Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So am I the only person here who will be supporting Crawley on Saturday?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nope , I'm supporting Crawley too - I REALLY hope they stuff the Manc C**ts

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Just ignore some of the fuckwits on here. That post from supaseagull was the post of a f***ing moron, it was so factually incorrect.

All this guff about them eating into our fanbase. For fucks sake, we've had a clear run of a county with nearly 2m people for 100 years and made a pigs ear of it. I can't believe anyone can begrudge Crawley their day in the sun. If I lived in Crawley, I'd probably go to OT too.

Just fucks me off that some low life probably unemployed father of 4 (different mums) with nothing better to do than sit on NSC all day steortypes crawley and probably 80% of its residents......i bet if they got up off there sofa bed, walked to there shopping parade and brought a paper, the chances and I would lay most of my money on it is that the person selling the paper, is A not white and B Not from Brighton. tossers

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just fucks me off that some low life probably unemployed father of 4 (different mums) with nothing better to do than sit on NSC all day steortypes crawley and probably 80% of its residents......i bet if they got up off there sofa bed, walked to there shopping parade and brought a paper, the chances and I would lay most of my money on it is that the person selling the paper, is A not white and B Not from Brighton. tossers
It's easy to sneer at Crawley's chavs from Brighton (so overpriced that you have to work 90 mins away in London to pay the mortgage) or any number of other dreary seaside "resorts" with f*** all to be proud of. Crawley has chavs, but it also has jobs, and the ugly 60s buildings are being replaced because things actually tend to get built in Crawley without the nimbys holding the town to randsom. Of course I know this because I actually GO to Crawley from time to time. You'll find that too many sneering gimps on here haven't actually been there for over a decade - just ignore them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All this guff about them eating into our fanbase. For fucks sake, we've had a clear run of a county with nearly 2m people for 100 years and made a pigs ear of it. I can't believe anyone can begrudge Crawley their day in the sun. If I lived in Crawley, I'd probably go to OT too.

Judging by some of the stereotypical postings and attacking those that wish Crawley well, I don't think these paranoid people need worry about CTFC eating into BHAFC's fanbase, they are doing a bloody good job of alienating all Brighton supporters from the Crawley area anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think one of the reasons for Crawley "chavs" is because if you ask any of the Brighton doormen they will all say that its the groups from Crawley that they want to refuse entry.

Apparantly they have a reputation for coming down to Brighton and, well basically, kicking off.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Having just read this
'For every minute Crawley hold out v #mufc, @EONFACUP giving £200 to @HelpforHeroes. Btw...Crawley keeper Kuipers is ex-Dutch marine' via Henry Winter on Twitter I have decided I want them to get 0-0 not for Crawley but for Help for Heroes

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
From Mediawatch on football365.com today.

Romance
The Sun try to whip up 'FA Cup' fever this morning by featuring Crawley Town, manager Steve Evans and their new, shiny Currant Bun-sponsored shirts on their back page.

'THE SUN HELPS KEEP FA CUP ROMANCE ALIVE' brags the paper.

A non-league side visiting the biggest club in the land certainly does make for a cute story, but ask around in the less-glamourous parts of the football ladder, and you won't find many warm-hearts over Evans or Crawley's big day out.

For, as anyone will tell you, if there's one non-league club that doesn't need the riches that an FA Cup run, or sponsorship from a national newspaper, brings then it's Crawley, co-owned as they are by businessman Bruce Winfield, who with the help of some backers from Hong Kong, has made them richer than most clubs in Leagues One and Two. Indeed, they spent more on transfers last summer than every club in League Two combined.

And Evans? Well, he's never been Johnny Popular since he received a suspended prison sentence in 2006, after his involvement in a tax fraud while Boston manager in 2002. The wheeze was simple - declaring players were paid much less than they actually received, the difference being paid through 'expenses', on which no tax should be paid.

Boston were fined £100,000 and docked four points the following season, something that wasn't much help to Dagenham and Redbridge, who missed out on promotion to Boston on goal difference that season.

Still, it is a cute story.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's easy to sneer at Crawley's chavs from Brighton (so overpriced that you have to work 90 mins away in London to pay the mortgage) or any number of other dreary seaside "resorts" with f*** all to be proud of. Crawley has chavs, but it also has jobs, and the ugly 60s buildings are being replaced because things actually tend to get built in Crawley without the nimbys holding the town to randsom. Of course I know this because I actually GO to Crawley from time to time. You'll find that too many sneering gimps on here haven't actually been there for over a decade - just ignore them.
Yes, hard to argue with that. Crawley doesn't seem to be nearly so reactionary as Brighton: they're not so terrified of cars or new buildings as a lot of the tossers (both in and out of the Council) here are. I too go to Crawley a fair amount as we have friends there (if Maidenbower counts as Crawley) and we walk the dogs in Tilgate Park which is a smashing place.

Still hate the ***** though.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
The comments section in The Guardian today give an insight as to how most football fans feel about 'little' Crawley Town. It's nothing to do with them being local, I just hate them.

Having had the great misfortune to visit the Broadfield stadium last weekend, I hope Manchester United stick 7 or 8 past Crawley.
Horrible team, horrible manager, horrible fans. If they do bring 9,000 to Old Trafford, it will be 8,963 more than they brought a similar distance up to Wrexham for a crucial BSP match.
Good luck to Orient though

Oh, and I wouldn't describe Crawley as blue chip stock, more the Enron of the BSP.

Would love to be playing a proper non league club. Hope we twat these clowns.

Has there ever been a more loathed underdog than Crawley?

Crawley's mysterious unknown backers and their convicted tax fraudster manager are about as far from the magic of the cup as you could possibly get.
They have recruited some excellent (and expensive) mercenary footballers while they still have this funding and will give Man United's distracted prima donnas a hell of a fright.
It's just one more nail in the coffin of what was once a unique and unparalleled competition though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The comments section in The Guardian today give an insight as to how most football fans feel about 'little' Crawley Town. It's nothing to do with them being local, I just hate them.

Having had the great misfortune to visit the Broadfield stadium last weekend, I hope Manchester United stick 7 or 8 past Crawley.
Horrible team, horrible manager, horrible fans. If they do bring 9,000 to Old Trafford, it will be 8,963 more than they brought a similar distance up to Wrexham for a crucial BSP match.
Good luck to Orient though

Oh, and I wouldn't describe Crawley as blue chip stock, more the Enron of the BSP.

Would love to be playing a proper non league club. Hope we twat these clowns.

Has there ever been a more loathed underdog than Crawley?

Crawley's mysterious unknown backers and their convicted tax fraudster manager are about as far from the magic of the cup as you could possibly get.
They have recruited some excellent (and expensive) mercenary footballers while they still have this funding and will give Man United's distracted prima donnas a hell of a fright.
It's just one more nail in the coffin of what was once a unique and unparalleled competition though.

Guardian...your having a laugh, thats means your intelligent and I am not sure thats right based on some of the tosh you write........

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Guardian...your having a laugh, thats means your intelligent and I am not sure thats right based on some of the tosh you write........

....and what "tosh" would that be? I'm sorry, but I fail to see any "romance" in this particular "FA Cup fairytale".

Oh, and it's "you're" not "your".

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
no, i want us to be the lowest ranking team in the next round so that EVERYONE is looking at us.

I like attention :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here