Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So..Brighton fans are twats!!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I can't see why we'd be interested in a club who don't even play in our TV area. Southampton are no more our rivals than are Reading, Swindon or Oxford.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think Adkins is a good coach, two promotions in two years is a superb achievement, you had financial backing, but he used it well (unlike Dalglish for example). I think the same is true of Poyet, we play decent football.

I do think Adkins was petty in relation to the lack of acknowledgement when we won the league by not allowing a guard of honour. It doesn't stop the team trying to win the match afterwards, it came across as small minded and graceless.

Brighton fans aren't all twats, no more than Saints fans are. If you start a thread with that title it is going to provoke a reaction.

I think the original comments were in relation to the pictures from MoTD. There were noticeable gaps in the seats, which did surprise me a bit, not helped by Wigan bringing next to no one due to a clash with a black pudding convention back home.

Having said that Wigan are not an attractive draw, and The Dell had a low capacity, so it is difficult to work out what a benchmark crowd will be for you this season. Whatever it is, enjoy!

Good post...agree entirely

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sweet Jesus :ohmy:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346019502.053248.jpg

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Once title rivals 2 seasons ago, that's all it was. I don't really like Saints fans or Adkins but I think Southampton play nice football.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Yeah dont care about us and laugh it off but decide to go out way and make a comment about us, yeah dont find us a worry yeah whatever. Enjoy your one year in premiership and overspending and then years afterwards of trying to counteract your overspend eg doing a pompey whilst we enjoy trying to go up and filling our stadium lol.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Definately looked well below 29k from the masses of seats that were empty in the home stands. Really surprised in this era that a first home game in the premiership didn't sell out.

Obviously they are counting non-attending STHs in their attendance figures (just as we are, it would seem). There's no way that stadium was only 3,000 short of capacity. For a start, Wigan only have a small away following and there were seemingly masses of empty seats in the home stands.

Really does render 'attendance' figures completely meaningless.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Not being funny but saints started the 'rivalry' since we mugged you off on sky 3-1 and we didnt really care about the rivalry. did you bollocks have 29,600!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
if like you say "we are not your rivals", and you dont care about us, why then do you have 51 posts on our message board? you've very active for someone who doesnt care...

and if you think we're 'twats' for mocking the fact that you couldnt fill you're stadium on your first league game back in the premiership then i dread to think what you might label half southampton fans that post constant drivel on this website.

:facepalm:

When/If we reach the premiership our stadium will hold 31,000 which im sure we'll have no problem filling considering our attendances are now around 25,000 while in the championship.

See you next year!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Do people still give a shit about that noddy team from that shit ferry town?
I thought it was just a comprehensively beating them to the div 1 title thing. Surely we are going to miss them next year as we go up and they go down? Where are they in the league again?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Adkins is a good manager imo. The mistake he made, along with most stains fans, was thinking that stains were a cut above the rest in the championship and didn't have to build much, BIG mistake. They were not even champions, they were over dependent on home form and were a match for about the top 8 or 9 teams. th ey needed about 8 or 9 players, they signed 2.

Adkins is good because of the way he gets the team to play to its strengths. in the top tier that wont work as you need quality everywhere, and home advantage wont save you.

Obvious relegation fodder.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Nigel Adkins is Mike Bassett in disguise
When he talks in a press conference it's embarrassing
Mike Bassett took England to the semis of the world cup & couldn't take them any further the same with Adkins took saints to the prem but no further .

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Lets not chuckle too loudly about the prospect of Adkins getting the sack - it's not hard to guess which successful south coast manager would be one of their favourite replacements.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Have you really got nothing better to do then talk about us? I never really got the ' rivalry ' that you lot tried to start, and just laughed it off.

Your laughing at the attendance for our first league game? 29,600 is not a bad start really isit? how many does your stadium hold? and you still dont sell out!!

We had a bad game yesterday, wigan played well, we played shit! We know we need some signings, but last weekened against city, showed what we can do.

Anyway, enjoy another season of failure in the championship. your be lucky to make the play offs, then all your fans will fall away!
Eh? I haven't seen any Southampton threads - but I'm not on here every day so I accept some may have slipped past me.

And with regard to the 'rivalry' I'll admit to being one of those who tried to talk it up when we were both in the same division, but even I've lost interest now. Indeed I (almost) want Southampton to do well as it could be a guide to how we'd cope in the Premiership and I cheered your goals against Man City as loudly as any Saints fan. Finally you'll have to forgive us our obsession with attendances. For years, decades even, we never got 20,000+ crowds on a regular basis for league games and we still can't quite believe it. Some of our more excitable fans are a bit over-enthusiastic, but given our recent history I certainly don't blame them.

Given the tone of your original post this is a far politer reply than you deserve, but like I say, I have no real ill-feeling towards Southampton at the moment. Have a good season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here