• About Right

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Hang the Bastard

Votes: 34 50.7%

• Total voters

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Life should mean life to this swine. Either that or give him a rope to save the tax payer from keeping this scum alive.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Voroshilov said:
It has been anounced that Ian Huntley will serve a minimum of 40 years. I was just wondering what NSC thought of this

Doubtlessly you would wish him a lighter sentence than those on here daring to question the cloudy manner of Harding's departure.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
dont hang him and let him get out of his punishement

let hiom live a life of hell that he hates for every second

....and then hang him.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Where there is absolute inequivocal proof that somebody is a muderer, of anybody, let alone young girls, they should be put to death, in my opinion.

How on earth can you say 40 years is enough. No amount of time is enough for what that bastard did.

He should be banged up for say 5 years in the worst prison imaginable, and then shot.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Voroshilov said:
It has been anounced that Ian Huntley will serve a minimum of 40 years.

Please note the word "Minimum", The same was given for example to the krays.. (although not a very good comparison), but just to highlight, Huntley will die inside. No Home secretary will allow his parole!

Good riddance too imo!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Who on earth thinks that 40 years is too long, what f***ing planet are you on. Do you have kids?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Re: Re: Soham Murdered Gets 40 Years

The Northstander said:
Please note the word "Minimum", The same was given for example to the krays.. (although not a very good comparison), but just to highlight, Huntley will die inside. No Home secretary will allow his parole!

Good riddance too imo!

Its nothing to do with the Home Secretary now though is it? thats why the judge in the original trial set his term.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
So, hypothetically:

Person MURDERS victim

State MURDERS person

What's the difference? Surely if you believe murder to be a crime, it is a crime in all cases.

No?

Stumpy Tim

Personally I don't want the state killing it's own citizens - however barbaric their crimes. That's what makes him barbaric, because he's capable of killing. A state should not be like that towards it own people.

40 years is right in my opinion. I don't think he'll have a great life being in prison until his 70's & the likelihood is he won't last that long in prison conditions anyway

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
robbied69 said:
Murderers, along with paedophiles should be hanged. This country needs to bring back the death penalty. Far too many crimes are being commited with pitiful sentences.

And what about the fact that many people who turn into paedophiles were sexually abused when they were young? People are too quick to point the finger at offenders who are often someone else's victims, the result being that from a very young age they never stood much chance of leading a 'stable' life. I'm not condoning their actions but it's far from being as black and white as people like to imagine.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stumpy Tim said:
Personally I don't want the state killing it's own citizens -

Could we lend him to another state to kill him then, please?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cheeky Monkey said:
And what about the fact that many people who turn into paedophiles were sexually abused when they were young? People are too quick to point the finger at offenders who are often someone else's victims, the result being that from a very young age they never stood much chance of leading a 'stable' life. I'm not condoning their actions but it's far from being as black and white as people like to imagine.

I just don't buy this argument at all. They of all people know what it is to have your childhood stolen. Why should that make it more excusable for them to ruin someone else's life?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He'll never get out. By keeping him jail, he is a simple symbol of evil to be paraded for as long as it takes for him to die.
One of the problems is that he doesn't LOOK all that evil. He looks like a normal bloke rather than the Boogeyman that the press wished for.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Highfields Seagull said:
So, hypothetically:

Person MURDERS victim

State MURDERS person

What's the difference? Surely if you believe murder to be a crime, it is a crime in all cases.

No?

Of course not FFS

This bastard killed two innocent young girls and destroyed 2 families in the process. All the while he's alive, he could kill again, whether in prison or not.

The fact is, the world would be a better place without Huntley in it, cost the state thousands of pounds a year. He should be shot.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
hans kraay fan club said:
I just don't buy this argument at all. They of all people know what it is to have your childhood stolen. Why should that make it more excusable for them to ruin someone else's life?

Unfortunately, it's not a peccadillo, but a disease, an illness, a malaise. It's not like saying you fancy kids. It's a compulsion.
Saying you have been abused doesn't make it ok, but surely people should be treated rather than murdered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here