Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No way should we go for Pooks. Surely Dembele is unrealistic. Why not Watkins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I watched that analysis.

It was about Pukki losing form, I don’t think his teammates were blamed, in fact, they showed a number of situations where had he made the run, he’d have been in great positions.

You get these Strikers who have a good year or two; he is one of them but his time has gone.

He is 30 and was relegated completely out of form to the Championship (where he belongs) where as 20 yr old Connolly finished the season brightly. I’ll take the latter thanks.

Watching Finland beat Ireland yesterday, Pukki looked far better than Connolly whose touch was poor.

He's only young and in the future I hope he will be great, but for now, in our situation, with the team we have, Pukki would be a better option. Even at 30.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Watching Finland beat Ireland yesterday, Pukki looked far better than Connolly whose touch was poor.

He's only young and in the future I hope he will be great, but for now, in our situation, with the team we have, Pukki would be a better option. Even at 30.
Exactly.

If pukki was Brazilian and or played for a fashionable club most posters would be falling over themselves to sign him.

Pukki has scored more in one season in the premier League than giroud in the last two combined!! (And think how many chances Chelsea create)

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

We'll find out later. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yeah that hattrick he knocked in was mightily impressive.

On no wait he hasn't actually scored, or assisted in, a goal since 22/01/20

So I guess we can say on that level he'd fit right in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly.

If pukki was Brazilian and or played for a fashionable club most posters would be falling over themselves to sign him.

Pukki has scored more in one season in the premier League than giroud in the last two combined!! (And think how many chances Chelsea create)

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Would that be the same Giroud who scored 10 goals in 1831 minutes over, 2 seasons.

Versus

Pukki who scored 11 goals in 2893 minutes in just one season, with one assist LESS than Giroud.

The same Giroud who last season came off the bench to score 8 in the last 12 games.
Care to guess how many Pukki scored over the same fixtures?

If Pukki was Brazilian he'd be shite in yellow for club and country. (not that he'd ever be within 1000 miles of their national team)

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

You are naughty - that did make me LoL.

I think the bigger issue is more his Pukki’s presence, I understand what you are quoting re Giroud, but one more assist or not, he is a physical presence, that will occupy defences, and free-up Maupay more.

Never going to run the lines though like Connolly and Maupay, but he would be a Murray replacement - literally [emoji23]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are naughty - that did make me LoL.

I think the bigger issue is more his Pukki’s presence, I understand what you are quoting re Giroud, but one more assist or not, he is a physical presence, that will occupy defences, and free-up Maupay more.

Never going to run the lines though like Connolly and Maupay, but he would be a Murray replacement - literally [emoji23]

What as in 'never getting into the team so offloaded to Watford', then yes we agree.

Oh and Giroud is proper shitehouse, only a Chelsea fanboy would even bring him into the conversation.
But I'd take him in a heartbeat over Pukki.

I'd rather the club bought a Pukka Pie rather than Pukki.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is in 'never getting into the team so offloaded to Watford', then yes we agree.

Oh and Giroud is proper shitehouse, only a Chelsea fanboy would even bring him into the conversation.
But I'd take him in a heartbeat over Pukki.

I'd rather the club bought a Pukka Pie rather than Pukki.

A World Cup winner is shitehouse and wouldn’t improve us? Get a grip Stat. You sound like an Albion newbie who used to support Madrid, Barcelona, City or Liverpool from your couch :lolol:

Maybe your sense of humour has whooshed me...hope so or I worry for you :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A World Cup winner is shitehouse and wouldn’t improve us? Get a grip Stat.

Well yeah that might be a bit strong considering the options currently available.
But if the club keep going down the West Ham Recruitment route then we's in trouble.

Anyway for all he did in that World Cup his medal wouldn't look out of place round either yours or my neck :lol:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Touche.

Its all moot, But if offered a choice between what we have now or the addition of Pukki, I'd take the latter.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But if the club keep going down the West Ham Recruitment route then we's in trouble.

:

I've not noticed us selling our bright young talent to rivals this window and our captain criticising it openly on social media but if you say so SB.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Touche.

Its all moot, But if offered a choice between what we have now or the addition of Pukki, I'd take the latter.

Obviously there isn't a choice.

There's what we have now, plus an addition.

If the clubs ambition isn't greater than Pukki (or Giroud, for that matter) then the stated goal of 'working towards consistent top 10', will get considerably further away.

This being the Albion + Strikers I do accept the probability of you bouncing this 01.10.20 when I'm screaming for (a policeman) Pukki, because the striker partnership of Burn and Lamptey really isn't working out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not noticed us selling our bright young talent to rivals this window and our captain criticising it openly on social media but if you say so SB.

Much to my surprise I have seen us buy a perma injured 'elderly' top 6 squad player on a long contract with a high wage.

#TheWestHamWay.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Would that be the same Giroud who scored 10 goals in 1831 minutes over, 2 seasons.

Versus

Pukki who scored 11 goals in 2893 minutes in just one season, with one assist LESS than Giroud.

The same Giroud who last season came off the bench to score 8 in the last 12 games.
Care to guess how many Pukki scored over the same fixtures?

If Pukki was Brazilian he'd be shite in yellow for club and country. (not that he'd ever be within 1000 miles of their national team)

Stat Bro on fire with the stats today [emoji122][emoji122]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway for all he did in that World Cup his medal wouldn't look out of place round either yours or my neck :lol:

Hang on a moment! What on EARTH, is this???

Giroud at the 2018 World Cup:

Group matches:
v Australia, came on as sub.
v Peru, started
v Denmark, started

Rd of 16, v Argentina, started

QF, v Uruguay, started

SF, v Belgium, started

F, v Croatia, started.

Giroud was absolutely pivotal to how they set up at the World Cup, and played literally every game. I think you might have got that a tiny bit wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here