Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it all kicks off again ... Lancs v Sussex

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That ground at Aigburth is lovely. I played for 4 seasons for Aigburth CC when I was a student up there. Its SO flat though, its an absolute BUGGER to get a wicket on (for a mere club cricketer). At the time it was reckoned to be the 3rd best track in the country, after The Oval and Hove.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Their record agaisnt us at the Liverpool CC is pretty good I imagine, plus it must be raining in Manchester...

Yep, Liverpool is a good place for Sussex sides. However, I would recommend the Sussex lads take the minimum amount of personal possesions and as few credit cards and money as possible.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Aigburth. Nice.

2587110335_5e01be1573.jpg

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
That ground at Aigburth is lovely. I played for 4 seasons for Aigburth CC when I was a student up there. Its SO flat though, its an absolute BUGGER to get a wicket on (for a mere club cricketer). At the time it was reckoned to be the 3rd best track in the country, after The Oval and Hove.

Comms reckon the pitch will get worse over the next few days and would be surprised if it lasted 3 days! Would explain why we batted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Comms reckon the pitch will get worse over the next few days and would be surprised if it lasted 3 days! Would explain why we batted.

Ha. This was 20 years ago, and to be fair, it didn't get much chance to deteriorate over the course of a Saturday afternoon!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And so the rot has set in. The rightful champions have warmed up, and now they're about the put us to the sword :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here