Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, what are the chances that a regular away fan will be able to get a ticket....

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Totally , been done to death but even dole heads could afford £38 a month

I've read no further than this yet, but what an idiotic comment, I am at present signing on (and recieve no benefit at all!) through no fault of my own and I dont consider myself a "dole head" as you so ignorantly put it.

Last edited:

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
For various reasons not all bha fans live in sussex,the question was simple really but just turned out to be a bit of a "oh look at me i have a season ticket and you dont" are we all bha fans or not and no i dont live anywhere near brighton leics ooer !! but was born in brighton :falmer::falmer:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'm confused by the original post. Why does away membership have anything to with home games. For the record, I think there will be 8-10,000 tickets for general sales, so apart from the first game or two you should be able to get tickets no trouble

I hope your right, but I think the amount of people wanting to go to the first game will not far off equal the amount at the Cardiff a few years ago.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I think it's absolutely disgusting to imply that if I haven't got 400 quid as a student living 400 miles away from Brighton, with a JOB at weekends to help me live at Uni at all in the first place, to pay for a season ticker, then I don't deserve to visit Falmer at the same time as anyone else. Get a f***ing grip. I'm 21 and have supported this club since I was old enough to kick a ball, none of you have any more right than me, bollocks, absolute bollocks to that idea in some thickhole brains on this board. You lot need to accept that were not all here with a full time job and a safe lifestyle, some haven't got to that stage of our lives yet, I didn't realise that indeed it was expected that we suffer at the expense of you because of it. But no, fair play to you all, I'll see you elitist pigs at Falmer, and the fact that I'll have basically camped out overnight outside the ticket office will make it all the f***ing better when I take my seat in the same ground as you.

Good luck with getting a ticket mate - hope you're there to see the first game as you're obviously a fan.

I do agree with others on here though, if you think you deserve it any more than the other non-season ticket holders just because you go to away games then you're wrong. The club look after the home fans cos we put the money into the Albion. By the sound of it you have put very little into the Albion (compared to season ticket holders), just into other football clubs as a visitor. ???

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
For the first game at falmer? I'm a white member and getting a bit worried that I won't be able to go to the holy ground because a load of jolly come latelys with alot of dosh to spend have season tickets and the I'm assuming blue members or w.e will get next priority, putting me bottom of the food chain :angry:

Is this the sort of atmosphere we can expect in amongst our own fans? People picking out others that weren't season ticket holders at Withdean? Because if it is its a very sad state of affairs. We are all meant to be one and support the team as well as each other. Come on.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
At the presentation, the club said it was planning and hoping to sell 15,800 season tickets. This will leave 1,000 for general sale to home fans. I assume these will be at the southern end of the East Stand, next to the South Stand away section, so that when we have to give 15% for FA Cup matches, no STH will have to move.

They are introducing a points system for away priority, with existing Withdean STH getting a 300 points start and points are added depending on how many games you go to so that regular away followers get priority, which is fair. Away grounds in the Championship will generally have at least 3000 away seats.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They are introducing a points system for away priority, with existing Withdean STH getting a 300 points start and points are added depending on how many games you go to so that regular away followers get priority, which is fair. Away grounds in the Championship will generally have at least 3000 away seats.

I like the sound of this.
Will away games attended this season contribute to the points?
How many points start will 1901 club members get?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I've picked Uni's far up north.... I've got offers from Sheffield and Leeds .
I'd not come back from Sheffield more than once a month topps, so its not really worth renewing my season ticket when you weigh it up.

With a young persons railcard you can do Leeds to Brighton for just over £20 return with advance planning, so would guess similar from Sheff.

:amex::albion1:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
At the presentation, the club said it was planning and hoping to sell 15,800 season tickets. This will leave 1,000 for general sale to home fans.

really? accounting for 3-4000 for the away end, there should be at 2500-3500 seats left over.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think it's absolutely disgusting to imply that if I haven't got 400 quid as a student living 400 miles away from Brighton, with a JOB at weekends to help me live at Uni at all in the first place, to pay for a season ticker, then I don't deserve to visit Falmer at the same time as anyone else. Get a f***ing grip. I'm 21 and have supported this club since I was old enough to kick a ball, none of you have any more right than me, bollocks, absolute bollocks to that idea in some thickhole brains on this board. You lot need to accept that were not all here with a full time job and a safe lifestyle, some haven't got to that stage of our lives yet, I didn't realise that indeed it was expected that we suffer at the expense of you because of it. But no, fair play to you all, I'll see you elitist pigs at Falmer, and the fact that I'll have basically camped out overnight outside the ticket office will make it all the f***ing better when I take my seat in the same ground as you.

I think you need to stop and take a breath The_Viper. The club have to prioritise somehow because there is so much demand. However they then do that, there will be some cases where the system is inequitable - that's just the way of things. Not unreasonably, they have prioritised people who have had season tickets because they are the ones who have contributed most financially to keeping the club going. It's not really for the Albion to determine why or how those people can afford to pay for the season tickets. Sadly, this does mean that someone is going to be at the end of the list. In this case, away supporters who don't go to home games. So in answer to your question, I think you are going to find it tough to get a ticket.

I had complete sympathy with your point of view until you posted the above. What you have chosen to ignore is that before everyone else had "a full time job and a safe lifestyle" (which is a massive and in all probability a hugely inaccurate generalisation) they were likely to have been in the same position as you. Bar a few wealthy individuals, we all went through a skint phase. Possibly as students, or when we started out in work - or during times when we may have been unemployed or starting a business. And at that time, we had to prioritise and miss out on things too. That's life. These people you denegrate did not simply move from school to well paid job and mortgage. We all went through it - we all missed out - and we all dealt with it. Whilst the "I've got a season ticket - you ain't" tone of some replies is pretty charmless, perhaps you need to stop and consider why these people think they are now entitled to soem priority. Perhaps it's their turn - it will be yours at some point in the future.

It's hard to take, and I dare say you won't agree with me. But that's life. I hope you get a ticket. I would have camped out to get a ticket for the first game at The Amex when I was 21 too (as I did for a ticket to Wembley in 1983 - twice).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"Elitist pigs" :lolol:

Look, nobody is saying you don't DESERVE to visit the Amex, or disputing that you have been a fan for x number of years. But the fact remains that there are a limited number of seats available for that opening game, and those fans who have stumped up regularly for season tickets and for home games are inevitably going to be in front of you in the queue.

After the STH's and various other priorities, its obviously going to be a right old scramble to get hold of one of the few remaining tickets for that first game. But attending loads of away games and being a fan since you could kick a ball is not, unfortunately, going to put you any nearer the front of the queue for one. The club looks after its paying customers first, thats the way it was, is and will always be. As it should.

Good luck anyway.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Totally , been done to death but even dole heads could afford £38 a month

Even on NSC that post stands out as a beacon of stupidy, lack or self-awareness and understanding of the real world

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you need to stop and take a breath The_Viper. The club have to prioritise somehow because there is so much demand. However they then do that, there will be some cases where the system is inequitable - that's just the way of things. Not unreasonably, they have prioritised people who have had season tickets because they are the ones who have contributed most financially to keeping the club going. It's not really for the Albion to determine why or how those people can afford to pay for the season tickets. Sadly, this does mean that someone is going to be at the end of the list. In this case, away supporters who don't go to home games. So in answer to your question, I think you are going to find it tough to get a ticket.

I had complete sympathy with your point of view until you posted the above. What you have chosen to ignore is that before everyone else had "a full time job and a safe lifestyle" (which is a massive and in all probability a hugely inaccurate generalisation) they were likely to have been in the same position as you. Bar a few wealthy individuals, we all went through a skint phase. Possibly as students, or when we started out in work - or during times when we may have been unemployed or starting a business. And at that time, we had to prioritise and miss out on things too. That's life. These people you denegrate did not simply move from school to well paid job and mortgage. We all went through it - we all missed out - and we all dealt with it. Whilst the "I've got a season ticket - you ain't" tone of some replies is pretty charmless, perhaps you need to stop and consider why these people think they are now entitled to soem priority. Perhaps it's their turn - it will be yours at some point in the future.

It's hard to take, and I dare say you won't agree with me. But that's life. I hope you get a ticket. I would have camped out to get a ticket for the first game at The Amex when I was 21 too (as I did for a ticket to Wembley in 1983 - twice).
Excellent post. I realise my initial response lacked charm, but I was riled by this whole ridiculous idea that away fan regulars deserve any sort of priority when clearly they don't, coupled with this lame "I'm a student" excuse, as if his lifestyle choice is everybody elses fault. As you allude, I was a student once, and had to think twice about the Albion games I went to. And I'm not a student anymore and all of last year and the year before that also had to think carefully about spending money watching the Albion. So I find a trifle irriating that some student type is moaning on here that he can't be guaranteed a seat when he has contributed f*** all to the club and has decided through personal circumstance that he won't buy a season ticket.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Excellent post. I realise my initial response lacked charm, but I was riled by this whole ridiculous idea that away fan regulars deserve any sort of priority when clearly they don't, coupled with this lame "I'm a student" excuse, as if his lifestyle choice is everybody elses fault. As you allude, I was a student once, and had to think twice about the Albion games I went to. And I'm not a student anymore and all of last year and the year before that also had to think carefully about spending money watching the Albion. So I find a trifle irriating that some student type is moaning on here that he can't be guaranteed a seat when he has contributed f*** all to the club and has decided through personal circumstance that he won't buy a season ticket.

Well said that man :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Put simply.

Get organised. The day you know they go on sale book the day off and either ring the ticet office or go into the shop.

It really isnt difficult.

Or just get a ticket in the away section.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here