Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I have no desire to see Wilson here, I’d rather take a chance on Solanke :shrug:

Indeed, Wilson is Locadia like for me...

I’d still like us bring in a young L1 or L2 striker for a few million, helping a lower league club survive rather than throwing away 20 million on the latest mercenary or proven PL failure.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Whoever the striker incoming is - always assuming there is one - he's not going to have a lot of Time To Gel with his new team mates before he's needed in action

Last season Maupay scored in the opening game of the season having signed 5 days before. (And the first home game of the season a week later)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have no desire to see Wilson here, I’d rather take a chance on Solanke :shrug:

If we really want to push the boat out lets’s unite him again with Tammy Abraham :thumbsup: *dreamer*

Wilson signing for Newcastle should count as some kind of proof that no sensible team should/would touch him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wilson signing for Newcastle should count as some kind of proof that no sensible team should/would touch him

I’d love us to have Allan Saint Maximin in the Albion squad. Exactly the type of forward/winger we need imo

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

He’s a proven failure, I keep saying it, filling a team with relegated failures is simply preparing to fail with style.

A superb, and costly, fit for Newcastle.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can only think that those who have no desire to see Callum Wilson here are largely the same set of people who had no desire to see Ashley Barnes remain here :shrug:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I can only think that those who have no desire to see Callum Wilson here are largely the same set of people who had no desire to see Ashley Barnes remain here :shrug:

Absolutely not.

Barnes is a superb hard working player, with a nasty streak... Wilson only ‘works’ when it suits his agenda... big fish in a small pond. The aura around St James will be too much for his brittle ego. Barnes, however, would revel in it.

I’m rather surprised you would make that comparison.

Chalk and cheese, with Wilson clearly the latter.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I didn't want Mr Barnes to go, but I don't want callum wilson here either. There is still a bit of time left in this window to pick up the right striker for us, we don't want to get some one in just for the sake of it

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is all OK.

You're right up there for the September bore of the month award, and there are 25 days' of competition left :shrug:

Well you would win that award for me. Congratulations [emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well you would win that award for me. Congratulations [emoji3060]

Ner, ner, ner ner, ner

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So another of our rivals look like making a striker signing. And, of course, the NSC know-it-alls diss The Toon and Wilson, clearly demonstrating they haven’t got a clue.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can we try and get pukki on the cheap. Still see this one as realistic

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can we try and get pukki on the cheap. Still see this one as realistic

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

About time you chivvied up your sauces dwayne

You've been basking in the Potter one long enough :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So another of our rivals look like making a striker signing. And, of course, the NSC know-it-alls diss The Toon and Wilson, clearly demonstrating they haven’t got a clue.

I think Toon are doing very well this window. If they can tie up Fraser, Lewis and Rogerio along with Hendrick & Wilson, they’ll have a good go at a top 10 finish.

For me, Wilson does not offer the type of value we normally look for. His injury record is a slight concern too. But would he score 10+ for us next season? I think he would and I think he’ll get that up north.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Toon are doing very well this window. If they can tie up Fraser, Lewis and Rogerio along with Hendrick & Wilson, they’ll have a good go at a top 10 finish.

For me, Wilson does not offer the type of value we normally look for. His injury record is a slight concern too. But would he score 10+ for us next season? I think he would and I think he’ll get that up north.

Hmmm l'm not as convinced as you, bedding five new signings into the squad won't be as easy as some think, it will take them a while to adapt and find some form.

I don't see the Toon climbing the table that much to be honest.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hmmm l'm not as convinced as you, bedding five new signings into the squad won't be as easy as some think, it will take them a while to adapt and find some form.

I don't see the Toon climbing the table that much to be honest.

Also makes it more difficult for Bruce to give his probable pre-game tactical instruction "guys, just do what Rafa told you to do".

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

So on one hand our clueless recruitment team "wasted time" pursuing Nunez, who said publically he wants to join Benfica at the 11th hour. But now Wilson has said he wants to join Newcastle and Villa have pulled out because of player expressing Newcastle preference, still our recruitment team is clueless for not pursuing him?

And that's not in any way fickle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here