Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking at the Amex

brightonbozzo79

Oct 19, 2011
I am a smoker and just don't understand why there is nowhere we can smoke at the ground. Would it of been hard to designate us a small section when the stadium was designed to get our fix? I have seen a few people thrown out for smoking in the North stand i don't know if they have been banned or what. What do people think?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I am a smoker and completly disagree with the smoking ban BUT it has been banned, thats life unfortunatly, it is illegal to know smoke inside anywhere so if the club had a designated area they would be breaking the law

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wait for a number of people who make a rush for the bar before half time every game to come on here and ask you why you can't go without a fag for 90 mins

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Don't think that you can get back in again though?

I am a smoker, it's ok to smoke on the concourse, TBH it's only a couple of hours at most to wait once inside the ground, so not really a problem :smokin:

Fur Cough

Don't think that you can get back in again though?

This is true, I have been a smoker for near on 30 years and consider myself well and truly addicted but do not feel the need to smoke where I am not allowed, this should really be the same for everyone. Christ sake it's really not that hard to abstain for a couple of hours.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
On the subject, Isn't it illegal if you exit the stadium to re'enter it without a new ticket?

My missus who I told she can't smoke, went at ht at Millwall to get a coke and a beer and when we came back said they opened up the exits to let you out and smoke.

This isn't right is it?

brightonbozzo79

Oct 19, 2011
yep we were allowed to smoke in a section out the back of the stand at Millwall I just don't see what the problem is it affects nobody. It is more of a problem people risking it in the concourse and risking trouble.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The exotic bouquet of wafting nicotine would surely be preferable to the pungent emissions of the West Stand Lower's serial farter. Whoever it is, they are capable of producing non-stop botty burps (of I'd guess a 1974/5 vintage) for 90 minutes solid plus stoppage time. The club are definately missing a trick on this one - the Amex 'Superstore' could make a killing selling (or at least hiring out on a match by match basis) blue and white striped gas masks.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Two and half hours (if you enter the ground well before kick off) without a cig and people moan really makes me wonder how people cope on a flight to the States or similar

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just think of all the cigarettes you won't smoke while incacerated in the Amex, add them up over as season and it should give you a few minutes extra life...maybe enough to get an extra game in before you are consumed by cancer or emphasema.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here