perhaps some NSC banter thrown in for good measure!!!!) Dont know where to start.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
15 pages and at least 2 requests for pictures before the 2nd page....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chill, relax and be yourself - love will conquer all

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
OK so you are going to laugh at me now and I deserve it as been out for a few drinks with the girls but want some advice. Split up from a year ago and am in mid 30s so a bit out of practice at the whole meeting people nightmare. Think I am ready to go out occasionally and meet with someone but where do you start? Has anyone tried the whole dating at 30+ scene and what awaits me! What a bloody nightmare. Hopefully someone will be able some real advice (with perhaps some NSC banter thrown in for good measure!!!!) Dont know where to start.

Just out of interest, why do you call yourself OLDalbiongirl? Mid 30s is not old!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Happy Christmas and take it from there. :beer:

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
lol. Oldalbiongirl was to stop people with the threat worthless without pics! haha. It does work as people take me a bit more seriously! Just wondered if people had any good advice as after 18 years out of the whole meeting people scenario its all a bit odd! ... by the way already sobering up and slightly regretting the post! lol

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
lol. Oldalbiongirl was to stop people with the threat worthless without pics! haha. It does work as people take me a bit more seriously! Just wondered if people had any good advice as after 18 years out of the whole meeting people scenario its all a bit odd! ... by the way already sobering up and slightly regretting the post! lol

Get the pics up before you come to your senses.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Just wondered if people had any good advice

no use asking me, to put it in a football analogy........i aint been in the opposition half for about 4 years

seldom in the box,let alone a sniff of goal

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Apart from the modern method, internet, if you are comfortable with it. Unless your work brings you in to contact with males, the good old stand by of evening classes or an activity Club of any sort brings you into contact with people, at least you have something in common with. Male friends of your friends, is also a good way to meet people. Pubs and Clubs, no good at all.
To prove a point, two of my ex girlfriends that I have stayed in contact with for over 50 years, one I worked with, and the other I met in the Driuds. She was accompanied by a girl she worked with, who lived a couple of doors away from me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why do people think age is relevant in dating? People are being 'recycled' out of relationships at all stages of life - divorces/separations etc. happen in the 20s/30s/40s/50s/60s/70s and beyond, no age bracket is any different to any other when you stink about it.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Why do people think age is relevant in dating? People are being 'recycled' out of relationships at all stages of life - divorces/separations etc. happen in the 20s/30s/40s/50s/60s/70s and beyond, no age bracket is any different to any other when you stink about it.

Yes but when you are out and older, you (I) are more likely to be worried about whether I am interested in someones husband who is not interested in me! Makes me a bit paranoid. Perhaps we should all wear a singles badge! lol

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Quite right, but the older you get the more you smell, is that it?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Has anyone tried the whole dating at 30+ scene and what awaits me! Hopefully someone will be able some real advice (with perhaps some NSC banter thrown in for good measure!!!!) Dont know where to start.

Start with one and don't go for more than 30 at the same time, regardless of how good the movie scene appears to be.

With your Albion interest, I'd have thought Falmer might have been an ideal hunting ground. Just wait until they finish playing though.

Another NSC social meet-up (meat-up) is long overdue. Get it sorted mods. :clap2:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

They don't. I was merely enquiring about the OP's user name. GT49er said it was hard work in his 60s (fortunately he was successful).

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Apart from the modern method, internet, if you are comfortable with it. Unless your work brings you in to contact with males, the good old stand by of evening classes or an activity Club of any sort brings you into contact with people, at least you have something in common with. Male friends of your friends, is also a good way to meet people. Pubs and Clubs, no good at all.
To prove a point, two of my ex girlfriends that I have stayed in contact with for over 50 years, one I worked with, and the other I met in the Driuds. She was accompanied by a girl she worked with, who lived a couple of doors away from me.

hadnt thought of evening classes. May even learn something! Might try in the new year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here