Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, what are the chances that a regular away fan will be able to get a ticket....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
*I'm not sure if the 15,800 quoted by the club includes the 1901 numbers or not :shrug:

well im rather assuming it does include 1901 group, which are after all season tickets just with a few extra frills.

not that i believe we will get 15800 season tickets sold anyway. great if we can, just cant see it.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Excellent generalisation of students ITT. Maybe some of us have a course that costs a bomb in books, maybe some of us due to that can't afford nights out due to it. The last time I went out was Halloween, because of the amount of books and other things I'm having to purchase for this course. Not all of us are drinking slobs. Maybe therefore, according to you lot I should not buy some of the stuff for my course and buy a season ticket for the sake of one game? NSC's intelligence knows no bounds.

Oh, and my point is, I'm annoyed at the fact that some 'fans' have the money to buy a season ticket, and therefore, even though they've either never attended a game before or simply bought one to be able to sit in the AMEX and revel in the glory that I believe were going to experience over the next few years at the expense of people like me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Excellent generalisation of students ITT. Maybe some of us have a course that costs a bomb in books, maybe some of us due to that can't afford nights out due to it. The last time I went out was Halloween, because of the amount of books and other things I'm having to purchase for this course. Not all of us are drinking slobs. Maybe therefore, according to you lot I should not buy some of the stuff for my course and buy a season ticket for the sake of one game? NSC's intelligence knows no bounds.

Oh, and my point is, I'm annoyed at the fact that some 'fans' have the money to buy a season ticket, and therefore, even though they've either never attended a game before or simply bought one to be able to sit in the AMEX and revel in the glory that I believe were going to experience over the next few years at the expense of people like me.
Oh FFS wind your neck in.

HOLD ON ALBION!!!. STOP SELLING SEASON TICKETS IMMEDIATELY! It might be 10,000 x £450 you're turning your nose up at, but you might be selling one to someone who has never been to Withdean before, and that wouldn't leave a student called "the_viper" any chance of a ticket, and he went to Colchester on a Tuesday night once!

Compelling case you have there. :rolleyes:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

So you have a God given right to a ticket at the first game at Falmer because....you've been to games and some people haven't? Wow.

But the entire point is that the club have to benefit the peoplse that are putting money into the club at this moment in time. Ultimately a lot of things in life come down to ability to pay. The game will be oversubscribed, and some people that want to go will miss out. The best way (from the clubs perspective) to sort out who can attend is by their 'ability to pay', i.e. how much they are willing/able to pay for a ticket.

It's a bit rich to say that these new fans will be watching a successful team at your expense, when in fact it is their season ticket money that is directly contributing to the wage budget, transfer fees, etc. If anything, going to away games, you are watching a successful team at their expense, as ticket money for away games goes straight to the home team (certainly if POTG, at least). And I say that as someone who goes almost exclusively to away games!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
your be fine,plenty on here giving it large ,sell out,sellout,it wont HAPPEN ,judging what was said last night

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As I live quite a long way from England and only return every couple of years I generally don't pay too much attention to these ticket threads, so apologies if my suggestion has been covered to death and has an obvious flaw in it. However, surely the best and simplest thing to do is to buy a season ticket and then sell the individual match tickets on a game to game basis to family or friends? I'm sure you're not the only person you know that has an interest in the albion and will be living in or near brighton next season?

My dad's buying his and he'll buy one for my sister too, and they'd both want to go to the first few games too. They're the only two direct family members that have any interest in The Albion as the rest of my family are all pompey supporters unfortunately.
I've got mates that support The Albion, but they'll all be buying there own season tickets (well i know they are), and those that dont will only be interested in buying one or two tickets topps per season if im lucky. To be honest i'll probably get one to save the hassle, and just accept that i'm paying more like £30/40 a ticket accounting for the games the ticket isn't used.
I just think a bit more could be done for those that cannot renew for personal reasons as HseagullsH says, be it Uni, being in the army or something, but have clearly got a passion for the club more than just now we have a nice new shiny ground. I've been a season ticket holder since i was old enough to appreciate actually going to football, and just a bit miffed at paying £400 to see what would effectively be the first 3 games, and the odd one now and again.

EDIT: I don't believe i should be given match by match tickets over a season ticket holder, obviously not. But just that those who have a long history and cannot commit to a season ticket, should have enough of a chance to get tickets match by match. If there's only 1500 or so likely to go on sale, that might be a struggle.

Last edited:

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
:lolol::lolol::lolol:ha ha viper i do beleive you are winding these fools up the fish are biting well today some more than others who must have gone from birth to up their arse grumpy bleeders straight away ffs lighten up it was only a question he asked!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here