Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Emails with pro nouns.

I was a school governor until recently and all the staff and fellow governors put theirs on every communication I had a light hearted ticking off from the head after signing off Ian, just Ian. 😂

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Emails with pro nouns.

I was a school governor until recently and all the staff and fellow governors put theirs on every communication I had a light hearted ticking off from the head after signing off Ian, just Ian. 😂
Shame your name is not Bill as you could have signed Just William. ( One for the mature members if NSC )

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Emails with pro nouns.

Just say you identify as a non pronoun user. You take offence at being asked to use a pronoun.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Poor quality bread. It's the single food that I throw a big ol' strop over if it's not deliciously soft with an excellent crust. Nothing worse than being hugely excited about a sandwich and the bread being PATHETIC. I watched my wife fold a slice of tiger bread and it BROKE at the fold. That's instantly a sign it's not right and should be only good for toast.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Trucks choosing to overtake other trucks on busy dual carriageways at the start of an incline, inevitably both ending up roaring uphill side by side at 42mph, neither prepared to back down.

Should be an immediate jail sentence.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’ve been reminded today of two things that annoy me. We are away on holiday in our Motorhome and:
  1. People who park in places where they shouldn’t and it messes things up for other people. Charnock Richard’s service station on the M6. Head for the Caravan and Motorhome parking. Not many spaces, but numbers of them taken by ordinary cars, and the ordinary parking was by no means full. We were forced to go on to the next services. (It seems to be often late reg electric BMWs and Mercedes.
  2. people “undertaking” when the only reason I am still in an outer lane is because I could see they were going to be lazy and stupid. Had I moved in with them steaming up inside me, there would have been an accident.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or if you're an Aussie, it's "Look..."

(particularly cricketers)
Even more maddening are the GUMBO'S who begin their sentences with "listen..."

Its annoying enough in person, but when someone says it on the radio, or on a podcast (yes Troy Townsend on Guardian Football Weekly I mean YOU), WTF do they THINK we're doing ? Yes. I. am. Listening. You don't have to give me INSTRUCTIONS.

OK, I need a few deep breaths. That little vein on my temple is throbbing again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When fictional characters are interviewed as if they are real people/in character. In any medium.

Miss Piggy seems to do a lot of these.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Even more maddening are the GUMBO'S who begin their sentences with "listen..."

Its annoying enough in person, but when someone says it on the radio, or on a podcast (yes Troy Townsend on Guardian Football Weekly I mean YOU), WTF do they THINK we're doing ? Yes. I. am. Listening. You don't have to give me INSTRUCTIONS.

OK, I need a few deep breaths. That little vein on my temple is throbbing again.
We just need MC Hammer and we've got the set...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I’ve been reminded today of two things that annoy me. We are away on holiday in our Motorhome and:
  1. People who park in places where they shouldn’t and it messes things up for other people. Charnock Richard’s service station on the M6. Head for the Caravan and Motorhome parking. Not many spaces, but numbers of them taken by ordinary cars, and the ordinary parking was by no means full. We were forced to go on to the next services. (It seems to be often late reg electric BMWs and Mercedes.
  2. people “undertaking” when the only reason I am still in an outer lane is because I could see they were going to be lazy and stupid. Had I moved in with them steaming up inside me, there would have been an accident.
Surely, the only reason to be in the outer lane is that there wasn't room to safely move to the left?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Surely, the only reason to be in the outer lane is that there wasn't room to safely move to the left?
Exactly. Had they not been doing what they were doing, I would have been in the inside lane…..

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Exactly. Had they not been doing what they were doing, I would have been in the inside lane…..
My point is actually that in the scenario you describe, it sounds like you should already have moved over. If there's room for undertaking, is there not room for you to have moved over?

Why do you (apparently) wait for someone to come up behind you before thinking about getting out of the right hand lane?

I'm not advocating undertaking by the way, I just don't get why people sit in the right hand (or middle) lane when the one(s) to their left are clear.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here