Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Round posts that hold directional signs, so they can be easily turned to face the wrong way. Use square posts you idiots!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Picking Han Solo as my username for absolutely no reason. Star Wars is trash.
Welcome back Lerkot! :)

I'm looking forward to more of the 90% of stuff that made you an interesting contributor on here and, frankly less of the 10% where you were a tw@t :kiss:

("Dirty good" on another post gave you away, even before you confirmed your old username on another post)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This is probably just an issue for me but another saving time in domestic task that my wife won’t get on board with….

When hanging washing you leave the socks until the end and hang them in pairs. It doesn’t take any time but it achieves two things
1) it saves time when you take the washing in as you can just make the pairs and job done.
2) it makes sure you have the pairs. How often is an odd sock hiding in the washing machine and then you have odd socks for the rest of time.

Thinking about it I don’t think I am cut out to be a married man with three teenagers living at home. Basically everything everyone does drives me mad.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
These pedestrian crossings.

View attachment 183191

Why are there two? Well because the bottom one is rendered useless as soon as somebody is stood in front of it. Which means the bottom one is useless and the whole idea is just a solution in search of a problem. Just stick a red/green man on the other side of the road like the 194 other countries do.
Yes. They are so stupid. Every time I'm back in the UK it takes me a while to remember where I'm supposed to look for the crossing light. Even when there are two, they're often both blocked because someone is standing right next to you. GET RID.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So, I get irritated by the huge amount of people who start everything they say with, "So..."

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
People who say 'say again?' instead of saying 'pardon', especially as the latter requires a syllable's less effort.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
People who say 'say again?' instead of saying 'pardon', especially as the latter requires a syllable's less effort.
1.gif

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Up and down the country.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
So, I get irritated by the huge amount of people who start everything they say with, "So..."
Or if you're an Aussie, it's "Look..."

(particularly cricketers)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lack of car courtesy, i.e. not indicating and not acknowledging when another driver has stopped for you to pass.

Both require the swiftest of hand movements or a flash of the headlights, you don't even need to let go of the steering wheel.

This is my barometer of how f*cked society is, because if people can't be bothered to take a second to do that then what chance of them taking more time to, say, recycle correctly or research a news story from an independent source?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Those new lager four packs with plastic widget shit that holds them together on the can (rather than the old plastic
covers). Have you ever tried to separate the bastards.

Reactions: cjd

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Having to tell the Card Payment only till that I want to pay by card. You have already told me its card payment only so why?

That really IS a small thing. Hats off.
Yes - but it is indeed REALLY annoying. Irritates me every time.

Like the cash machine down the Co-op, where it gives me a selection - balance / cash / cash with balance etc. I choose 'cash' - and then it asks me if I want my balance as well. NO - If I had done, I would have chosen 'cash with balance' wouldn't I.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here