Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Crewe are the WORST team in the league ?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
On that basis we ought to comfortably win tomorrow, and I expect us to do so, or at least get a draw....

....but what about another scenario, we loose (as we tend to do at Gresty Road when we go in need of a victory) and Shef Wed get a result, surely we have to at least question a future under McGhee, as Crewe are no worse than 50% of the sides we will be doomed to play if (and its still just an 'if') we go down.

On recent performances we are slightly better, but I'm still not prepared to believe that with fresh ideas at the helm, we couldnt at least start to build a side for next season.

Anything other than a point should be unacceptable, and Dick 'Silent' Knight has to come out and publically back or sack McGhee, unless he is (as rumoured) the only board member to have 100% faith in the manager

Last edited:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Rougvie said:
On that basis we ought to comfortably win tomorrow, and I expect us to do so, or at least get a draw....

....but what about another scenario, we loose (as we tend to do at Gresty Road when we go in need of a victory) and Shef Wed get a result, surely we have to at least question a future under McGhee, as Crewe are no worse than 50% of the sides we will be doomed to play if (and its still just an 'if') we go down.

On recent performances we are slightly better, but I'm still not prepared to believe that with fresh ideas at the helm, we couldnt at least start to build a side for next season.

Anything other than a point should be unacceptable, and Dick 'Silent' Knight has to come out and publically back or sack McGhee, unless he is (as rumoured) the only board member to have 100% faith in the manager

I think we've established if we lose tomorrow and Sheff Wed win then he has to go

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Full of negative rumours as usual, eh Roooouggerrrs?

We could debate this for the rest of the season, but any sane fan knows McGhee performed a miracle getting us into this division and will be given at least half a season in division two if we are relegated. Given Dick Knight's record, i expect even a bottom half finish in division two next season wouldn't pull the trigger.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Benny Zamora said:
McGhee performed a miracle getting us into this division

Did he, weren't we top (or second) when he took over, you're talking as if we were in the bottom half with ten games to go, that's a miracle.

E

enigma

I dont know about comfortably, but I would hope we would win. A draw wouldnt be a disaster but 3 points is essential to our hopes of staying up.

Maybe Knights confidence is MAgoo is so strong that he feels he doesnt need to back him right now, as backing him could give the impression of a vote of confidence.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
What if Carole puts 10 quality crosses into the box but we haven't got a targetman to finish it off?

What if i pull an absolute minger somewhere in Lancashire tonight and spend the entire game wondering where my life is going wrong?

Oh, hang on...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
O Lads said:
Did he, weren't we top (or second) when he took over, you're talking as if we were in the bottom half with ten games to go, that's a miracle.

I think most people agreed that we were very mediocre that season and didn't particularly deserve to go up. It was a pretty tedious season until the playoffs. We were exceptionally lucky to beat Swindon and Bristol City had a significantly more talented group of players than us. It was McGhee's organisation and the players' belief in him that got us through. Not to mention the achievement of keeping us up last season.

What i'm saying is that we could debate whether he's the right man for the job until Jason Dodd comes back, it won't change the obvious fact that the board will give him time even if we are relegated.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
crewe are no way a million miles behind us and all this talk of winning is pretty optimistic and blind .
Even last year when we had a similar situation at Rotherham with arguably a team more built for a dog fight and against a team blatantly worse than crewe we still only just sneaked a win , and if i remember it took a brilliant diving header in the 90th minute from oatway to save us.

This talk of winning easy is nonsense. We have to be bang on our game to get anything . Anything else and we will lose. Simple as

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Benny Zamora said:
Full of negative rumours as usual, eh Roooouggerrrs?

Absolutely BEN, maybe I should go back to doing loads of drugs, the highs and lows, didn't seem to be as bad as the high of being in the minibus for 4 hours with your mates and the low of coming back after watching 2 hours of dross mastermined by someone with all the tactical skills of a roadkilled hedgehog, who then blames everyone but himself.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Yes, we were top when Coppell left but by the time Mcgee had arrived we were falling out of the play-offs, (about 8th I think) so in many ways it was a miracle. but I agree if we loose tomorrow that should be that for Mcghee.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
Absolutely BEN, maybe I should go back to doing loads of drugs, the highs and lows, didn't seem to be as bad as the high of being in the minibus for 4 hours with your mates and the low of coming back after watching 2 hours of dross mastermined by someone with all the tactical skills of a roadkilled hedgehog, who then blames everyone but himself.

That is unfair on roadkilled hedgehogs!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Did i get a minibus with you once? That would have been wicked. You going tomorrow you sexy Scottish beast?

I think the backing or sacking thing you mentioned worries me too. I remember when he said Hinshelwood had a certain number of games left. From then on he had no chance.

Rougvie said:
On that basis we ought to comfortably win tomorrow,

Really? Why then have you put several posts on here over the past week where you said a draw would be a decent result given our past record against Crewe. Contradicting youself yet again?

I guess when your agenda is so anti-McGhee, you'll argue anything that's convienient at the time that allows you to better put the boot in. Pretty transparant behaviour.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The point I am TRYING to make is just when exactly some sort of point is reached where McGhee has to be told enough is enough.

If someone working for me is underacheiving I set them a goal to work towards, just what exactly is McGhee's, releagtion ??

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Re: Re: So Crewe are the WORST team in the league ?

London Irish said:
Really? Why then have you put several posts on here over the past week where you said a draw would be a decent result given our past record against Crewe. Contradicting youself yet again?

I guess when your agenda is so anti-McGhee, you'll argue anything that's convienient at the time that allows you to better put the boot in. Pretty transparant behaviour.

New Labour at its very WORST, copying and pasting to suit yourself, what I actually wrote (and its evident for only YOU to see) was

'On that basis we ought to comfortably win tomorrow, and I expect us to do so, or at least get a draw....'

What part of that do you not understand ??

I dont often name call, but you really are a f***ing prick.

Repugnant Toad said:
I think that's taking it a fraction far ... weren't we top when Coppell left?

Ah, by why not tell the truth about where we were when McGhee arrived, which was not top, but falling like a stone down the league?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
You've just answered your own question. McGhee's goal is to keep us up. If we lose 5-0 tomorrow he can still do that. WHEN he fails to achieve that goal, i.e. if we are relegated, the board will tell him what they expect in division 2 next season.

Not rocket science is it? Unless you think losing to Crewe AND having no manager would be a good combination for the rest of the season?

Ooooh let's have a heated DEBAAATE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here