Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So does anyone have any idea who this striker is that Gus wants to sign??

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Not too bad or otherwise he is out with a broken leg (remember the El Hadji Diouf incident?) I very much doubt we are going to sign someone in this transfer window who is unavailable while recovering from a broken leg.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I've seen Mackies name mentioned before, a proven championship goalscorer but doesn't fit in with the description Gus gave of the kind of striker he is looking for

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I think Mackie was the player referred to as having agreed to come to us prior to going to QPR but his agent was using other clubs for leverage.

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
Very much agree with this, Painter has been skinned too many times already this season, and we've yet to come up against the best wingers. I think this was part of Gus' thinking in bring Lua Lua on yesterday as his pace provided much needed cover (as good as Noone is, he doesn't get back as quickly as Kazenga).

As for the mystery striker, unless the special one arrives I'd be happy with Lomana on loan.
what you on??? kazenga never gets back to cover, as noone was before he was taken off, painter was rather exposed when lua lua came on. watch the game again, you'll agree

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Someone in the mould of West Hams Carew is what we need . ...... " A player with a presence "......plus lua lua sn on a deal to jan1st.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Patrick Agyemang fits the bill. Funny I was thinking about him yesterday when he came on for QPR, that was his only start (as sub) in the first team under Warnock.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Maybe nothing in this but two guys walking to the platinum lounge had Congo tracksuits on,one looked like Llamona Lua Lua,but they may have been there just to watch Kazenga...just a thought.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
what you on??? kazenga never gets back to cover, as noone was before he was taken off, painter was rather exposed when lua lua came on. watch the game again, you'll agree

Kaz definitely made a quality tackle around our box a little while after he came on.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
As tempted as I am to start a new thread about this, I'm going to bottle it and predict a signing on someone else's.
I've heard a whisper from a couple of friends that George Boyde is in advanced talks with us. We will see.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
As tempted as I am to start a new thread about this, I'm going to bottle it and predict a signing on someone else's.
I've heard a whisper from a couple of friends that George Boyde is in advanced talks with us. We will see.

Not doubting you, but even though he is a qaulity player I dint see where he would fit in and it would be a pointless signing IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here