Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it all kicks off again ... Lancs v Sussex

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Unbelievably, Sussex are currently enjoying the best start to the new season of all the teams batting.

The Independent newspaper made a very optimistic prediction this morning of Sussex avoiding relegation in 7th place.

Obvious bollocks given that they have only got Lancashire down for a disappointing mid-table finish...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's the etiquette here? Can we be positive during the lunch / tea breaks, or do we need to remain cautiously pessimistic throughout?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I have, from a reliable source, that Robbo would have been happy with 220 on this strip, so all in all, a good solid start

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
131290.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's the etiquette here? Can we be positive during the lunch / tea breaks, or do we need to remain cautiously pessimistic throughout?

You are perfectly at liberty to be positive, if you are able to find any tiny crumb of comfort in this HOPELESS situation, to be positive about. :nono:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
108 runs from edges and extras I expect. No way we'll get anywhere near 150. Lanky are literally TOYING with us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At a glance, 123/2 looks almost decent but on closer inspection of the scorecard you can clearly tell it is a load of bollocks and that someone in Liverpoool is taking the piss.

Scouse wit: I know, we'll tell everyone that Sussex are batting well.

Well you thick bindippers, I'm not fooled. Your crappy made up scorecard has Saj Mahmood with no wickets and 44 runs against his name in his first 12 overs. You'll have to do better than that to catch us out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Muzza gone

I know it's only based upon a single knock this season, but is it 1 season and a Division too high for Murray now? (Goodwin not Glenn).

When we were last in Div 1 he had a poor season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here