Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All getting a little boring.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Using my Olevel French, grade D, we are also very interested but haven’t made a formal offer.

I often wish I had replied to the many adverts advertising’French Lessons’ in the personal columns of local newspapers years ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, well that’s easy for them to say.

Pushed towards the exit by Olympique Lyonnais, Bertrand Traoré has touches in the Premier League. Fulham is very hot at the idea of ​​signing the former Chelsea player and has even made a first firm offer to OL.

At the beginning of August, we learned that Olympique Lyonnais wanted to separate from several players by the end of the transfer window: Kenny Tete (24), Youssouf Koné (25) and Bertrand Traoré (24). Since then, it has been radio silence. But in recent hours, some cases are unblocking somewhat, starting with that of the Burkinabe striker. As revealed by Sky Sports , Fulham is very interested. Information that we are able to confirm to you.

Just extended on the Cottagers bench (2023), Scott Parker holds the Lyon striker in the highest esteem and already has a little idea of ​​how to use it and restore his confidence, something that Rudi obviously did not manage to do. Garcia since his arrival between Rhône and Saône. Proof of the concrete interest in the Stallion, the London club, very fond of players who have played in France (remember the summer of 2018, with the arrivals of Jean-Michael Seri, Maxime Le Marchand and Franck Zambo-Anguissa) made a first firm offer to OL. According to our information, this is very far from what the seven-time champion of France expects, namely 25 M €.

Fulham made an offer, Brighton are thinking about it, Newcastle, Everton and Crystal Palace on the prowl
Still, the profile of Bertrand Traoré, author of 4 goals in all competitions last season with the Gones, including an important goal in the Champions League against Benfica Lisbon in the group stage, is very popular in the Premier League. Brighton is also very interested, but has not yet made an offer. As for Newcastle, Everton and Crystal Palace (which could take action if Wilfried Zaha leaves), the latter prefer to give themselves time. Finally, as a source close to the Foxes told us, Leicester is no longer in the game.

For his part, Bertrand Traoré patiently waits for the situation to settle down and does not relax his efforts in training. Not really in the little papers of Rudi Garcia, the Europa League finalist with Ajax Amsterdam has made a point and sees more and more a future far from Groupama Stadium, with the hoped-for point of fall: the other side of the Channel. It remains to be seen whether OL will be able to lower their expectations, for a player recruited € 9 million three seasons ago.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I very much doubt we will be a player given his likely wage demands but is anyone else surprised that Callum Wilson is available for £17m if the chap from the Telegraph is to be believed? I'd have expected around £25m tbh.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I very much doubt we will be a player given his likely wage demands but is anyone else surprised that Callum Wilson is available for £17m if the chap from the Telegraph is to be believed? I'd have expected around £25m tbh.

Probably wants 100k a week is the real issue as you say

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

We could do a lot worse for £17m.. He's 28 & by his own admission had a bad season last year still scoring 9 goals. If the wages werent too much id be keen but imagine they will be.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Probably wants 100k a week is the real issue as you say

Could well be an issue but £8m (difference between rumoured 17M and estimated 25M above) does equate to an extra 50K per week over three years, looking at overall cost ???

(And before anyone says, I don't believe for one moment that TB would allow a 'match highest earner' clause in anybody's contract).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I still think a few would pay him that and go to £25m.

A few are quite mismanaged and do a lot of stupid shit, like signing quite average injury prone 28 year olds for £25m and giving them a £100k wage.

I would have preferred keeping Duffy and turning him into a CF.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

Again, I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about Wilson. 28, horrific injury record, massive wages, has hit double figures *once* in 5 seasons (outscoring Murray that season by one goal)

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Wouldn’t go for him now, him and Fraizer basically downed tools and shafted B’muff. Both had dreams of a top six club which have now evaporated coming in for them. Can see Wilson doing the rounds now as desperate clubs hope he rediscovers his previous form.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
A few are quite mismanaged and do a lot of stupid shit, like signing quite average injury prone 28 year olds for £25m and giving them a £100k wage.

I would have preferred keeping Duffy and turning him into a CF.

I can see why you opted for sensible madman tbh.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It seems a little odd that all of the teams in the bottom third of the Premier League seem to be chasing every one of these different European based strikers, regardless of each team's differing style of play, available budget and current squad need. It's almost as if agents trying to talk up their clients are randomly throwing English team names at journalists and social media outlets....

Am I alone in immediately dismissing any rumour that mentions us alongside more than one other bottom half Premier League side?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't be bothered to look through the whole thread but has there been any talk of Idah from Norwich? Promising young player, knows the PL, wouldn't break the bank, knows Connolly and Molumby ... thought he'd be worth a look but seen any rumours.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That's just for you based on your browsing history

I get ads for network management software :lolol:

I got ads for these!

Capture.PNG

I have never googled them and gave up eating meat last year!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't be bothered to look through the whole thread but has there been any talk of Idah from Norwich? Promising young player, knows the PL, wouldn't break the bank, knows Connolly and Molumby ... thought he'd be worth a look but seen any rumours.

Probably more of a goer than all the bullshit rumours then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here