Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I really hope we are in for Maxi Gomez! Leipzig have apparently offered EUR20m to Valencia for him, let the games begin!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Return of Andone with a different attitude perhaps?

Out until at least January I think. I agree, it’s a shame that Potter with the organisational behaviour expertise he is meant to have, couldn’t have got the best out of him. He and Maupay could have made an excellent partnership if Andone in particular could control his temper. He isn’t the best finisher, but he would have been a good foil for Maupay.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Because so many posters seem to think the club are only now starting a striker search post-Nunez fail, and I find that both naive and complacent (the latter because we cannot afford to delay)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I wouldn't worry about it, the fans don't have any bearing on what the club does after all. We have all known for ages the the club has a list of targets, will be pursuing then diligently and will do all it can to sign the right player without breaking the bank. We've signed three strikers in three seasons in the premier league and I expect to get a fourth this summer, hopefully they will be amazing :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Out until at least January I think. I agree, it’s a shame that Potter with the organisational behaviour expertise he is meant to have, couldn’t have got the best out of him. He and Maupay could have made an excellent partnership if Andone in particular could control his temper. He isn’t the best finisher, but he would have been a good foil for Maupay.

There may be a bit more to Andone, if you've seen the vid of him, posted on here, being kicked 'by acciden't and the total lack of social media contacts to him from BHA players....

I am looking forward to having him back, though. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Okay, don’t believe that the club are now carefully considering their striker recruitment options. They did this long ago.

OK. That makes sense. I agree that the club know what they are doing.

My comments about ManU were tongue in cheek.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
we as FANS have to wait and be patient I think, but I don't think anyone is saying that the club should be waiting around now doing nothing, and I don't think the club are, I think people just want to avoid Locadia-esque panic buys

Then we need to get a wiggle on

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well I wouldn't worry about it, the fans don't have any bearing on what the club does after all. We have all known for ages the the club has a list of targets, will be pursuing then diligently and will do all it can to sign the right player without breaking the bank. We've signed three strikers in three seasons in the premier league and I expect to get a fourth this summer, hopefully they will be amazing :)

Okay I will try to chill relax [emoji41]

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There may be a bit more to Andone, if you've seen the vid of him, posted on here, being kicked 'by acciden't and the total lack of social media contacts to him from BHA players....

I am looking forward to having him back, though. [emoji106]
Nonsense. He's one of the most interactive social media presences with other Albion team mates !!!

Seems to be matey with quite a few of them. Wishing glenn and Shane good luck recently.

Think the guy is a bit misunderstood.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Nonsense. He's one of the most interactive social media presences with other Albion team mates !!!

Seems to be matey with quite a few of them. Wishing glenn and Shane good luck recently.

Think the guy is a bit misunderstood.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

A successful recovery from his injury and make a bit of noise in an interview about wanting another chance & i'd take him back. You'd have thought if we wants to succeed then he would have learnt from those red cards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't do another one:-

https://www.footmercato.net/a688387...-premiere-offre-anglaise-pour-bertrand-traore

Reste que le profil de Bertrand Traoré, auteur de 4 buts toutes compétitions confondues la saison passée avec les Gones, dont un but important en Ligue des Champions face au Benfica Lisbonne en phase de poules, est très apprécié en Premier League. Brighton est lui aussi très intéressé, mais n’a pas encore formulé d’offre. Quant à Newcastle, Everton et Crystal Palace (qui pourrait passer à l’action en cas de départ de Wilfried Zaha), ces derniers préfèrent se donner du temps. Enfin, comme nous l’a confié une source proche des Foxes, Leicester n’est plus dans le coup.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

https://www.footmercato.net/a688387...-premiere-offre-anglaise-pour-bertrand-traore

Reste que le profil de Bertrand Traoré, auteur de 4 buts toutes compétitions confondues la saison passée avec les Gones, dont un but important en Ligue des Champions face au Benfica Lisbonne en phase de poules, est très apprécié en Premier League. Brighton est lui aussi très intéressé, mais n’a pas encore formulé d’offre. Quant à Newcastle, Everton et Crystal Palace (qui pourrait passer à l’action en cas de départ de Wilfried Zaha), ces derniers préfèrent se donner du temps. Enfin, comme nous l’a confié une source proche des Foxes, Leicester n’est plus dans le coup.

Decent goalscoring record in the Eredivisie. Get him in.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
According to Vagabond a deal has already been done :

"We have someone lined up. Even by our usual standards we’re exceptionally short of numbers up front now. A deal has been done."

The only problem is he hasn't told us yet. Obviously like the club and keeping it close to his chest.

Ah I have a follower. Excellent.

Did you happen to read the post I was replying to? It may clue you in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Yeah, well that’s easy for them to say.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I am looking forward to having him back, though. :thumbsup:

I’d be delighted to see Andone back. Think he’s a really good player personally.

Would be disappointed if GP couldn’t use his emotional intelligence skills to help him.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset

Lovely lingerie advert on that page.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It is not panic buying to have several suitable options to pursue as early in the window as possible. In fact, that is just good management. Sitting back and allowing the disaster to happen seems to be your strategy. I hope the club are more proactive.

I don't have a strategy as you put it. That's the clubs job.

I'm just not getting stressed about it! None of us actually have a clue whats going on behind the scenes, but I'm certain they're working hard to find the right additions.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I don't have a strategy as you put it. That's the clubs job.

I'm just not getting stressed about it! None of us actually have a clue whats going on behind the scenes, but I'm certain they're working hard to find the right additions.

Exactly, selling clubs stall to try and drive up the price of players as it encourages a bidding war. However, the market just isn’t as hot this year and so taking our time to get the right man from our list seems sensible. I think we definitely need one additional striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As long as we’re not turned down again having been given an hour’s extension

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here