Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Is it a case we need to wait until the Nations League games finish as we are after a player involved in one of the squads?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Pukki scored a total of 0 goals from open play (two penalties though) in his last 23 PL games.

He is not the solution to anything. He scored five goals in August and after that, pretty much nothing happened.

And barely made the Norwich team towards the end.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My other half went to school with a now Scottish sports writer / commentator and still friends he has some info at times.

Good stuff. How reliable you reckon? Did they just say we were interested or something more concrete? Seems a bit far fetched as Man U were linked but could be agent talk. He’s done really well at Lyon and still annoyed we didn’t get him last time as would’ve been a great signing I think...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is it a case we need to wait until the Nations League games finish as we are after a player involved in one of the squads?

It happens that players are signed while on international duty, i.e. I think Havertz had a quick flight to finalise his Chelsea deal the other day, but its quite unusual as its obviously not very smooth, and probably even more so now in corona-times.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Agree to disagree on this one.

Ok he went through a rough patch second half of last season .... But he also he scored 10 goals in 10 matches in Finland's*euro qualification, there's enough there to suggest he could offer something as another option to maupay or Connelly.

In addition , maupay only scored 3 in the last 23 which is quite disturbing !!

Pukki is essentially an older, slower downgrade version of Maupay.

We need a different option upfront.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
According to Vagabond a deal has already been done :

"We have someone lined up. Even by our usual standards we’re exceptionally short of numbers up front now. A deal has been done."

The only problem is he hasn't told us yet. Obviously like the club and keeping it close to his chest.

Might do. Has been taking a rest after his/her combined total of 691 posts on the Ben White/Deluded threads.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Good stuff. How reliable you reckon? Did they just say we were interested or something more concrete? Seems a bit far fetched as Man U were linked but could be agent talk. He’s done really well at Lyon and still annoyed we didn’t get him last time as would’ve been a great signing I think...
The thing I believe is we have a relationship with the player as he wanted to sign before unfortunately we didn’t match Celtics valuation. Winstanly tracked Veltman for three seasons so seems believable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pukki is essentially an older, slower downgrade version of Maupay.

We need a different option upfront.

Balder, shitter and temperamentaller.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The thing I believe is we have a relationship with the player as he wanted to sign before unfortunately we didn’t match Celtics valuation. Winstanly tracked Veltman for three seasons so seems believable.

Maupay and Andone were the same. We went in first time, didn't get....kept our desire known and eventually got them.....if dembele knows we've wanted him a long while, maybe just maybe?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Maupay and Andone were the same. We went in first time, didn't get....kept our desire known and eventually got them.....if dembele knows we've wanted him a long while, maybe just maybe?
Minimum 40m. Really can't see it.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Scored more than maupay last season (in a far worse team)

Has a very good record at international level

Featured in a few 10 top prem strikers of last season lists.

Scores pens!!

Sorry. He's better (at the moment) than maupay.

I personally would not swap Maupay for Pukki in a million years.

It’s not impossible... but I’d be extremely surprised if Ashworth and GP sanctioned a move for him. Just doesn’t fit our transfer business model. Whatever your opinions on him he is on decline with little re-sale value.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Pukki scored a total of 0 goals from open play (two penalties though) in his last 23 PL games.

He is not the solution to anything. He scored five goals in August and after that, pretty much nothing happened.

On Match of the Day Alan Shearer analysed why the goals had dried up, he noticed that Pukki had stopped playing on the shoulder, running in behind and had started dropping deeper coming towards the midfield looking for the ball.

This was probably because he was no longer receiving the through balls. Maybe a lack of quality from Norwich the midfield?

For us he would be an upgrade on Connolly, who also likes to run in behind.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On Match of the Day Alan Shearer analysed why the goals had dried up, he noticed that Pukki had stopped playing on the shoulder, running in behind and had started dropping deeper coming towards the midfield looking for the ball.

This was probably because he was no longer receiving the through balls. Maybe a lack of quality from Norwich the midfield?

For us he would be an upgrade on Connolly, who also likes to run in behind.

I watched that analysis.

It was about Pukki losing form, I don’t think his teammates were blamed, in fact, they showed a number of situations where had he made the run, he’d have been in great positions.

You get these Strikers who have a good year or two; he is one of them but his time has gone.

He is 30 and was relegated completely out of form to the Championship (where he belongs) where as 20 yr old Connolly finished the season brightly. I’ll take the latter thanks.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Scored more than maupay last season (in a far worse team)

Has a very good record at international level

Featured in a few 10 top prem strikers of last season lists.

Scores pens!!

Sorry. He's better (at the moment) than maupay.

Scored ONE more than Maupay

Scored over half (6 to be exact) in his first five games

Then scored 5 goals over the next 30 games including a 13 game run with no goals to end the season

I’d have Maupay all day over Pukki

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here