Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Hang the Bastard

Votes: 34 50.7%

• Total voters

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
fatboy said:
Do not agree that Maxine Carr deserves that same treatment.

You are entitled to your opinions Andy. Personally I thinm,k she is pure evil and not some woman led astray. It does not matter how dominated you are in a relationship, as soon as you know you are free of them you will open up whereas she just became darker and more sinister. I may be wrong but my gut feeling ( and I have got quite a big gut ) tells me that she was as much to blame as Huntly was.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
Do not agree that Maxine Carr deserves that same treatment.

I feel the same. Yes, she lied but didn't take part in the murders. She just thought he would be a target for the police because of his past. Very misguided but not a murderer.

As for the punishment for murder - life should mean natural life, no get out clause at all. (for any murder as TLO says)

As for the difference between murder and manslaughter then it could happen to anyone. Manslaughter is accidental death (whilst having the intent to cause injury - say for instance a punch up which went wrong)

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Huntly will never be released, like Hindly he'll rot away and die in prison and I for one can't think of anything better than for him to spend 40 years being beaten, scalded, attacked and generally living in fear in whatever institution he is in. Death or execution would be an easy way out for him.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
i really hope he suffers for every moment in the next 40 years and beyond, if he doesnt kill himself first

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I'd put him in solitary confinement with a cupboard full of razor blades, aspirins, sturdy rope etc.......then make his life a total misery until he did the honourable thing and saved the tax payer a small fortune.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Yorkie said:
As for the difference between murder and manslaughter then it could happen to anyone. Manslaughter is accidental death (whilst having the intent to cause injury - say for instance a punch up which went wrong)

Ah, but if the intent is to cause really serious injury, then it's murder.

Murder can be reduced to manslaughter on the grounds of provocation and diminished responsibility, so it doesn't necessarily mean accidental, or incidental, death.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
C1 BHA said:
I'd put him in solitary confinement with a cupboard full of razor blades, aspirins, sturdy rope etc.......then make his life a total misery until he did the honourable thing and saved the tax payer a small fortune.

I've been advocating that solution for years - leave it up to Huntley's conscience whether he feels he should take his own life or not.

A big point that nobody's mentioned - many people here think the state should not take a person's life, but this is the same state that administers abortion up to 24 weeks.

Our state is prepared to take an innocent baby's life, but not prepared to take the life of a mature, cold-blooded child killer.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
more than 1 death should mean life (or maybe death), though the taxpayer is going to have to pay for the killer's security, food, medical care etc for the rest of his life.

what support do the girls' families get?

somehow i dont think this evil person will make the 40.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I cannot believe that there is still a debate about capital punishment in this country. The first thing is it is against EU law so we would have to leave the EU, although that would be acceptable to a lot of people anyway.

However, people must have very short memories. We gave up the death penalty because it kills innocent people. That includes child killers e.g. recent cases of cot deaths where parents have been convicted of murder and then acquitted. Should they have been on death row and possibly executed. The death penalty is inhumane and I think that America is a disgrace for still using it. While murderers may seem inhumane do we want to be the same.

The claim about a deterrant is rubbish. America has one of the highest murder rates in the world, including a lot of gun crime. They then leave people on death row for 10 to 15 years, meaning the cost is greater than normal anyway. The fact that this is brought up after every high profile case is ridiculous. In cases like this, life should mean life but it should not mean death. It is truly disturbing to see how many people are arguing for an inhumane punishment which can affect guilty and innocent. Sometimes I wonder what direction this country is going in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here