Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking at the Amex

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Just give up smoking. I cant believe anyone still smokes these days. It's ridiculously expensive, stinks, and is going to kill you. And it's not that hard to give up.

From an irritating, self-righteous ex-smoker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just give up smoking. I cant believe anyone still smokes these days. It's ridiculously expensive, stinks, and is going to kill you. And it's not that hard to give up.

From an irritating, self-righteous ex-smoker.

It's great to smoke, I miss it and realise that if I had just one puff I could slip back into it again. I believe smokers who have quit are just one fag from becoming smokers again. I know a few people who have given up for between 5 and 10 years who start again. None of us are safe :eek:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's great to smoke, I miss it and realise that if I had just one puff I could slip back into it again. I believe smokers who have quit are just one fag from becoming smokers again. I know a few people who have given up for between 5 and 10 years who start again. None of us are safe :eek:

I actually don't really miss it anymore, very very rarely I think I want one but apart from that I don't. It's been 7 years now, and it took at least 5 years to get to the point where I really didn't want one. But yeah, I would still say I am one cigarette away from being a smoker again, I think I always will be.

Oct 25, 2003
I actually don't really miss it anymore, very very rarely I think I want one but apart from that I don't. It's been 7 years now, and it took at least 5 years to get to the point where I really didn't want one. But yeah, I would still say I am one cigarette away from being a smoker again, I think I always will be.

"it's not that hard to give up" and yet it took you 5 years to get to the point where you didn't really want one?! AND you're still just one cigarette away from lapsing?!

anyway, as for the entry/re-entry issue, just a simple stamp on the hand would do......like they have in bars and clubs, OR just have a fenced off area, that can only be accessed from inside the stadium, but is still technically "outside" of it...it seems so SIMPLE to me

self-righteousness of non-smokers on here aside, people WILL want to smoke during their time at the amex

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Do you drive? A vehicle spews out far more noxious and toxic fumes in a week than a smoker does in their entire lifetime!

I hope you're not being a complete hypocrit!

exhaust.jpg

Mmmm!!! Shell if I am not mistaken!!!!

:fishing:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"it's not that hard to give up" and yet it took you 5 years to get to the point where you didn't really want one?! AND you're still just one cigarette away from lapsing?!

It's not that hard. It's not easy, but it's not that hard. I went from smoking 20 a day to 0 a day overnight. First day was f***ing hard, first week was f***ing hard, second week was a tiny bit easier, third week a tiny bit easier than that. It's not that hard because it gets easier, not harder, the longer you do it for. You still want one, but you just don't have one.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I think he probably means the outer concourse.

Sorry, yes I did mean the concourse surrounding the stadium from outside

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
OR just have a fenced off area, that can only be accessed from inside the stadium, but is still technically "outside" of it...it seems so SIMPLE to me

It's not about inside or outside, it's about how enclosed the space is. Bus shelters for instance, are too enclosed to allow smoking, but are outside. I believe it has something to do with how many 'sides' the space has (e.g. a roof and one wall is fine, a roof and three walls isn't) You would need high fences to stop people hopping over, or to prevent passing tickets/vouchers to mates outside, having such large "walls" might make the space 'enclosed' in the eyes of the smoking law.

You then need to think about were these pens will go, obviously they have to go by a door. The only doors I'm aware of are the main entrances where the turnstiles are, and the gates here are fire exits, so building a pen off these will block an emergency exit, which would contravene health and safety laws, and licensing certificates.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Smoking area is unofficially the train station or the concorse leading from that to the stadium

Train station is illegal, concourse area is private property? If so then maybe I cannot smoke from outside Brighton station and back again, maybe a 3 and a half hour period.

Like to see someone try to enforce it.

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here