Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Right now I just want some exciting rumours to fill in time. At least until the season starts anyway.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
All gone quiet re Watkins, Josh King, Origi, Brewster. Other teams have already spunked their transfer kitties. Still some way to go in the window.
Time to hold our nerve. TB in charge who will certainly be able to hold his nerve.
We don't desperately need a striker for the start of the season,although we do need one in before the end of the window. We'll get a good one in but we'll have a list of targets and so losing out on one won't be a disaster.
Key thing is that we have the budget for it in terms of fee and wages. Same goes for the LWB.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All gone quiet re Watkins, Josh King, Origi, Brewster. Other teams have already spunked their transfer kitties. Still some way to go in the window.
Time to hold our nerve. TB in charge who will certainly be able to hold his nerve.
We don't desperately need a striker for the start of the season,although we do need one in before the end of the window. We'll get a good one in but we'll have a list of targets and so losing out on one won't be a disaster.
Key thing is that we have the budget for it in terms of fee and wages. Same goes for the LWB.
well we all know the big deals are always late in the window (for other teams) strikers and Brighton aren’t a good mix :lolol:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

well the Nunez chase has shown we are prepared to pay 20 million + on a striker. That in itself is good and therefore elevates us into Watkins territory/King etc if needed or required.

Re transfer budget I think the club have played a blinder so far, spent less than 1 mill for a dutch International and got Lallana on a free. We have shipped out Montoya/Duffy/Murray/Clarke with Button and probably Bernardo to leave as well. Thus creating funds for improved contracts (Dunk and White) and for a couple of new Key signings...Well played so far!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
King has the same agent as Østigård so we may have at least had a conversation while chatting about Leo's loan.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Chris wood. Realistic and burnley need the funds. Also ripped dunk apart in the last game so clearly pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

The only issue if we end up with a striker from abroad and he comes in relatively late, we could end up seeing him have to quarantine for 2 weeks and by the time he's done some training and got up to speed we might not see him until late October.

Or is there a rule for footballers that they don't have to quarantine as they are deemed 'special cases'? Anyone know?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
How many threads, over how many transfer windows, have we spent wittering about the fabled new striker? I am in the camp that says Brighton do not sign strikers, and that Potter will come up with some new strategy for putting the ball in the net.

The one time we signed somebody who looked the part, he turned out to be a nutter (allegedly).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Depends how you look at it. 5 games are played before the window shuts. Stakes are high in the prem and weakness is exposed. With 2 strikers that puts us at a disadvantage from the word go , not to mention what a tight rope we would be walking. Even when we had Glenn we could bring on a threat to change the game.
Hopefully adding Llanna means we will have additional goals in the side so you are right and we can get through the first 5 without too many worries.

I'm not worried and I'm sure the club are on it but I would argue we do desperately need at least 1 more striker for the first game.

Agree on your other points

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
2 strikers, one must be experienced, the other can be an improver... but we cant be light again. I think however, Connolly if he stays fit, can get us 15+ with the right supply.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Seems like “same old, same old” to me - every summer, we agree that we urgently need a decent goal scorer, and yet by the close of the transfer window, we haven’t signed one.

We then say we’ll make do with our current squad until we can sign a striker in January, and in the meantime, ask other players to step-up by contributing a few goals.

Then next summer, we’ll repeat the process :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many threads, over how many transfer windows, have we spent wittering about the fabled new striker? I am in the camp that says Brighton do not sign strikers, and that Potter will come up with some new strategy for putting the ball in the net.

The one time we signed somebody who looked the part, he turned out to be a nutter (allegedly).

It's funny to read Albion fans discussing a new striker.

We've been so beaten down by the (non) process some, sure only the myopic unable to think ones, are even happy to get Chris Woods - and even they are going to be disappointed. :lolol:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I fully expect Connolly/Maupay to increase their tallies next season.

Happy that we identify two players to back them up, rather than go all out for the marquee signing.
If that is Gyokeres +1 other, then so be it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Neil Maupay was our fabled new striker last Summer and we are all very happy he is at the club. No reason we can’t repeat this window.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I fully expect Connolly/Maupay to increase their tallies next season.

Happy that we identify two players to back them up, rather than go all out for the marquee signing.
If that is Gyokeres +1 other, then so be it.

I don't think it's fair to ask more of Maupay - double figures is the benchmark and that is fine.
Connolly needs to get there, if not this season then he needs to be so close he all but guarantees it for the next.

Similar could be said of Trossard and to a lesser extent Jocko.

While everyone else chips in with an extra goal or two (looking at you Biss/Dunk/Gross/Propper et al)

Add a cheap, third choice, 5 goal, different, experienced, striker into that mix and happy days.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't think it's fair to ask more of Maupay - double figures is the benchmark and that is fine.
Connolly needs to get there, if not this season then he needs to be so close he all but guarantees it for the next.

Similar could be said of Trossard and to a lesser extent Jocko.

While everyone else chips in with an extra goal or two (looking at you Biss/Dunk/Gross/Propper et al)

Add a cheap, third choice, 5 goal, different, experienced, striker into that mix and happy days.

Yeah that's fair, I just think Maupay has the scope to increase his tally, not that he should be aiming at too much higher.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
4dopbz.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here