Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Hang the Bastard

Votes: 34 50.7%

• Total voters

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
chip said:
I wonder how much our opinion on this subject is influenced by having our own children. Before having my own I would have been far more liberal and made some argument about trying to understand, etc. etc.

Now I think that child murderers (and paedophiles) should be executed. They can't be rehabilitated and are too dangerous to ever let back into society. Its more humane to put them down like the sick animals they are. It is also proper justice.

:clap: most murders are pre meditated thats why its MURDER and not manslaughter.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
chip said:
I wonder how much our opinion on this subject is influenced by having our own children. Before having my own I would have been far more liberal and made some argument about trying to understand, etc. etc.

Now I think that child murderers (and paedophiles) should be executed. They can't be rehabilitated and are too dangerous to ever let back into society. Its more humane to put them down like the sick animals they are. It is also proper justice.

Very good point. I'm sure it makes a big difference to how people feel. Until you have your own kids, I'm not sure you can properly comprehend what it must be like to fear losing them, or to actually lose them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Meade's_Ball said:
I might be a little off my trolley, but i don't see how anyone about to murder would be put off by the thought of then being killed at the end of a long judicial system.
I suppose it's impossible to provide evidence of those who have not killed because of it. But there is evidence to show that it doesn't appear to be a deterrent in countries that have death penalties.

Well, I can see that side it, but that is not a reason to prevent the state taking the life of a proven (and I mean proven), calculated murderer.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
public stoning :clap:

beat me to it.

though not in one session, stick him in a little cage in a zoo where people can come and put their fags out on him and piss on him and stuff then let the bastard out for half hour an every day where people get to throw stones at the fucker

:angry: :angry:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
maffew said:
beat me to it.

though not in one session, stick him in a little cage in a zoo where people can come and put their fags out on him and piss on him and stuff then let the bastard out for half hour an every day where people get to throw stones at the fucker

:angry: :angry:

Are you masturbating as you type?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
he should be used for f***ing shark bait!:angry: not innocent dogs and cat. :nono:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
enigma said:
What the f*** is the Orient twat going on about?

Life should mean life.

f*** off enigma your paedophile. I was asking who the moron who voted for the 'verdict too long' option.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Reading through this thread, I come to the conclusion that many on here are in favour of executing child murderers. Do people feel the same about murderers of, say, their partner, a policeman, a terrorist (or freedom fighter), a tramp, a bully, or indeed the murder of a murderer? Child murders often seem to evoke an emotional crie de coeur where 'other' murders do not.

So, if we execute child murderers, do we execute all murderers? After all, all life is supposed to be equally valuable and sacred, whether eight or eighty - whether they be the murderer or the victim. It's the ACT of murder which is an indication of a given person's lack of value.

So, how does one determine who gets executed, and who doesn't?

For my twopenneth, I believe that the taking of any life is fundamentally wrong, whether by murder, state-sponsored murder (execution), or war. At times, I feel I want to rip someone's head off about a given incident or attitude. But if they are receiving punishment, let them suffer. Why should the Soham murderer take the easy option and end up CHOOSING his own demise?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i hope he gets bummed and beaten up every day for the next 40 years.....filthy scum

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
seagullion said:
i hope he gets bummed and beaten up every day for the next 40 years.....filthy scum

the sick bastard would probably enjoy that

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
caz99 said:
:clap: most murders are pre meditated thats why its MURDER and not manslaughter.

Whether a killing is pre-meditated or not has bugger all to do with the difference between murder and manslaughter.

There must be "intent to cause really serious bodily harm" on the part of the offender for murder to be proved (R v Moloney 1961, I think). No law as to when that intention must first be held...

Anyway... I think the judge (who is a lawyer) has set the tarriff at 40 years because Huntley's lawyers are getting loads of legal aid and this way they can keep his case in the courts for the next forty years. Hence, more money for lawyers. Trebles all round!

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Don't see the point telling somebody they will be locked up until they die. I think if you are going to do this you may as well offer them the choice of the death penalty, thus reducing the sizeable burden on the tax payer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Large One said:
Reading through this thread, I come to the conclusion that many on here are in favour of executing child murderers. Do people feel the same about murderers of, say, their partner, a policeman, a terrorist (or freedom fighter), a tramp, a bully, or indeed the murder of a murderer? Child murders often seem to evoke an emotional crie de coeur where 'other' murders do not.

So, if we execute child murderers, do we execute all murderers? After all, all life is supposed to be equally valuable and sacred, whether eight or eighty - whether they be the murderer or the victim. It's the ACT of murder which is an indication of a given person's lack of value.

So, how does one determine who gets executed, and who doesn't?

There are differences. If somebody kills somebody, for example in an armed raid, they have obviously done a very evil thing. they have not, however killed for the very purpose of killing - they have killed as a means to an end - i.e. to get away with whatever they have stolen. For such a person, once they have served there well deserved stretch inside, there is a chance of rehabilitation into normal society.

On the other hand, somebody who has intefered with and then killed two pre-pubescent girls for his own gratification will never be a safe person to release into society.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Did you know that one of his fellow cons has chucked scalding water over him ? Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.:angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
hans kraay fan club said:
Feed him to the mob.

could not agree more. Scum like Huntley and Maxine Carr should be hung drawn and quartered IMHO. Hope he gets what he has got coming to him and I do not care for all those spouting eye for an eye is wrong. I really hope Carr gets the same treatment as I am sure she will be found and will be linched by someone when they do. The pair are pure evil end of.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Do not agree that Maxine Carr deserves that same treatment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here