Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it all kicks off again ... Lancs v Sussex

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
"Here for the cricket, we're only here for the cricket"

Dont forget to bag your tickets for the India game at Hove early doors as bound to sell out.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a tough start for Sussex, almost not worth turning up to play the "true champions"
I was thinking that. Probably best if we just let the record books show that Lancashire racked up 600-0 declared and then bowled us out twice for 17 and 14 - and all before lunch on the first day. Bound to be better that what'll actually happen.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hallo Moonie. Great to have you in this trench for the summer game!

Hear!Hear! Especially if all your contributions are going to be so accurate.

The neglect shown by Nobbo during the close season has left us at least 4 players short of even competing in Div 1. Lancashire must be licking their lips at the prospect of an easy win as the first step in their march to yet another title.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Thought Liddle might have been in the squad for this one, bit of variety to the attack, hasn't got injured again has he?

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
A really tough test with three England stars missing for Sussex but I think there are several exciting youngsters coming through.
Would love Joe Gatting to have a great season.

PS Gus is a cricket fan- probably one of the few Uruguyans to understand the game!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ok, I will go with your call, but there seems a lot of names on there that have not got a lot of Sussex 4 day county experience under their belt (if you catch my drift). I agree re: the batting line up looking week, if Wells is in the XII one of him or Gatting is definitely playing (if not both, will Monty play in the first week in April on what is most likely to be a green seamer???) Still to paraphrase a fine saying "in Robbo we trust".

Surely both Wells and Gatting will play otherwise the batting is far too light - and there's no need to go in with six bowlers (or seven counting Nash)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Aigburth is usually a result wicket and particularly seam friendly at this time of year I imagine.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
In both the Guardian and the Indie we're tipped for 7th in the CC which i'd take.

Both have Worcester to go down

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well as aready mentioned, we are doing a Wolves and putting our Div 1 survial plan into action immediatly.

Why put up a strong side agaisnt the champions elect, play our youngsters so they can experience how to cope with crushing defeats and even perhaps learn from the top team in English cricket.

Wells is quality and may even manage double figures agaisnt them, I hear when they play down at Hove later this month we may even give them a victory guard of honour on to the pitch, I mean what could go wrong and stop them winning another trophy, not our inexperienced youngsters....

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Rumour has it that Kirk Werners is the man to miss out...

Ed Joyce
Chris Nash
Ben Brown (w)
Murray Goodwin (c)
Joe Gatting
Luke Wells
Naveed Arif
Rana Naved
Amjad Khan
James Anyon
Monty Panesar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports