Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
'How are you ?' from someone you don't know in a call. I always told my team never to use that expression. It is insincere and if someone wants to tell you their life story be prepared as you have a duty to listen.
I've always assumed that's a development/variation on "How do you do", to which you're meant to reply "how do you do" straight back and then get on with the conversation.

Although I have a bad habit of answering honestly and telling people that "I'm shit, but never mind that".

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
These pedestrian crossings.

1717050504575.png

Why are there two? Well because the bottom one is rendered useless as soon as somebody is stood in front of it. Which means the bottom one is useless and the whole idea is just a solution in search of a problem. Just stick a red/green man on the other side of the road like the 194 other countries do.

Misuse of apostrophes.

If some thing belongs to Dave it is Dave's. If there are two people called Dave there are two Daves. Plural does not = apostrophe.

My wife filing the kettle to the brim to make two cups of tea.

People who run to stop a lift just as the doors are closing and then say "sorry"

People who quote research as fact when in fact it isn't. FACT.
People who miss the second "l " in "filling". :)

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Picking Han Solo as my username for absolutely no reason. Star Wars is trash.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
My wife filing the kettle to the brim to make two cups of tea.
This.
Your wife, like mine, must prefer taking 5 times longer to make the tea, whilst burning fivers and destroying the planet at the same time..

The kitchen is FULL of little opportunities for annoyance...

Using a knife for something small/trivial and then (rather than just wiping the blade and putting it away), just dumping it in the sink. 2 mins later, grab another knife, use it and put it in the sink... repeat until EVERY F***ING knife is in the sink and will need properly washing up before use.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Although I have a bad habit of answering honestly and telling people that "I'm shit, but never mind that".
Good for you. I did that too, a couple of months ago, and the consequences were surprising.

The “How are you?” came out the blue, from an ex colleague who’d moved to Chicago about 3 years ago. We’d probably spoken four or five times in the interim, always work-related - I’d given her references for jobs a couple of times, that kind of thing.

So when she sent just that, as a WhatsApp, I figured there was no harm in actually replying with a little bit of substance, not just a cursory “I’m good thanks, how are you?”

Few days later, she replied to that with a huge long email. The roots of it lay in work issues - probably why she’d messaged me, as we’d always worked well together - but there was a flood of stuff she just need to share and unburden.

It totally took me aback, as it was so unexpected and spontaneous, but ever since we’ve started messaging daily, and have now ended up with a strong bond and friendship that wasn’t there before.

All from replying properly to a simple “How are you?”

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This.
Your wife, like mine, must prefer taking 5 times longer to make the tea, whilst burning fivers and destroying the planet at the same time..

The kitchen is FULL of little opportunities for annoyance...

Using a knife for something small/trivial and then (rather than just wiping the blade and putting it away), just dumping it in the sink. 2 mins later, grab another knife, use it and put it in the sink... repeat until EVERY F***ING knife is in the sink and will need properly washing up before use.
And then the progression to dishwasher. My wife can’t unload it properly. It drives me mad.

Our dishwasher is a couple of steps from the cupboards. When my wife unloads the dishwasher she takes things out and puts them on the table which is one step IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the cupboards. Once she has everything on the table she then moves it to the cupboards. I have to leave the room because I just can’t handle it. She then has the nerve to say she is busy and can’t do something. I point out that if she spends her days making tasks take far longer than they should then she will be busy.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
And then the progression to dishwasher. My wife can’t unload it properly. It drives me mad.

Our dishwasher is a couple of steps from the cupboards. When my wife unloads the dishwasher she takes things out and puts them on the table which is one step IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the cupboards. Once she has everything on the table she then moves it to the cupboards. I have to leave the room because I just can’t handle it. She then has the nerve to say she is busy and can’t do something. I point out that if she spends her days making tasks take far longer than they should then she will be busy.
Oooooh, don't get me started on the dishwasher...

Ours has a cutlery rack/shelf at the top. When loading, putting dirty cutlery of the same type next to each other takes fractionally longer, yet when it's done it's possible to just grab handfuls to put them together in the right section of the cutlery drawer - MUCH quicker. This only works if you both follow the system.
It's much the same in the rest of the dishwasher - plates of the same size put next to each other not only clean better as they stack neatly allowing a gap for the water to get at the whole plate, but it's then easy to grab all the stuff that is stored together in one go...
I have also lost count of the times I've explained that if something is badly stacked and blocks the spray arm, it won't rotate and things won't clean properly...
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

I'm the one with a problem here, aren't I? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here