Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seriously? Lack of creativity from the squad last season and he managed to get 10 goals in his debut season in the Premier league....

Gotta wonder what else the fella has to do?
20 goals won't be enough for some "yes but what about that miss against Burnley".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Webster yes, The jury is still out on Maupay. There are signs he could just be another Craig-mackail-Smith

In total, Mackail-Smith scored 10 goals for Brighton, and he revealed his disappointment at his goal haul, which he largely put down to adapting to Brighton's passing style of football.

Is it bollocks. 10 goals in your first season in the premier, playing for a team battling relegation is not disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Unless the person in charge of the clubs socials is also responsible for getting the shirts ready for the 'hold up photo', I'd imagine they have the same amount of transfer 'knowledge' as the rest of us.

Seems a bit too specific to me, why not just put up the whole interview? You could be right of course but i would imagine the clubs media department would be informed ahead of the rest of us so they can prepare for the announcement.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Palace want him.

Even more reason to get him , ridiculously talented, needs to stop doing the weights by the looks of him , has bulked up to a Mr Universe type player but I'd be delighted if we got this chap in .

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Have you thought about going out for a drink with BW2 to talk through Albion’s striker business, you’d get on like a house on fire I’m sure :smile:

I would love to join you AFTER the window has closed to either gloat or get very angry along with you both :lolol:

Would be nice if a few more on here would wake up and smell the coffee. Still, 1 week to go. Trying (and failing) to stay positive. See Wilson has gone to the Toon now. One less to bid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
How about our last ditch effort to sign Janssen from Spurs in the last few hours of a transfer window, when all other attempts to sign a striker had failed ?

Spot on. This is what the lauded patience gets you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Me. That would be a real panic signing. I'm 57 and my highest level was division 11 of the Sussex Sunday league and I was a defender.

Quite frankly Socky I am beginning to think you might be our best option. Start looking for your boots; Potter will get the best out of you!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That's a good point, we don't usually land our 'clock ticking' striker signing.
Instead preferring to push the manager out, the day after the window slams shut, holding what can only be a hostage note with the words:-

'I'm very happy with the 2.5 strikers I have and was never looking at new players coming in'.

Won't happen for two reasons.

1. I think we'll get another striker in.
2. We know Tony can't get planning permission to extend the dungeon, and the only cell is occupied by Ben White.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Won't happen for two reasons.

1. I think we'll get another striker in.
2. We know Tony can't get planning permission to extend the dungeon, and the only cell is occupied by Ben White.

Of course we'll get another striker in.
I have no idea why the 'wetters are out so early this season...

...There's still plenty of time for that!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heaven forbid we should ever sign a smart young UK based striker for the going rate. Let's just keep this gormless fantasy going whereby we unearth some hidden gem from somewhere unlikely somewhere on planet earth and sign them up for peanuts. Truth is, it's not 1958 anymore, any kiddie with any degree of talent will have been on-radar everywhere since about age 8

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Of course we'll get another striker in.
I have no idea why the 'wetters are out so early this season...

...There's still plenty of time for that!

Ffs. Wetters. You mean the realists who recognise our striker squad gap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here