Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Whatever is going on with recruitment I would suggest the press and therefore all of us are at least a week behind on what’s really going on. I think TB threw his cards in last week regards Núñez for example. Anyone mentioned Troy Deeney to us yet?

Troy Deeney, seriously? 32yo, and according to the Watford fans he's nowhere his previous levels. Watford also want to loan not sell allegedly.

That really would be pretty desperate stuff

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As the story goes, Gomez was being lined up by Barca to replace Suarez. That may be total rubbish, but I still think it would be a hard deal for us to complete (would be ecstatic if we pulled it off though)

I hope we are after someone of Gomez's I'll, or at least a mysterious foreign import. Just something with excitement basically.

Couldn't think of a more meh signing than Dia if I tried. I'd rather just promote Gyokeres. And Brewster just kicks the 'replace Glenn Murray' can a further year down the road.

Nunez really would've been perfect, great shame we lost out, though it never really looked like he was coming here. Don't know why there are rumours of some Italian signing floating around, but that might be interesting.

Hopefully this is just the calm before the storm and we'll have a flurry of exciting signings, and we aren't just settling for mediocre.

Spot on fella!

And much sooner keep the 13 odd million to put it towards something better later, and loan someone this season. Better than trying more turd polishing by going for another average 'locadia'esque' dross squad filler.

What will it be? Barndoor Boulaye or Donkey Dia! the agony of choice :lol:

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Troy Deeney, seriously? 32yo, and according to the Watford fans he's nowhere his previous levels. Watford also want to loan not sell allegedly.

That really would be pretty desperate stuff

Totally agree! Surprised he’s not been mentioned though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Danny Wellbeck on loan, with an option, wouldn’t surprise me.
Similar to the Mooy deal.
I’d be happy with this, if he was fit. Big if, I give you.

Really? Wow, I would be quite disappointed with that personally. He seems like a Palace or Hammers type signing. Doesn’t fit our model.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Really? Wow, I would be quite disappointed with that personally. He seems like a Palace or Hammers type signing. Doesn’t fit our model.

Yeah, he wouldn’t be a sexy signing. I have a hunch he has a good season in him, with the carrot of the Euros in 2021. Looks like he’s going to Saints anyway. I’d sooner Wellbeck than....no one. Talk of Gómez and even Nunez is a little fanciful imho.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I thought that Watkins would be at Villa by now. As we keep our powder dry I can see that this has more credibility as the window progresses.
I think we are playing a waiting game with the big fish to catch potentially being at the end of the window. In most windows it’s a hot market and prices creep up. This one is different and quite possibly a bit of patience will pay off.

‘A bit of patience’ will mean we are left with the dregs and panic buys. Terrible strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
‘A bit of patience’ will mean we are left with the dregs and panic buys. Terrible strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is what it means, whereas others have their targets in and ready, the others are fighting over the last turkeys in the shop

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I thought that Watkins would be at Villa by now. As we keep our powder dry I can see that this has more credibility as the window progresses.
I think we are playing a waiting game with the big fish to catch potentially being at the end of the window. In most windows it’s a hot market and prices creep up. This one is different and quite possibly a bit of patience will pay off.

very much my thoughts re Watkins..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dan Burn’s going up front and will be the first player in league history to surpass the 20 goal mark without ever using his feet.

More likely:-

Dan Burn’s going up front and will be the first player in league history to have 20 goals disallowed by VAR.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Is Akinfenwa available?

Or could Adam Virgo be tempted out of retirement?

This is all beginning to make my bald spot itch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here