Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's a good point, we don't usually land our 'clock ticking' striker signing.
Instead preferring to push the manager out, the day after the window slams shut, holding what can only be a hostage note with the words:-

'I'm very happy with the 2.5 strikers I have and was never looking at new players coming in'.

Have you thought about going out for a drink with BW2 to talk through Albion’s striker business, you’d get on like a house on fire I’m sure :smile:

I would love to join you AFTER the window has closed to either gloat or get very angry along with you both :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Instead preferring to push the manager out, the day after the window slams shut, holding what can only be a hostage note with the words:-

'I'm very happy with the 2.5 strikers I have and was never looking at new players coming in'.

:lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I wonder if Potter's 'We prefer to improve the players we already have' line was also written for him. Because it doesn't really work if we only have Connolly and Maupay. Sooner or later injuries or suspensions will mean there is nobody available to improve. Or is he working night and day on Gyokeres?

I know people will say there is no point buying players who are not as good as the ones we already have. But Vydra and Rodriguez aren't as good as Barnes and Wood yet have done jobs off the bench for Burnley.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Pukki, no thanks. Sebastian Andersson AND Jesper Karlsson for less combined, yes please. Under £10m for both!

Dont get me wrong i would prefer a top quality striker like Dembele like everyone else, but if we are talking Pukki levels i'd rather go for these two Swedes.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Ho Ho . but not true. This happened once in Sept 2017 and Hughton, Bloom and Barber were all quite open how exposed that left us - no attempt at implying otherwise as you well know SB. Its not happened since.
Murray, Hemed, Andone, Locadia, and Maupay were all signed weeks before the end of their relative windows.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you thought about going out for a drink with BW2 to talk through Albion’s striker business, you’d get on like a house on fire I’m sure :smile:

I would love to join you AFTER the window has closed to either gloat or get very angry along with you both :lolol:

Come on this is The Albion and Strikers we're discussing here.

Just how many failed attempt windows of, "financial bubbles", "hyper inflation" "inset the other one I always forget here", 'returning hero's' do you need to have to keyboard your way through before the situation dawns on you?

We is shite at buying them, always have been, clearly always will be.

I can't be the 'ultimate club fan boy' & a 'BW2' clone at the same time.

We might as well own it, laugh at it and buy another centre back, while we wait for Chris Woods in the first week of October (see that's another joke (hopefully))

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ho Ho . but not true. This happened once in Sept 2017 and Hughton, Bloom and Barber were all quite open how exposed that left us - no attempt at implying otherwise as you well know SB. Its not happened since.
Murray, Hemed, Andone, Locadia, and Maupay were all signed weeks before the end of their relative windows.

In your absence I'd forgotten you were the most literal poster on here.

For both yours and my mental health I shall endeavour to adjust my posts accordingly, on any Albion related threads on which you are also posting.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There is 28 days left on the transfer window and then there is the domestic window from October 5 to October 16.

Sure, possibly there wont be a new striker for the Chelsea, Newcastle or Man United games, but the two main ones from last season are still around and two of these games belong in the "probably not getting anything" category, with or without a new striker.

Zero reason to panic. If we only got Maupay & Connolly in a month, lets look at the wet puddle in the bed with motionless expression and think "yes. It belongs there. I deserved this", but for now... chill out, engulf in rumours and speculation.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
If Bloom seriously wants to keep improving, then we need a striker that has the same experience level like Lallana.
I hope we don't spend another £20Million+ on a player that has never played on the European stage. Pissing money away.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
How about our last ditch effort to sign Janssen from Spurs in the last few hours of a transfer window, when all other attempts to sign a striker had failed ?

Well lets hope they've learnt some valuable lessons from that window!

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Both turned out to be excellent signings imo.

Webster yes, The jury is still out on Maupay. There are signs he could just be another Craig-mackail-Smith

In total, Mackail-Smith scored 10 goals for Brighton, and he revealed his disappointment at his goal haul, which he largely put down to adapting to Brighton's passing style of football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Bloom seriously wants to keep improving, then we need a striker that has the same experience level like Lallana.
I hope we don't spend another £20Million+ on a player that has never played on the European stage. Pissing money away.

I hope the club does.

My unqualified eye had Nunez as EXACTLY the right striker the club needed.

For me the question is does Nunez II even exist?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Webster yes, The jury is still out on Maupay. There are signs he could just be another Craig-mackail-Smith

Seriously? Lack of creativity from the squad last season and he managed to get 10 goals in his debut season in the Premier league....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here