• IN

Votes: 108 34.8%
  • OUT

Votes: 202 65.2%

• Total voters

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I think that the only thing that would save Slade and give him another week. is for him to argue that things would have been different today had Murray not been suspended.

So you don't think that having 3 fullbacks injured has played a part in the defensive mistakes??

However on the other side, I do think he should have signed another right back in the summer, but I guess he thought the players he had would be able to cover it sufficiently well.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Ive been slade in untill very recently, but i must admit its getting harder to defend the man after every bad result. I (like many others) gave Adams stick when we were doing equally as bad last season, so I dont see why Slade should be any diferent. Im slowly falling off that fence.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Over 70%. The majority have spoken.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's really sad: he's obviously a very, very nice and highly intelligent bloke, both of which can be pretty rare attributes in his profession. But somehow this season has been flat from the start and when it's a team that is so much of his own making as this one, that's hard to pin on anyone other than him. I think it's probably about time to make a change but would love to keep him around if that were possible.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
5 home defeats from 7 is unacceptable in anyone's book.

16 games played, out of the 2 cup's first time and in the relegation zone a 1/3 of the way through the season.

3 wins
4 draws
9 defeats
15 for
28 against

Alan Curbishley will be in the dug out next Saturday.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Choosing time to sack someone is always a tough call.....

I have voted 'in' but I'm not sure. With the upcoming games we cant use the excuse that because these teams were better than us we lost. We've already seen we cant beat the weaker teams so that means we cant beat anyone.

So I would expect a minimum 4 pts from the next two games or its time to go. I want him to succeed and I am worried we are getting a reputation as a sacking club but nothing is going right and what I'm hearing the tactics were all wrong yesterday.

Not getting at CB but I think that Kuipers is probably having his worst season for some time and it beggars belief that the new keeper isnt even being given a sniff.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A couple of weeks ago I was IN. Sadly now, I'm afraid he will have to go!

I'm fed up facing work after another home defeat! We haven't even played the top sides yet!!!

Yesterday, Sam Allardyce laid the blame at the feet of his players for thinking they could go after goals when losing to Chelsea.

Now, did I get this wrong or is he the manager of those players? Did they totally break from his tactic talk and do their own thing? If they did, then he's to blame for that as well! There's no squirming out of taking the blame for repetitive error-making - the manager is supposed to be in control of the situation and take the blame. If he's not in control, then he's still to blame for that.

(not to mention the fact that unless Blackburn went after goals when LOSING, the result would still be a loss!)

Last edited:

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
I have to say, oldham are a terrible side, so to lose to them at home in the manner that we did was poor, but sacking manager after manager isn t the solution. true, we're in a bad league postion at the moment but ther are 6 points separating 10th to 21st. Slade will get us out if this!

I have to say, oldham are a terrible side, so to lose to them at home in the manner that we did was poor, but sacking manager after manager isn t the solution. true, we're in a bad league postion at the moment but ther are 6 points separating 10th to 21st. Slade will get us out if this!

On what basis do you think Slade will get us out of this?
20 games gone (including friendlies & cup games) and no hint of any improvement?

Time to move on.......................

No More Geese

Feb 22, 2009
London
I think that the only thing that would save Slade and give him another week. is for him to argue that things would have been different today had Murray not been suspended.

a) he shouldn't be relying on one player
b) he shouldn't be relying on a player who clearly doesn't give a shit
c) Murray is part of the problem and I'm sick of our 'fans' saying that a guy who doesn't give shit is our best player and that we should keep him.

A new manager will need about 1 month or more to get a grip on the players and what needs to change. If we wait until xmas we'll have left it too late. The 2-0 Gills win could end up being the 0-2 Swindon win for Adams. Ultimately bought him a couple of months and we paid the price by fighting for survival until the last day of the season. Slade Out with White, & Booker. I'd love Coppell, Jewell or Andy Scott in that order with Forster as assistant.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In for now. His effort at dragging a poorly-performing side into an unbeatable side at the end of last season deserves a chance to do the same with this one.

Another 2-3 straight defeats though, and I can't see him staying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here