Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, what are the chances that a regular away fan will be able to get a ticket....

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Then pay up for a season ticket or a blue membership?

???

I'll be paying my 400 quid, so expect to get more than you. Surely if you don't like that fact, do something about it and get a blue membership/season ticket to easy your worries?

I thought you were poor?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I've picked Uni's far up north, because they were far superior to anything i looked at within the local area IN MY OPINION given the course i want to do. I've got offers from Sheffield and Leeds which are my top 2 choices, so it'll be between either providing my grades are maintained. I'd love to take a gap year, and fit in some volunteering, that was the plan originally but its not financially viable with the fees now increasing.
I'd not come back from Sheffield more than once a month topps, so its not really worth renewing my season ticket when you weigh it up. I should (I'd be bloody pissed off if i didnt) get a ticket for the first game at Falmer, and the second, and hopefully the third, given that i'll be on the system as a gold member. Just dont want to miss that elusive first ever league game at the new ground, having put up with Withdean for 9 years.

Obviously, if the Uni's up north are better for what you want to do then fair play to you!

You put IN MY OPINION in caps :lolol: i wasn't going to have a go, Bournemouth is SHITEHOUSE for medicine but for say Media or Computing its superb. :thumbsup:

Thats a harsh way to go though, you'll be lucky if you get a ticket.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
I'm sure i will though, i'll be at the top of the pile for the 2k or so remaining non season tickets, and i presume i'll be one of the only season ticket holders not renewing.

You would like to think so, but be aware if all the season tkts and premium seats sell then only abot 900 seats will be made available on a match to match basis.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I thought you were poor?

:facepalm: I have a job. As in, I give an employer services that they pay me for. You know, hard work and that. I'm paying over a monthly period too, hopefully my incomings will go up with pay increases after 4 and 12 months. However I am sacrificing EVERYTHING to have this ticket. No contract phone (not that i have one now), EMA will pay for everything that isn't my ticket i.e. clothes and food until I go to Uni and i'm just going to have to graft it out but I love the Albion enough to balance both things. Also at Uni I hope to have more time off than at college during the week so my availability at work will increase AND the summer holidays coming up when i go to leave i'm going full time at work for a couple of months hoping to get a bit of a boost in cash before I jet off to Uni. If that was meant as a light hearted joke i am sorry for the aggressive response but if it was an actual post, then respectfully do one. I'm working my nuts off to get everything in place for Uni and the next two years before my sandwhich year.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I fully expect to watch the first home game from the away end - shouldn't be a problem as few visitors will sell it out

Liverpool will sellout their allocation for the away end :lol:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
What, like you will with the tuition fees? :wink:

I see what you did there :lolol:

And no, i'm not in the 2012 entry which is when it is effective from. I'm in the 2011. I care so much about the issue for non-selfish reasons.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm confused by the original post. Why does away membership have anything to with home games. For the record, I think there will be 8-10,000 tickets for general sales, so apart from the first game or two you should be able to get tickets no trouble

The OP wants to know if he has any chance of getting a ticket for the 1st home game if we already have 15k STH's (including 1901ers) and thousands of fans worldwide wanting to get a ticket.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
You would like to think so, but be aware if all the season tkts and premium seats sell then only abot 900 seats will be made available on a match to match basis.

Thats a harsh way to go though, you'll be lucky if you get a ticket.

Wouldnt have to rely on luck surely? As a season ticket holder currently, i'd surely get priority to purchase individual tickets next season, and there wont be 900 other season ticket holders who don't renew but want a ticket.
I may just fork out £400 to guarantee one, even though i'd only make about 7 or 8 games.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Wouldnt have to rely on luck surely? As a season ticket holder currently, i'd surely get priority to purchase individual tickets next season, and there wont be 900 other season ticket holders who don't renew but want a ticket.
I may just fork out £400 to guarantee one, even though i'd only make about 7 or 8 games.

Why would you being a season ticket holder this year got any thing to do with next year? surely you would have to become a blue member and just hope you get a ticket.

I'm glad though as i play football most Saturdays i decided 2 years ago not to carry on with my season ticket and go when my brothers or dad can't. It turns out my dad has decided to go on holiday on the 3rd August for 2 weeks and thus means he's missing the first game meaning i'm not. Every cloud!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Being a STH this year means nothing for next year, outside of having priority before White, blue and nonmembers.

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
For various reasons, work, uni, living abroad, I haven't had a season tkt since the Goldstone. Will be buying for myself and 4 year old son, and will probably get blue membership to at least put me one step further up the chain.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think it's absolutely disgusting to imply that if I haven't got 400 quid as a student living 400 miles away from Brighton, with a JOB at weekends to help me live at Uni at all in the first place, to pay for a season ticker, then I don't deserve to visit Falmer at the same time as anyone else. Get a f***ing grip. I'm 21 and have supported this club since I was old enough to kick a ball, none of you have any more right than me, bollocks, absolute bollocks to that idea in some thickhole brains on this board. You lot need to accept that were not all here with a full time job and a safe lifestyle, some haven't got to that stage of our lives yet, I didn't realise that indeed it was expected that we suffer at the expense of you because of it. But no, fair play to you all, I'll see you elitist pigs at Falmer, and the fact that I'll have basically camped out overnight outside the ticket office will make it all the f***ing better when I take my seat in the same ground as you.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think it's absolutely disgusting to imply that if I haven't got 400 quid as a student living 400 miles away from Brighton, with a JOB at weekends to help me live at Uni at all in the first place, to pay for a season ticker, then I don't deserve to visit Falmer at the same time as anyone else. Get a f***ing grip. I'm 21 and have supported this club since I was old enough to kick a ball, none of you have any more right than me, bollocks, absolute bollocks to that idea in some thickhole brains on this board. You lot need to accept that were not all here with a full time job and a safe lifestyle, some haven't got to that stage of our lives yet, I didn't realise that indeed it was expected that we suffer at the expense of you because of it. But no, fair play to you all, I'll see you elitist pigs at Falmer, and the fact that I'll have basically camped out overnight outside the ticket office will make it all the f***ing better when I take my seat in the same ground as you.

We're not saying that BUT if we as current and soon to be renewing STH's pay for the right to get seats ahead of you, we DO have a more of a right - thats how a club works fuckwit. We do all have the right to PURCHUSE a season ticket, and i'm not in that position in my life either, but i'm going to work f***ing hard for what I want. You want a ticket, you need to buy one. Priority for 1901's and STH's is how clubs work.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Should have saved the money put into other club's coffers, travel costs, beer money and other awayday incidentals for a season ticket if it is that important to you.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree fully with Foolg that fans like him (and me to a far lesser extent having only had a season ticket for three years) should have some sort of priority. For students away at university it's not really feasible to get a season ticket at the prices next year, without putting the football above all else, which in my opinion is a bit stupid.

The fans deserve some credit for plugging it out at Withdean week after week for years and atleast deserve the chance to see the first game at falmer..

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

As I live quite a long way from England and only return every couple of years I generally don't pay too much attention to these ticket threads, so apologies if my suggestion has been covered to death and has an obvious flaw in it. However, surely the best and simplest thing to do is to buy a season ticket and then sell the individual match tickets on a game to game basis to family or friends? I'm sure you're not the only person you know that has an interest in the albion and will be living in or near brighton next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here